Sign in to follow this  
Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

Large Ships We Want to See in Armada

Liberator Cruiser

Can carry 6 Squadrons so it should be able to activate 6 squadrons. it would really make them worth while if you could do that. :D

But I think FFG really want this game to be more about ships battling one another so we might no see this one :(

I like the Liberator but wasn't sure if she would be Large or Medium since she has never been officially statted anywhere, and is described as being small. But why does the Wookieepedia page list the points for its armament as the number of guns it carries? They didn't convert that way for any of the other ships in Rebellion so what made someone think they would for the Liberator? Hopefully FFG will include it in the RPG so we can fix that with official data.

I don't think there is a scale is there for armaments form books/internet to convert to armada? just lists of upgrades like XI7 on Neb. If I could design it I would go close to want was listed on Wookieepedia and divide the cannons by 20 and go 2 red and 2 blue on the sides 1 red and 1 blue on the front and 1 red on the back. Do you think that would be to powerful or just right?

Well in the computer game Liberator's first appeared in the Turbolaser output of each of a Liberator's arcs equaled two thirds of the equivalent arc on an MC80. They actually have the same Ion Cannon output but the firing arcs are different An MC80 has 40 Ion Cannon points in the fore and aft arcs and 60 in each broadside  while a Liberator has 40 forward, none aft, and 80 in each broadside.

Edited by RogueCorona

First of all, we ALREADY have the Death Star.  It's an FFG Playmat.   That's as good as your are going to get.   They COULD release a Death Star scenario that you have to play, where the rebels get like 200 more points, but every turn the SuperLaser fires and rolls something crazy like 9 dice and you cannot use defense tokens - or something like that. 

Now for the ships I'd like to see? 

Interdictor Star Destroyer would be the most logical next step.  Maybe some Dreadnaughts as well.  Also really want a way to get a bunch of GR-90 Rebel Transports on the board.   And I don't mean with cardboard tokens. 

Faction-specific scenarios? Count me in!

First of all, we ALREADY have the Death Star.  It's an FFG Playmat.   That's as good as your are going to get.  

I find your lack of faith disturbing. In a game where the scale is only what makes the model look good relative to those around it the Death Star only has to be a little bigger than the biggest ship.

That said, perhaps it may only be a hemisphere, but for me two hemispheres ends up being a sphere. :D

I'd like to see the Liberator Cruiser and/or the Bulwark. The old Rebels game offered us a number of interesting design for the rebels that really haven't been seen elsewhere. That they have no official stats mean FFG can make them into whatever they need to be to make the engine interesting.

I still think the Executor is possible someday. If the game didn't have the sliding scale that it has now, it wouldn't be. Star Destroyers would be the size of X-Wing corvettes and we'd probably have CR-90s in swarms like the customizes are doing now. Surely when setting out to do this project one of the questions they asked is "what would scale look like to include all the canonically depicted ships?"

But for the Empire apart from the Terrible E, I'd like to see other ships done by Fractalsponge. As much as I like the Praetor II, it's too perfectly triangular to practically fit on a base IMO. The Secutor class is perhaps my most wanted one within the constraints of being a large ship.

If your bringing a death star, then I will take General Rieekan and mess you up! XD

Liaison:"Sir's! The death star has fired on one of our cruisers! It's completely destroyed! :O"

Akabar: "Our shields can't repel firepower of that magnitude!"

Rieekan: "Order that ship to broadside the nearest unactivated Star Destroyer! Then when it moves, have it ram them in their front arc! That will obstruct their attacks, and they will be forced to take further damage when it moves and rams them. Plus dropping them to speed 0 will negate their defensive tokens, leaving them helpless!"

Liaison: "... but sir! That's suicide!"

Rieekan: "Damnit man, do you think I don't know that! They knew what they were signed up for, they knew the risks of this mission! They will be remembered as martyrs, as patriots, as the bravest goddamn men and women that ever lived! Now, give the Order leiutenent."

Liaison: "... Sir yes Sir!"

Akabar: "... waitaminute"

Meanwhile!

Redshirt Imperial Officer: "The Deathstar is firing! Hit! We have killed one of the rebel ships my lord!"

Vader: "Very good. Now, order th-"

Redshirt Imperial Officer: "My lord! That Rebel Cruiser is firing on us! Brace for impacts!"

Vader: "Wat?"

RsIO: "Shields failing! Hull damage on decks 12-14! They are coming about! Sensors detect multiple escape pods launched. Their... Their going to RAM us!"

Vader: "Wat!?!"

RsIO: "BRACE! Major damage reported on the bow, with the top decks venting atmosphere! They are blocking our firing solution at the rest of the rebel fleet, and we are going to hit them again! Brace for impact! Minor damage reported to overall hull integrity but the bow is gone my lord!"

Vader: "WAT"

RsIO: "We are stopped in space sir, it will be another 3 rounds till we can get moving again my lord. Also, the Rebel Cruiser is destroyed!"

Vader: *face palm*

Edit: (for more lolz)

Meanwhile-Meanwhile:

Akabar: "ah, so you just jiggle the Ethernet cord in the modem to spike their ping? Fascinating!"

Rieekan: "yup, and they are only destroyed once the server catches up!"

(He's a dirty cheater, that rebel scum)

Edited by Corellian Corvette

I would also like to see the liberty, and the interdictor would seem to be an obvious choice as well.  I personally think we will see an executor in this game at some point.  I have a great model of the death star that I think will do nicely.....

If your bringing a death star, then I will take General Rieekan and mess you up! XD

Liaison:"Sir's! The death star has fired on one of our cruisers! It's completely destroyed! :O"

Akabar: "Our shields can't repel firepower of that magnitude!"

Rieekan: "Order that ship to broadside the nearest unactivated Star Destroyer! Then when it moves, have it ram them in their front arc! That will obstruct their attacks, and they will be forced to take further damage when it moves and rams them. Plus dropping them to speed 0 will negate their defensive tokens, leaving them helpless!"

Liaison: "... but sir! That's suicide!"

Rieekan: "Damnit man, do you think I don't know that! They knew what they were signed up for, they knew the risks of this mission! They will be remembered as martyrs, as patriots, as the bravest goddamn men and women that ever lived! Now, give the Order leiutenent."

Liaison: "... Sir yes Sir!"

Akabar: "... waitaminute"

Meanwhile!

Redshirt Imperial Officer: "The Deathstar is firing! Hit! We have killed one of the rebel ships my lord!"

Vader: "Very good. Now, order th-"

Redshirt Imperial Officer: "My lord! That Rebel Cruiser is firing on us! Brace for impacts!"

Vader: "Wat?"

RsIO: "Shields failing! Hull damage on decks 12-14! They are coming about! Sensors detect multiple escape pods launched. Their... Their going to RAM us!"

Vader: "Wat!?!"

RsIO: "BRACE! Major damage reported on the bow, with the top decks venting atmosphere! They are blocking our firing solution at the rest of the rebel fleet, and we are going to hit them again! Brace for impact! Minor damage reported to overall hull integrity but the bow is gone my lord!"

Vader: "WAT"

RsIO: "We are stopped in space sir, it will be another 3 rounds till we can get moving again my lord. Also, the Rebel Cruiser is destroyed!"

Vader: *face palm*

Edit: (for more lolz)

Meanwhile-Meanwhile:

Akabar: "ah, so you just jiggle the Ethernet cord in the modem to spike their ping? Fascinating!"

Rieekan: "yup, and they are only destroyed once the server catches up!"

(He's a dirty cheater, that rebel scum)

I would normally edit this down and just address the points I want to talk to. But for you I leave the whole glorious post as is. Thank you for understanding why I would want such a piece in the game.

You aren't posting based on experience, playtester for FFG perhaps? :D

"Snip"

I would normally edit this down and just address the points I want to talk to. But for you I leave the whole glorious post as is. Thank you for understanding why I would want such a piece in the game.

You aren't posting based on experience, playtester for FFG perhaps? :D

I'll never tell...

:D

(Playtesters are usually under Non Discloser Agreements, and if I was one, I wouldn't tell you anyways, and deny it)

Edited by Corellian Corvette

Plus dropping them to speed 0 will negate their defensive tokens, leaving them helpless!"

I thought ramming situations don't actually drop the ship to speed 0, bust simply require you to move as if it were speed 0? i.e. You keep your defense tokens.

Plus dropping them to speed 0 will negate their defensive tokens, leaving them helpless!"

I thought ramming situations don't actually drop the ship to speed 0, bust simply require you to move as if it were speed 0? i.e. You keep your defense tokens.

I may be wrong, I haven't used the ramming mechanics for a few weeks now...

I may be wrong, I haven't used the ramming mechanics for a few weeks now...

You may perform a speed 0 maneouver due to the bump and grind, but you DO NOT CHANGE THE SPEED DIAL - so you are always remaining at your Set speed...  NOT Speed 0.

The Bellator Class Star Destroyer.

http://templarsoftwilight.wikia.com/wiki/Bellator-class_Star_Battlecruiser

Roughly 7,300 Meters.

Also Tarkin would be proud of this thread.

Honestly if we had a thread for small ships, medium ships, or both we want to see in Armada my post would be much much longer even counting the Liberator which I would have listed in this topic if I hadn't been unsure about whether it would be a large ship or a medium ship. I've always preferred small or midsized capital ships to big ones but there are some larger designs I like.

Ramming only temporarily reduces the speed by 1 so that the base is clear of the ship contacting it. It keeps going down until the ship is no longer in base-overlap with a nearby ship, and that ship gets the damage from ramming. But if all ships disperse, they can move normally.

So it won't take 3 turns for the Empire to get moving again :P