Sign in to follow this  
doctormungmung

FFG at Comicon

Marvel will now only be making movies. You can catch them at Sundance.

And remaking...and remaking....

And remaking....

And remaking...

And remaking...

And remaking....

And remaking...

And remaking...

I mean, you can say a lot about Marvel's movie strategy, but i dunno if "remaking" is a claim i could even agree to disagree on

And remaking....

And remaking...

And remaking...

I mean, you can say a lot about Marvel's movie strategy, but i dunno if "remaking" is a claim i could even agree to disagree on

You are kidding, right?  Spider Man, Fantastic Four, and the Hulk were remade within, what, six years of the original attempt?  And I would wager that they won't be alone in that regard. 

If successful, flood the market!  If not so much, remake it!

Not that DC is any better with superman...

And remaking....

And remaking...

And remaking...

You are kidding, right?  Spider Man, Fantastic Four, and the Hulk were remade within, what, six years of the original attempt?  And I would wager that they won't be alone in that regard. 

Dont talk about what you dont know...

Spider Man license is owned by Sony and FF by Fox. Its a long story back from the time Marvel was sinking and later bought by Disney. The remakes made with these have to do with the license agreement that if they dont do a movie in a certain timespan the rights revert to Marvel.

Hulk was the only one remade because the Ang Lee movie didnt fit with Marvel/Disney vision at the time - and strayed from the source material. Eric Bana refused to get in the sequel and they casted Edward Norton (turning into a remake) which funnily enough also didnt want to be Hulk in Avengers.

To enlight your idea about this subject you can read http://screenrant.com/marvel-comics-movies-characters-carl-6766/

Its a bit outdated but google fu should give you more about this.

Edited by Kentares

And remaking....

And remaking...

And remaking...

Dont talk about what you dont know...

Spider Man license is owned by Sony and FF by Fox. Its a long story back from the time Marvel was sinking and later bought by Disney. The remakes made with these have to do with the license agreement that if they dont do a movie in a certain timespan the rights revert to Marvel.

Hulk was the only one remade because the Ang Lee movie didnt fit with Marvel/Disney vision at the time - and strayed from the source material. Eric Bana refused to get in the sequel and they casted Edward Norton (turning into a remake) which funnily enough also didnt want to be Hulk in Avengers.

To enlight your idea about this subject you can read http://screenrant.com/marvel-comics-movies-characters-carl-6766/

Its a bit outdated but google fu should give you more about this.

In all fairness, I guess I didn't know enough about it, so my statement will have to be retracted with the exception of the Hulk.  My apologies to anyone I offended, since it looks like I hit a nerve. I was trying to make a little joke, not start a flame war, so if I came off as overly snarky, I apologize.  Lack of vocal inflection and all that on the internets. 

I do have to say, though, that I'm not sure it really makes me any more impressed with Marvel to know they are not directly behind the remakes--they sold out those characters with a clause that essentially begs for massive market flooding and remakes.  In that regard, I would say they still helped create the situation.

I'm also curious what you guys think about Marvel's comic reboot?  Having not read Marvel comics in a good 18 years or so, I am a bit out of the loop there as well.  Admittedly the reboot is not a movie, but it seems like a remake to me, implying along with Hulk that Marvel is open to such things.  

Original Poster, I am sorry for the OT...