Sign in to follow this  
ibsh

ibsh's minis

HKs.

XrqBqn8.jpg

Their eyes were bloody hard work. They're sculpted in, so there's a natural shadow cast inside them. In retrospect I wish I'd filled them with some green stuff and painted them freehand.

I love the grey group, an interesting design choice. Very unique. One small thing that is bugging me is that the eyes on the right group look almost bloody or fleshy. Overall, great job!

I have a feeling you were chased by a series of grey HKs with blue eyes in KOTOR 2: don't think I pulled it out of thin air :)

I think the fleshy eyes thing is just a bad angle. But they're definitely not quite right.

Edited by ibsh

ibsh, what citadel colours did you use for your HKs and Leia?

Sorry, I use Vallejo. I've found their consistency to be a little... inconsistent, and they're not as crazy bright as Citadel, but the dropper bottles are great and they're wildly cheaper.

Sorry, I use Vallejo. I've found their consistency to be a little... inconsistent, and they're not as crazy bright as Citadel, but the dropper bottles are great and they're wildly cheaper.

Did you use the Vallejo game color or model color?

Model.

Model.

Just wondering the game color paints tend to be brighter but I like the more realistic tones of the model colors.

couldn't agree with you more. i prefer dropper bottles too, so much more useful.

would you mind saying which colours you used? i might be able to find a conversion chart somewhere.

would you mind saying which colours you used? i might be able to find a conversion chart somewhere.

I generally mix colours. And this is all only as best I can recall, cos I'm on the train :)

Leia's dressed in white, with a pale grey wash. Jacket is beige brown with a mix of white, with a sepia wash. Boots are sky grey with white, washed in very watered down black I think. Her hair is base brown mixed with orange brown, with an umber wash and orange brown highlights. Her skin is basic flesh with a fair bit of white, plus a tiny bit of red mixed for over the cheekbones. I may have washed in very watery flesh wash. All guns are black with gunmetal dry brush.

Boba's armour is medium green, washed with 3/4 green to 1/4 blue wash (EDIT: I think there might be some military green mixed into the armour). His cloak is medium olive with some beige brown, washed in umber and sepia. His red bits are a mix of red and scarlet. Yellow bits are yellow with a touch of bright orange, washed with very watery red at the edges. Overalls are sky grey with a black wash. The blue bits of his pack you can't see, but they're sky blue (?) mixed with sky grey and black. His belt etc are base brown with a touch of red.

Err, I think that's everything?

Edited by ibsh

Love your stormies, I'm struggling a lot to manage the details especially on the helmet, what kind of brushes are you using? :)

A Kolinsky red sable set I bought on Amazon. A whole set might, in retrospect, have been overkill, cos I basically only use:

3 for priming and varnishing

1 for large areas of colour or shade

00 for almost everything

10/0 for tiny details, like eyes or decals

Plus a sharpened toothpick for pupils :)

Love your stormies, I'm struggling a lot to manage the details especially on the helmet, what kind of brushes are you using? :)

A Kolinsky red sable set I bought on Amazon. A whole set might, in retrospect, have been overkill, cos I basically only use:

3 for priming and varnishing

1 for large areas of colour or shade

00 for almost everything

10/0 for tiny details, like eyes or decals

Plus a sharpened toothpick for pupils :)

Hmm, thanks, never thought of the pupils.  :)

Nice mod on the tank.  You are right, it makes it look much less goofy. I may make that conversion also.

In retrospect I wish I'd modded the AT-ST turret before I attached it; got rid of the third barrel so that the whole thing could sit closer to the tank's body. Just looks like ROB the robot to me now :) something to consider.

Nice mod on the tank.  You are right, it makes it look much less goofy. I may make that conversion also.

In retrospect I wish I'd modded the AT-ST turret before I attached it; got rid of the third barrel so that the whole thing could sit closer to the tank's body. Just looks like ROB the robot to me now :) something to consider.

Looks good to me!

If I knew I was never gonna have to paint another Stormtrooper ever again, I'd be a happy man. Here to join their friends on page 1 are Kayn and his buddies:

9Qzhb5c.jpg

So what do you say FFG? No scout troopers in the Endor box? As a personal favour?

EDIT: ugh what a horrible photo, no idea where my phone focussed.

Edited by ibsh