Sign in to follow this  
The_Brown_Bomber

What tie-advanced squads look strongest post Raider release?

The much anticipated tie-advenced fixes are going to shake up the meta. 

Vader is going to be relevant again and rather dangerous.

• What tie-advanced squads look strongest post Raider release?

• There is going to be a viable low pilot skill list with multiple tie-advanced ships right?

There is only Vader. You will see about as many non-Vader TIE Advanced as you do non-Fel Interceptors. He is just leaps and bounds better than any others with a good/reasonable points cost.

I think we'll see Vader as another option in 2 ship Decimator builds, while a little pricier (once tricked out) than Fel he is a little tougher with two shields and does not rely on taking stress every round.

The other big star is going to be low cost generics with accuracy corrector.  It will fill in a big hole in the Imperial meta by offering a decent dogfighting ship in the low to mid 20 point range.

There is only Vader. You will see about as many non-Vader TIE Advanced as you do non-Fel Interceptors. He is just leaps and bounds better than any others with a good/reasonable points cost.

SNORT.  

Juno VI ATC wants a word with you.  Prockets optional. 

Maarek VI ATC or Calc also, for being silly to big ships.  

Colzet will be fun casually but probably won't see play.  

Even Storms ATC as a 1 of will be a massive pain to big ships.  

I think Vader would be the most played TIE fighter especially with EU. Juno with VI may be a contender as a cheaper arc dodger.

To be honest I don't think ATC would be that good because well crits are not as powerful as raw damage. IMHO the best upgrade to take with the new TIE advance title would be Accuracy corrector. Always being able to do 2 damage allows for you to strip tokens off of turtled ships pretty well. Plus you would never have to worry about dice wiffing.

To be honest I don't think ATC would be that good because well crits are not as powerful as raw damage. IMHO the best upgrade to take with the new TIE advance title would be Accuracy corrector. Always being able to do 2 damage allows for you to strip tokens off of turtled ships pretty well. Plus you would never have to worry about dice wiffing.

ATC will be superior to AC for any ship with the PS to pull it off reliably. And I say this as someone who's already bought two extra Advanced so I can run an AC Tempest swarm. ATC turns the Advanced from a 2-attack-dice ship to STRICTLY BETTER THAN A 3-ATTACK-DICE SHIP ZOMG when you can get it working. It's just brutal. It's doubly brutal in the two-ship meta where you can slap your TL down at Range 3 and just wail away.

The Achilles heel of AC Advanced can be summed up in one word - brobots. The gunner ability and omnipresent cannons robs them of a lot of their defensive resistance, and it'll be difficult to punch through the Aggressor's mass of green dice and defensive tokens with a capped two damage. It's just a tough matchup for them. So I think ideally they want to fly with something that the brobots need to be wary of, which is why the list I'm most excited to play is the Highway To Fel:

Soontir + PTL, RGT, Stealth, AT (35 pts)

3x Tempest Squadron + TIE-X1, AC (63 pts)

Well as a dirty casual I've been trying out the new advanced and its strong, Vader with ATC and predator will tear most things apart easily, teamed with ATC ped maarek who can now reliably use his ability you can cripple a ship with crits.

I've used VI vessery as the third ship and he can reliably put down three hits most turns thanks to tl+focus.

If you take this set up Vader and vessery clear shields and stele lands crits killing fighters in one round and easily stripping big ships of most of their hit points.

As with all squads in X-Wing, the question is "against what?"

Fat Turret, the AC Cluster Missile TIE advanced does a minimum of 16 damage and a maximum of 24. That's got a good shot of killing a Fat Falcon in one round, and if it doesn't it's easy prey for the Accuracy Corrector shots that follow up.

Against the likes of Fel and Corran, Darth Vader (especially VI Darth Vader, although I suspect Predator will be the upgrade of choice) has the edge, as does VI Eclipse.

Colzet, Sturm and Alozen and Eclipse also have their places.

Colzet's the Imperial Tarn, he's excellent filler.

Alozen is a significantly cheaper (when you consider upgrades), lower PS Vader in terms of offensive power. I doubt he'll dance but he's probably the best non-Vader TIE advanced when it comes to ATCing the right ship at the right time and having the focus to boot.

Unless paired with Carnor, Sturm I suspect we'll see more once Talonbane is a thing, although already he shuts down A-wings and kinda shuts down TIE swarms like nobody's business.

The only pilot I doubt's really useable is Storm Squadron, because Colzet's just plain better for the points, much like Red Squadron and Tarn.

Vader with ATC, EU, and probably predator will be pretty common.

Tempest Squadron with AC will see play. 4 Tempest with AC plus Dark Curse is a very efficient jousting list on par with BBBBZ. 4 Tempest with AC and Clusters is pretty fearsome too, probably more so than taking DC, as you can flat out kill a decimator that isn't kenkirk with an alpha strike and do quite a lot of damage to a 1300.

I can see Maarek in some lists as well as Juno. But mostly I'd expect ATC Vader and AC Tempests.

I think the Advanced still has a maneauver dial problem. So i would see Juno definitly on top with or even above vader. Vader has a problem if he ever has to use a k-turn. However as he has no hard 1 turn it will happen if you want to keep shooting.

I think the Advanced still has a maneauver dial problem. So i would see Juno definitly on top with or even above vader. Vader has a problem if he ever has to use a k-turn. However as he has no hard 1 turn it will happen if you want to keep shooting.

This is why Darth Vader always comes with Engine Upgrade.

This is why Darth Vader always comes with Engine Upgrade.

username checks out.

ATC will be superior to AC for any ship with the PS to pull it off reliably. And I say this as someone who's already bought two extra Advanced so I can run an AC Tempest swarm. ATC turns the Advanced from a 2-attack-dice ship to STRICTLY BETTER THAN A 3-ATTACK-DICE SHIP ZOMG when you can get it working. It's just brutal. It's doubly brutal in the two-ship meta where you can slap your TL down at Range 3 and just wail away.

I kind of disagree. While this will be true with Vader, not so much with the other Advanced pilots. You have to remember that you have to get a TL on a ship first. If you're TLing a ship, you aren't focusing or evading. You'll have no way to modify the other two dice you're throwing unless you have predator. If you already have a TL on a ship, yes, you can put out some decent damage. But whenever you have to switch targets, you're going to take a massive hit to your damage output and your survivability.

A 2 attack ship will always have good damage output whether they have to switch targets or not.

An AC ship may not have as good spike damage as an ATC ship, but it is a hell of a lot more reliable and a hell of a lot more survivable. It won't be as good against agi 3+ ships, but it'll be a reliable little ship.

I still really like:

Colonel Vessery (35)
Lone Wolf (2)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Proton Rockets (3)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)

Tempest Squadron Pilot (21)
Cluster Missiles (4)
Accuracy Corrector (0)
TIE/x1 (0)

Tempest Squadron Pilot (21)
Cluster Missiles (4)
Accuracy Corrector (0)
TIE/x1 (0)

Total: 100

I kind of disagree. While this will be true with Vader, not so much with the other Advanced pilots. You have to remember that you have to get a TL on a ship first. If you're TLing a ship, you aren't focusing or evading. You'll have no way to modify the other two dice you're throwing unless you have predator. If you already have a TL on a ship, yes, you can put out some decent damage. But whenever you have to switch targets, you're going to take a massive hit to your damage output and your survivability.

A 2 attack ship will always have good damage output whether they have to switch targets or not.

An AC ship may not have as good spike damage as an ATC ship, but it is a hell of a lot more reliable and a hell of a lot more survivable. It won't be as good against agi 3+ ships, but it'll be a reliable little ship.

I get what you're saying, but generally speaking I don't think you can get away with paying upper-tier Advanced Ace prices for anything that caps out at 2 damage a round. Particularly in the current meta where ships having 2 damage mitigation a round isn't that uncommon so you either need to hit hard or have a bunch of guns in order to have an impact.

Omicron Group Pilot (21)
Emperor Palpatine (8)

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Darth Vader (29)
Lone Wolf (2)
Advanced Targeting Computer (1)
Engine Upgrade (4)
TIE/x1 (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Fly this the other day at casual night, worked well

I just can't figure out how to run Juno.

Any thoughts? I want to give her MkII and predator, but I'm not sure if ATC or AC is the better system for her. 

predator + AC seems like a huge waste

my initial thoughts are ptl + atc +mkii, use ptl sparingly