Sign in to follow this  
McFoy

Leebo + determination

I know this particular combo allows him to negate attacks if both cards end of being pilot cards however I have a slightly different instance. Let's assume I deal 3 damage to leebo via brath and a hlc. If I use brath's ability to flip over those damage and all of the crit cards were pilot cards would he effectively heal those 3 damage as he discards them?

I know this particular combo allows him to negate attacks if both cards end of being pilot cards however I have a slightly different instance. Let's assume I deal 3 damage to leebo via brath and a hlc. If I use brath's ability to flip over those damage and all of the crit cards were pilot cards would he effectively heal those 3 damage as he discards them?

No

Determination determination triggers when you are dealt a face up damage card with the pilot trait.

Rexler triggers after the cards have been dealt

Determination:

"When you are dealt a faceup Damage card with the Pilot trait, discard it immediately without resolving its effect."

http://home.comcast.net/~jason.fuller/images/determination.png

Rexler Brath:

"After you perform an attack that deals at least 1 Damage card to the defender, you may spend a focus token to flip those cards faceup."

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/media/ffg_content/x-wing/news/wave4/rexler-brath.png

Edited by Funkleton

No

Determination determination triggers when you are dealt a face up damage card with the pilot trait.

Rexler triggers after the cards have been dealt

Rexler, R2-Dcrew, and Saboteur are currently in a league of their own: the only folks who can pull a Crit on Chewbacca.

They also work against the Leebomination.

So then Leebo wouldn't trigger either then right?

Correct.

Leebo does not trigger if the damage card is dealt face-down.

Edit - slight correction to your original post.

Leebo+determination does not require both damage cards to have the pilot trait - only one.

Leebo triggers when he is dealt a face-up damage card

You draw 2 and choose 1 to resolve - and discard the other.

If the 1 you choose to resolve has the pilot trait, you may trigger Determination to discard that one too.

The trait on the first card you discard is unimportant to triggering Determination.

Edited by Funkleton