+ Stealth Device (3)

Academy Pilot, Tie Fighter (12)

+Stealth Device (3)

Academy Pilot, Tie Fighter (12) x2

Black Squadron, Tie Fighter (14) x2

+ Swarm Tactics (2) x2

+ Stealth Device (3) x2

Total: 100 Points...

I've used this a few times against my mates and some club members, X-Wing is pretty new to us but this has been pretty formidable and tanky considering there little tie fighters...

4 Evade dice for most of them, 5 at range 3 is quite good and they mostly shoot first thanks to Swarm Tactics :D

I know it's got weaknesses but I've not seen this combo used on battle reports ive seen etc so was wondering how good you guys think this is for casual play?

I don't think there's such a thing as 'bad for casual play'.  If its working for you and your having fun, then great!

I could actually see this being somewhat competitive.  Keeping "Howlrunner" alive is, with almost any TIE swarm, absolutely key and if she dies early then the squad as a whole might be in trouble.  Dual IG-88s with B in the mix could be troublesome in that regard, as they can both throw double-tap HLCs her way and should break through her four dice and murder her.  BUT, if you can keep her alive long enough for the swarm to deal out some damage, a lot of squads might find themselves struggling to find enough hits to break through all the Stealth Devices.  

For casual play, your friends should have a pretty fun challenge overcoming it.

i usually dont run a lot of stealth device because of the dreaded green dice. However if that s the way you want do go then iagree with comerad that Howl MUST stay alive as long as possible. I see your thinking with bouncing around the PS 8. However, i think id go:

Howl+PTL+stealth

Black+DTF

5X academy

=99

OR

Howl +PTL+Stealth

2X Black DTF

3X academy + Stealth

=99

howl gets to focus and evade with the stealth extra die is nice for survivability. if a crit goes through, defer it to a black

If you're running PtL on Howl, you almost have to bring along a Black with Wingman, so she can turtle every turn and keep her dial open. It also makes it harder for your opponent to figure out which ship to target.