Sign in to follow this  
MyronMagic

Wave 2 at the Printer!

i was inspired by the fact that each of them could be flown by the famous pilot, or as a no name pilot. 

Until recently I thought all of the wave 2 squadrons were unique, meaning we'd only need 1 pack. But no, FFG is clever and also made them generics, meaning the crazed builder in me will eventually wany to field 5+ YT-1300s, or 5+ Firespray-31. And I just completed painting my Wave 1 squadrons!! ;)

It has been established for the LCGs, that the status of a product, is not the real stat us of the products. There are LCG products right now that are listed as On the Boat, At the Printer, or even In Development; that FFG has admitted were actually developed, printed, and boated over with products that have been release months ago.

Now whether that holds true for other product lines is unknown, but it certainly does cast doubt on the authenticity of the various status they list products at.

FFG should be releasing a pre-Gencon FAQ and Tournament Rules update. If there is a chance that Wave 2 will be at Gencon then the Armada event rules update will include a provision stating that though Wave 2 may be available for purchase at Gencon it isn't legal for event play.

Without that update to the event rules I would say there is 0 chance of a Gencon release for any part of Wave 2.

It has been established for the LCGs, that the status of a product, is not the real stat us of the products.

That may be, but since Wave 1 of X-Wing, I have yet to see anything that has come out in less then 3+ months after it was marked as 'At the Printer'.

What they can do with LCG's doesn't really matter since they can print cards so much faster then they can plastic models.

Again I want wave 2 ASAP, but there's been nothing that even hints that Wave 2 will be out before Sept-Oct. If someone has something that does hint at that then I missed it.

Again, I am just highlighting that product Satu is not necessarily indicative of the products status.

IA was released at Essen (German Gencon) in mid October despite being either still At the Printer or just moved to On the Boat and then otherwise not released for another 2 months. Despite Worlds occuring a month later. So it's hard to sort out FFGs release and pre-release plans.

As I stated in the above post, the real indicator will be if there is an update to the event rules noting that Wave 2 will not be legal if released, as at least in that area FFG is consistent across products. Without it I'd say you have a solid nail in the coffin for a Gencon pre-release

Edited by ScottieATF

IA was released at Essen (German Gencon) in mid October despite being either still At the Printer or just moved to On the Boat and then otherwise not released for another 2 months.

And we had Wave 5 released last year at Gencon a good 2 months or more before the rest of us got it. So that's not really proof of anything other then FFG will have a quantity of finished product shipped to a major gaming con for sale ahead of when it goes to retail.

Seeing how in X-Wing at least everything is 8-10 weeks from On the Boat to store that timing would mean IA was finished and already getting ready to be shipped, so part of it was diverted.

All I'm saying is that given FFG's track record with X-Wing, I would be surprised to see Wave 2 any sooner then Oct, and maybe not even until Nov. Unless someone has something somewhere that hints at it getting here sooner.

Yaaaaaay! Now to let the wallet know its going to be raped again soon....

Please don't throw that phrase around without good cause.

This is good cause....

And stow your political correctness. It's a word.

I cannot believe you'd be such an staggeringly unsympathetic person to think using the word **** is acceptable when buying toy soldiers, that's disgusting.

DONT R A PE HIS FREEDOM OF SPEACH PLEASE

Freedom of speech doesn't mean you can say whatever the **** you want with no consequences. 

Tetsugaku-San, just report the  offensive post. That's what I did. 

Freedom of speech doesn't mean you can say whatever the **** you want with no consequences. 

Actually, and I say this as someone who studies the First Amendment, the Constitution and the Revolutionary period as a whole, that's exactly what it means. No one has to like it; Im not exactly fond of the word myself. However, freedom of speech means exactly that. Heavily stressing the word freedom. Honestly, with all the things going on in the world today, I just can't understand why anyone would get all that bothered by something said in jest, no matter how poorly, on a message board by someone they don't know personally. People really need to get over being "offended" so easily.

Actually, and I say this as someone who studies the First Amendment, the Constitution and the Revolutionary period as a whole, that's exactly what it means. No one has to like it; Im not exactly fond of the word myself. However, freedom of speech means exactly that. Heavily stressing the word freedom. Honestly, with all the things going on in the world today, I just can't understand why anyone would get all that bothered by something said in jest, no matter how poorly, on a message board by someone they don't know personally. People really need to get over being "offended" so easily.

No, it really doesn't. It means that the government can't prosecute you. This forum is FFG's private property, FoS doesn't apply here because FFG can censor whatever they want. Moreover, FoS has never offered, pretended to offer, or intended to offer any protection against social ramifications.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but are you sure that you've studied it? All of this stuff is pretty basic information about what FoS actually is.

One person can say something and the other person can be offended but why would anyone who has ever been on the internet ever think that asking someone to not say something would end well for anyone? If you are offended by his comment ignore it. If it really bothered you and you can't sleep at night because someone made a joke on the internet feel free to report it and move on.

As it stands this has gotten completely out of hand. Everyone needs to get back to talking about what really matters, plastic spaceships.

I am super excited about wave two. I hope we get some articles about it soon.

No, it really doesn't. It means that the government can't prosecute you. This forum is FFG's private property, FoS doesn't apply here because FFG can censor whatever they want. Moreover, FoS has never offered, pretended to offer, or intended to offer any protection against social ramifications.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but are you sure that you've studied it? All of this stuff is pretty basic information about what FoS actually is.

Well according to some feminist "Scholars" freedom of speech ends where their feelings begin.

Guys, I have a question.

A person was offended, and then a bunch of people were offended that they dare be.

So, uh, is the x wing forum or armada forum the place where I can most point out how mad I am at them?

This is important, TIA.

I brought it up before the Kefuffle, we should be seeing updated documents for Tournament Play sometime Next Week...  Or at least, within "next week" of the 8th of July.

I hope so. Looking forward to theory crafting what could be done with the new ships. I really want to see if the rebels get a rhymer type squadron that will allow b-wings to shoot at medium range! Imagine the carnage.

Does anyone else get the feeling FFG might have played it smart this time and made the models and the bases of the ships since they announced them? Oh the cards are likely different and all my predictions are likely out the window for the most part but I think FFG may have set this up so all that have to do is print cards. . .

No. Fantasy Flight is awesome at game design and horrible at distribution. Absolutely terrible. They're so bad my FLGS orders through a third party distributor so he doesn't have to deal with them.

This is good cause....

No, it's deeply unpleasant and genuinely bothers a lot of us.

This is good cause....

No, it's deeply unpleasant and genuinely bothers a lot of us.

Why should anyone care what bothers you? Your avatar is scary and it bothers me, would you pelase change it?

Before having a discussion about the political correctness of a word you should look up the definition of a word.

The definition of the word ****

noun

1. unlawful sexual intercourse or any other sexual penetration of the ******, anus, or mouth of another person, with or without force, by a sex organ, other body part, or foreign object, without the consent of the vitim

2. Statutory ****

3. An act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse; depoliation; violation:

"the **** of the countryside"

4. Archaic. The act of seizing and carrying off by force.

*Edited since posted text was illegible 

Edited by An Irishman