Sign in to follow this  
MyronMagic

Wave 2 at the Printer!

The problem is that some people seem to feel empty unless they can find something to take offence at. You could probably call an ewok "cuddly" and these SJWs would have their hissy fit.

Now can we get back to the more important issue of getting our grubby little hands on wave 2?

The problem is that some people seem to feel empty unless they can find something to take offence at. You could probably call an ewok "cuddly" and these SJWs would have their hissy fit.

Now can we get back to the more important issue of getting our grubby little hands on wave 2?

I guess calling Jabba a fatass slug could offend overweight people too ahaha. I am wating for space shrimps to be paired with corvettes and Ackbar's cucumber to go togeatehr with my whales. September release date might be realistic, at least i hope so.

Yaaaaaay! Now to let the wallet know its going to be raped again soon....

Please don't throw that phrase around without good cause.

This is good cause....

And stow your political correctness. It's a word.

No, it's deeply unpleasant and genuinely bothers a lot of us.

Why should anyone care what bothers you? Your avatar is scary and it bothers me, would you pelase change it?

If I thought that it genuinely bothered people, I would. That obviously isn't really the case though. As to why anyone should care what others think, it makes for a less hostile and more welcoming community. **** is a deeply traumatic thing that affects a lot of people's lives and certainly has affected the lives of people close to many of us here. Casually using the term to describe buying miniatures upsets many people. You're not obliged to care whether you're offending people, but you either aren't aware that you're doing so in which case there's nothing wrong with people informing you of that, or, as is obviously the case here, you're happy to trivialize traumatic events in other people's lives. I know for a fact that at least one person avoids some the miniatures forums because they find it generally hostile to women. I care about that.

Edited by knasserII

Before having a discussion about the political correctness of a word you should look up the definition of a word.

The definition of the word ****

noun

1. unlawful sexual intercourse or any other sexual penetration of the ******, anus, or mouth of another person, with or without force, by a sex organ, other body part, or foreign object, without the consent of the vitim

2. Statutory ****

3. An act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse; depoliation; violation:

"the **** of the countryside"

4. Archaic. The act of seizing and carrying off by force.

*Edited since posted text was illegible

And of these meanings, one is in common use today. You are not genuinely under the impression that this isn't the case and know perfectly well how the word is both meant and taken. You are not so stupid that you actually think the poster happens to be using an archaic form of the word without consideration of its modern meaning. You're just engaging in sophistry.

Edited by knasserII

And of these meanings, one is in common use today. You are not genuinely under the impression that this isn't the case and know perfectly well how the word is both meant and taken. You are not so stupid that you actually think the poster happens to be using an archaic form of the word without consideration of its modern meaning. You're just engaging in sophistry.

Please do not call people stupid. I know many stupid people and you using that term so casually offends me.

Please do not call people stupid. I know many stupid people and you using that term so casually offends me.

You need to brush up on your reading comprehension. I didn't call the poster stupid, I said that they weren't so stupid. I suppose you could claim you are offended by references to non-stupid people, but I can't see how that would affect you.

You need to brush up on your reading comprehension. I didn't call the poster stupid, I said that they weren't so stupid. I suppose you could claim you are offended by references to non-stupid people, but I can't see how that would affect you.

Seems like you don't understand your own logic

Edited by Microscop

Seems like you don't understand your own logic

Poster asked me not to call people stupid. I pointed out that I hadn't. Seems a fairly straight-forward chain of logic to me. In any case, the person I'm replying to doesn't actually mean what they say. I do. **** is a very serious issue and trivializing it normalizes it. That's very upsetting to people for very sincere and genuine reasons and it demonstrably creates a hostile environment in this community which does discourage some people from coming here. These are both very good reasons to ask people not to use the term in that way. Facetious comments about offending stupid people, not so much.

Don't take everything in the world in your own context. I enjoy reading about historical events (including one's written very recently) and **** can be used as a term for destruction, abuse and plunder of a land, rights or many other things. The word is used to describe to what extreme extent these things are happening. Because this definition of the word doesn't fit your own singular definition doesn't make it archaic or me stupid for viewing it in that manner.

Yaaaaaay! Now to let the wallet know its going to be raped again soon....

Please don't throw that phrase around without good cause.
This is good cause....And stow your political correctness. It's a word.
No, it's deeply unpleasant and genuinely bothers a lot of us.

This I have no doubt. There is no shortage of offended people....

Lol at the printer should be changed to Psych 101...Back to topic...Looking at dumping monster collection of X-wings to make room for The game that should nott be named Wave 2...This is gonna be Epic...Tempory storage solution...

http://go.pods.com/mobilesem/?eadid=phone::8553887637&gclid=Cj0KEQjw_YKtBRC7zZjFp8bF_foBEiQAfyigc_LjvaeBTTYfKYHkUkXF1S4SNU3WwGoYFGz87zKdVPMaAj5Y8P8HAQ

Lol at the printer should be changed to Psych 101...Back to topic...Looking at dumping monster collection of X-wings to make room for The game that should nott be named Wave 2...This is gonna be Epic...Tempory storage solution...

http://go.pods.com/mobilesem/?eadid=phone::8553887637&gclid=Cj0KEQjw_YKtBRC7zZjFp8bF_foBEiQAfyigc_LjvaeBTTYfKYHkUkXF1S4SNU3WwGoYFGz87zKdVPMaAj5Y8P8HAQ

Lol, great temp storage solution!

Before having a discussion about the political correctness of a word you should look up the definition of a word.

The definition of the word ****

noun

1. unlawful sexual intercourse or any other sexual penetration of the ******, anus, or mouth of another person, with or without force, by a sex organ, other body part, or foreign object, without the consent of the vitim

2. Statutory ****

3. An act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse; depoliation; violation:

"the **** of the countryside"

4. Archaic. The act of seizing and carrying off by force.

*Edited since posted text was illegible

Too be fair both 3 and 4 are in common use today, at least where I come from.

Hello Armada forum community-

This thread has been locked because it has gone vastly off-topic with a surplus of offensiveness and inappropriate posts. Please be aware that casual use of the word "****" is inappropriate for these forums and will not be accepted. Feel free to continue beneficial conversation in other threads.

Thanks, and keep playing,

FFG Forum Moderator