Sign in to follow this  
Cyscott1

Opinions needed for scenario

I've been working up a scenario that plays out the fiction in the rulebook. Basicly It starts with Eva at the radio calling for reinforcments just as the Union comes through the front door. Heizinger and OZO are in the crypt working on the ritual to open the portal. There are several more details but what I'm trying to decide is weather to use both maps at the same time in a linked fashion or weather to break this into 2 linked games. Do you think it's too much to use both maps at the same time? Seems doable to me but could make for a longish game.

well, obviously ( i assume) you will need two maps, cool i have the nov expansion, i think it would be a great idea, you could play both together and see for example what is happening upstairs and how its going below, what about one entry point say the one with the stairs ont the castle map to be the down entry for the union to go down to the cellar, and exit at the corner surrounded by barrels in the other map, allowing for ambush, etc, but at first having maybe a bigger union deployment, reich dont get any till 2nd-4th turn?

Use operation novogord for infiltration type of mission where union characters need to sneak by obscura corps sentries and enter the door (Tesla priory could work as Kizcas Castle).

Second misson could go as shutin down generators stealin' paperwork and relics.

Third one is lower floor where they are confronted  by EVA,StossTrupen and shock Troop.

Fourth is were they are confronted by OZO ans Stoss.

and Culmintation where they have to fight Van Henzinger,demons and Chaos.

Make every misson progresivly harder

I thought about doing something like that. Would be more like a campain than a scenario then. I noticed they are putting out an outdoor map with the next expansion. I may wait to see if I want to include that.

One of the ideas I am playing with is for a multi player game where the Reich is split into 2 factions with conflicting objectives. Such as Eva has orders to kill Henziger. Not sure about that one yet. I have a playtest setup on the coffee table ATM with the castle and crypt maps seeing how long it will play out and trying to work out how to play the portal ritual timing so the Union can arrive just as the drama peeks. The number 666 will be used I can say that much. Did some dice rolling tests on that one today.

Right now it looks like 6 on six with trooper reinforcments for a 2 map game. May add some mercs for a multi player version. Multi player looks to have the best possibilities for tension and drama.

Thanks for the input.

Scott

I decided to compact it all onto one map, the Catacombs. Here's the first draft. See what you think.

Operation: Tannhäuser

Type: Fan Made Scenario Union against Reich

Briefing: Eva rushes to the radio to call for help as the Union storms into the Catacombs. Von Hezinger and his servants work feverishly to begin the ritual. The race is on. The fate of the world hangs in the balance. (From the fiction in the rule book. See pages 4 and 23 for more background info.)

Difficulty Level: Hard

Game Mode: Special

Setup: Place Von Heizinger on the center circle of the map marked with an (X). Place OZO and a Stosstruppen on any circle within line of sight of sight of Von Hezinger. Place Eva on the entry circle in the lower left corner of the map. Place a Schocktruppen on any circle in the lower half of the map outside the Cornerstone chamber walls.

The Union chooses a standard team of 5 and may also select one additional hero (Union or Mecenary) or 2 troopers as reinforcments prior to the start of the game. The Union enters via the entry circle in the upper right corner of the map.

See page 21 of the rule book for Objective info and map placments under the section titled “Map B (Catacombs)”. Shuffle the crates and draw 2 at random. Place one on each of the 2 action circles. When a crate/item is removed replace it with a new crate to simulate a stack of crates.

Special Rules: Only Eva may use the radio. When she completes the Engineering objective roll 3 dice. If she rolls atleast one “6” she has recived orders from the Kaiser to kill Von Heizinger. If this happens the Union player assumes control of Eva for the remainder of the game. The Reich may not recive any reinforcments until the Engineering objective is completed.

To start the ritual, Von Hezinger must first decipher the demonic glyphs by completing the Archaeology objective. After the glyphs are deciphered he may attempt the ancient chant. Roll 3 dice at the start of each of Von Hezingers following turns (He must be on the cornerstone. Does not count as an action.). When he rolls the first “6” a crack apears in the cornerstone and negative energy envelopes him making him immune to attacks using ranged wepons so long as he stands on the cornerstone. When a second “6” is rolled (on the same or future rolls) the crack widens and negative energy surges through his body shooting out in all directions. All non-corrupted characters on the same path as Heizinger are hit by the negative energy pulse doing 2 automatic damage. Ghostly phantoms scream all around them. Each affected character must do a fear check by rolling 1 die. If the result is higher than that characters current mental value that character flees in terror. Move that character their maximum movment value away from the cornerstone. Reich player moves Union characters and Union player moves Reich characters. Note: Von Heizinger, OZO and Stosstruppen are considered corrupted characters. When a third “6” is rolled the portal opens, unleashing Hell.

To destroy the cornerstone the Union must complete the weponry objective. The Union gets starting iniative.

Reich Advantage: Reinforcments (see special rule above). Only Schocktruppen may return as reinforcments (unlimited). They return at the entry circle in the lower left corner of the map. If a Stosstruppen is killed a Schocktruppen moving onto one of the 3 circles on the cornerstone is instantly transformed into a Stosstruppen. The new Stosstruppen may not move or preform an action till the next round. The transformed Schocktruppen may then be replaced as if he was killed.

Victory Conditions: The Union wins by killing Heizinger and destroying the Cardinal Cornerstone. The Reich wins by opening the Portal or eliminating all enemy agents.

I'm still open to suggestions.

Scott

Very nice man,you used my sugestion added your own tidbits and got really nice scenario.Nice endgame;like it a lot becuse it keeps pressure on both teams and it seem like it could turn in real nail bitter.aplauso.gif