Sign in to follow this  
Drathen

Spark of Rebellion Full Release!

Anyway, this is all just pointless arguing, what is done is done and it is their choice what to include, they are not obligated to include anything. To be fair, I'm surprised they included the stats for the characters in the first place due to how much of a contention that is amongst the community. No one, NO ONE will ever agree on the stats for a canon character, because in everyone's mind they have a different idea in how that character should be statted out and represented.

I really hope the team are put off by complaints and are encouraged by the constructive feedback and positive response to produce further fan sourcebooks.

Plus we've seen Ezra TRY to influence someone, I don't recall a time in the series where it actually worked, I may be mis-remembering though

I think he was referring to Ezra and Kanan sensing the beasts and influencing them through the Force. Which might be best suited as a new Force power, or if a PC wanted to emulate it, using the Pathfinder specialization. If we continue to see new force powers in additional F&D career books, we might see a Force Power revolving around influencing beasts.

Also, I think it would be wise to dispense with the tension. I don't want this thread to be locked since it's also a resource for constructive criticism and to discuss how to handle future content.

Oh... what about this gem. "You think THAT is rude? I cannot fathom what goes on in your head that makes you act like such a petulent entitled brat,"

Oh, you mean when I called you out on your behaviour?

Which was indeed akin to a 9 year old not getting his way? But I guess you kinda saw what I meant seeing how you now changed all your posts.

This is an awesome resource, thank you to the entire team for all the hard work.

I've already started using it to model my own inquisitor.

I noticed that the inquisitor has force power move basic and can move silhouette 0. IMO, I think he should have one force power move strength upgrade, because he can move Kanan which would require silhouette 1.

Thoughts?

Thanks for the kind words.

As far as the Inquisitor goes, it's a decent point. One of the challenges with statting out the characters was deciding what were the kinds of things they were regularly able to do and what things seemed a bit out of the ordinary or uncommon. Let's be honest for a moment - the characters on the show are big time heroes and villains and often do some pretty heroic and dramatic things. Does that mean for every action they perform they should have the equivalent skill and stats to allow it? Maybe. But we didn't quite go that far.

So in an attempt to explain away the Inquisitor throwing Kanan without the Force Move upgrade, I'm going to say maybe he rolled a Triumph in that situation. ;) Of course, you can certainly give your own version of the Inquisitor the upgrade. :)

We can debate the character skills and stats for weeks, and it's certainly interesting. But what I'd love to hear now is what people think of the modular encounters? Anybody have a favorite yet? :)

Sounds good to me. Once again, thank you for all the hard work.

Edited by naleax

I thought I'd post a report on what happened in today's session. I made the announcement at the start regarding how this sourcebook is now part of 'my campaign' and so equipment and vehicles from it are available. Let me offer a little context as to the story.

My players are in charge of a small town in wild space (think deadwood, wild west style town). Needing to resupply the town my players made port on The Wheel and eventually (although with much hi-jinx going on) ensured a trade deal with The Wheel providing they transport the occasional..questionable item to a drop off point en-route to their planet.

The Bounty Hunter (who is now the Sheriff of the town) decided he wanted some Mandalorian Armor (yes he is a clone, and yes he is a big mandalorian buff), the party managed to find a dealer but thanks to the threat, he had just sold the armor to a Mandalorian weapons dealer. down in Docking Bay 29. While the group got on with loading their cargo, the Bounty Hunter stealthed into Bay 29 and held the mando at knifepoint, although it ended in a standoff when the despair he rolled also meant that the mando had lowered his ships anti-personnel blaster and it was pointed at him. After a tense negotiation the Bounty Hunter managed to get the armor for 9000 credits (I tend to increase the cost of restricted items..because black market).

After bringing his armor back to the ship they received delivery of their mysterious cargo. The smuggler attempts to get in but realizing he would just fail and damage the crate decides to just put it with their other cargo, piling some on top of it so it looks inconspicuous...only for the Entrepreneur to ask him to uncover them so they can inspect the cargo with the access code he has. Agreeing that it was probably best to check it out in case they were inspected they opened the crate to find 10 T7 Ion Disruptors staring back at them. Succeeding on their rolls, the Corellian Smuggler-Pilot turns to the Toydarian Colonist-Entrepreneur and just says "Really?....REALLY!? 'A few small items you said'...these things are so hot they're burning a criffing hole in the ship!" to which the Toydarian says "Put some more crates on top of it I think."

My plan for next week is to run the "Are you afraid of the Dark" modular encounter as their drop off point. Really glad I got this sourcebook.

Ebak that is fantastic, and the ultimate result of what we wanted to achieve! Thank you!

The only thing I'd add is to keep an eye on the updates. Some things, especially in the equipment section, are receiving tweaks.

Saying that if you're happy with it as is, more power to you! :)

Thanks for sharing the story, Ebak! Let us know how the modular encounter goes. I suspect how it plays out will depend largely on whether or not they recognize the scene (and creatures) from the show.

Hey all. Thanks for the continued support! We are putting some finishing touches on what we hope to be the "final" version of this book. It will include several changes based on feedback here, including some minor corrections of mistakes, tweaking the skills of the Rebels crew NPCs, and improvements to the appearance of the stat block graphics.

If you have any last minute issues you would like to have considered or have found any mistakes or errors, please let us know. And this isn't an invitation to reopen the sometimes heated debate over npc stats. ;p We have made some adjustments that you will see soon, and we think they are an improvement.

And since I like throwing out teasers, the team has more than doubled in size since the release of this and we have not one but two projects in development in parallel right now. ;)

Edited by Jaspor