Sign in to follow this  
surly88

Rebel Y-Wings: Turrets? Bombs? Title? Too. Many. Options ...

Warden Squadron Pilot (23)

Extra Munitions (2)

Intelligence Agent (1)

Conner Net (4)

Advanced SLAM (2)

Gold Squadron Pilot (18)

Ion Cannon Turret (5)

R3-A2 (2)

BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)

Gold Squadron Pilot (18)

Twin Laser Turret (6)

R2 Astromech (1)

BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)

Prototype Pilot (17)

Chardaan Refit (-2)

Autothrusters (2)

Total: 99

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Net an enemy, and laugh maniacally as your Ys finish him off!

Question.  In this squad, I would think the TLT should be with R3-A2.  Is there an official ruling/consensus on that interaction?  Can the Ywing take 3 stress to add 3 stress (1 from primary, 1 from each TLT shot?)

yes. that may have a faq thingy for it, but yes.

i always wanted Horton to be viable, soon he will be. Best part is he will pair so well with ICT Y's.

hm yeah, ill give him VI and call the build Y U KILL ME?.
EPT droid will be reserved for Marksmanship...

"Focus + TL all three shots?!" "FIRE EVERYTHING!"

i always wanted Horton to be viable, soon he will be. Best part is he will pair so well with ICT Y's.

hm yeah, ill give him VI and call the build Y U KILL ME?.
EPT droid will be reserved for Marksmanship...

"Focus + TL all three shots?!" "FIRE EVERYTHING!"

mmm YEAH.

Warden Squadron Pilot (23)

Extra Munitions (2)

Intelligence Agent (1)

Conner Net (4)

Advanced SLAM (2)

Gold Squadron Pilot (18)

Ion Cannon Turret (5)

R3-A2 (2)

BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)

Gold Squadron Pilot (18)

Twin Laser Turret (6)

R2 Astromech (1)

BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)

Prototype Pilot (17)

Chardaan Refit (-2)

Autothrusters (2)

Total: 99

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Net an enemy, and laugh maniacally as your Ys finish him off!

Question.  In this squad, I would think the TLT should be with R3-A2.  Is there an official ruling/consensus on that interaction?  Can the Ywing take 3 stress to add 3 stress (1 from primary, 1 from each TLT shot?)

Yes, it probably should, it was early in the morning when I made that list :D.

Edited by YwingAce

My default 4-Y build is 2x Gold and 2x Grey Squadron, each with an R2 Astro and Ion Cannon Turret. Solid list, though it suffered against my friend's Doom Cannon list (to be fair, so did everything else I flew against that...)

Another one I'd like to try is 4x Greys with R2 Astro and Engine Upgrade. Alternatively, 4x Hired Gun + Unhinged, which might actually work better, come to think of it...

Ys without turrets? "You're braver then I thought"

BTL A-4 is a good title as it improves the primary firepower of a predominately mediocre firepower stat. However I think many people focus on the gimick with BTL A-4 with say upgrades as R3-A2 instead of just making a good line ship form a fire support ship. I would use upgrades like R2 to increase the mobility and stress removal.

For bombs well if you are going with that gimick of EM plus BL plus bomb try using Ion Turret WITHOUT the BTL-A4 title. The idea is to fly next to a ship zap them with a turret then drop the bomb where they can get hit by it.

There's a Rules Question precedent for Cluster, which is that you only declare once. BTL-A4 TLT won't triple stress.

I might be wrong but I think it does. BTL-A4 + any turret lets you double stress and TLT allows you to select different targets so you would be declaring twice with it so I do believe it is triple stress.

Edit:I looked over the card again and it appears that you attack the same target twice. So you are only declaring twice and R3-A2 requires you to declare to stress so you are probably right only 2 stress with TLT and the title. Which also means no double stress from just the TLT and the stress bot. 

I know we are talking rebel ships and not scum Ys but agromech on a BTL-A4 with Ion cannon turret does noticeably more damage and pull of the ion more often than a warthog without. Though on the rebel side if you are running dutch, garvin or Kyle you can kind of mitigate that.

Edited by Tanarri

The Y-wing, quite appropriately given its lore as an old but heavily modified workhorse, is one of the most versatile ships in the game. It's one a very tough platform that doesn't rely on green dice, it serves as an ordnance carrier (Torpedo slots), a bomber with all the options that entails (Bomb Loadout), a turreted control platform (BTL-S3, Ion), a double stresser (R3-A2 with either Flechette or BTL-A4), a forward damage dogfighter (BTL-A4, Ion, an agility astromech), an agile ship swatter (Autoblaster), and in Wave VII it gets a long range attacks with Twin Laser Turret. It can be kitted out to 30 points and still be completely viable or can be as cheap as 20 with just the Autoblaster. The named pilots give it options for raw damage, dice reliability (Horton Salm, especially with TLT and Drea Renthal) or even support with Dutch Vander. And despite all those options, it doesn't crowd out other ships and all of those options are good in the right role.

If I could only have one ship, this'd be the one I'd have. With all its upgrade options together it stands out as one of FFG's masterpieces.

Amen Brother!!!

I love Bwings, but now that I am playing with Scum and Villians, the Y-Wing is the scum Bwing, full of options, reliable and hard to kill!!!

I ran a list with Corran, Tycho, and a Gold Squadron with only an autoblaster turret, against three PS9 TIE interceptors. The Y-Wing ended up being a major asset rather than a liability, since I quickly realized I could use it as an exclusion bubble to protect Corran from getting mobbed at range 1 by the Interceptors. This combination meant they couldn't do enough damage to take out Corran in the first half of the game.

Meanwhile Tycho ran around out of their range, turtling and taking potshots at the TIEs and being a general nuisance until the green dice eventually failed them and he killed an interceptor that was trying to outflank the Y-Wing. With only two of them left, I ended up breaking the Y-Wing off from Corran and flying after the TIEs, and then directly into their path as they came around an asteroid, which blocked one in and saw the autoblaster turret take out Fel's Stealth Device, which basically clinched the game for me. Plus, watching an almost bare Y-Wing chase Interceptors was quite amusing.

I personally can't wait until I can replace both torp slots with bombs on the Y-Wing, (One bomb upgrade, One extra Munitions) That'll be fun in casual events

Makes you wonder why they bothered even putting "Limited" on that bomb loadout card to begin with, eh?

I personally can't wait until I can replace both torp slots with bombs on the Y-Wing, (One bomb upgrade, One extra Munitions) That'll be fun in casual events

Makes you wonder why they bothered even putting "Limited" on that bomb loadout card to begin with, eh?

So as not to have two different bombs.

That said, with EMs on the way, I can't wait for my Warthogs to have a pair of Ion Bombs to keep their six clear.

That said, with EMs on the way, I can't wait for my Warthogs to have a pair of Ion Bombs to keep their six clear.

Turn 1: Ion Bomb followed by K-Turn + Dakka!

Turn 2: 1-Forward followed by More Dakka!

Do it as Drea, and you can keep burning target locks to boost your attacks while doing it! ;)

Do it as Drea, and you can keep burning target locks to boost your attacks while doing it! ;)

Drea (with R4-B11) will pretty much be stressed all the time, so a K-turn is out. She works much better with a standard turret rather than the title in my experience.

Edited by Hedgehogmech

I think you should put this on it and no BTL-A4.

twin-laser-turret.jpg

I'm thrilled about a pair of TLT Y-Wings providing board control, trust me. It's just figuring out the other 52 points so far (pair of B-Wings? K-Wings? Cheap Dash?)

Edit: actually HLC Outrider Dash with two TLT Ys would be awesome. I hereby dub this combo Triple Donut Delight!

Edited by Tsiegtiez

For scum Us, I want to try:

24: Thug w/ Autoblaster turret, Seismic Charge, Extra Munitions, Genius.

For only 24 points it's got a lot going on. It's scary against arc-dodgers and swarms alike. I really like how extra munitions makes the free "Genius" worth another look.

I think you should put this on it and no BTL-A4.

twin-laser-turret.jpg

I'm thrilled about a pair of TLT Y-Wings providing board control, trust me. It's just figuring out the other 52 points so far (pair of B-Wings? K-Wings? Cheap Dash?)

Edit: actually HLC Outrider Dash with two TLT Ys would be awesome. I hereby dub this combo Triple Donut Delight!

Fly each so they cover the other's donut hole.

I ran a list with Corran, Tycho, and a Gold Squadron with only an autoblaster turret, against three PS9 TIE interceptors. The Y-Wing ended up being a major asset rather than a liability, since I quickly realized I could use it as an exclusion bubble to protect Corran from getting mobbed at range 1 by the Interceptors. This combination meant they couldn't do enough damage to take out Corran in the first half of the game.

Meanwhile Tycho ran around out of their range, turtling and taking potshots at the TIEs and being a general nuisance until the green dice eventually failed them and he killed an interceptor that was trying to outflank the Y-Wing. With only two of them left, I ended up breaking the Y-Wing off from Corran and flying after the TIEs, and then directly into their path as they came around an asteroid, which blocked one in and saw the autoblaster turret take out Fel's Stealth Device, which basically clinched the game for me. Plus, watching an almost bare Y-Wing chase Interceptors was quite amusing.

I'd like to see this list.