Sign in to follow this  
Zuloth

NDS Fantasy

Interesting stuff. I've often thought if I was going to run a Conan campaign thus us the system I'd use for it

There an Edge of the Hyperborian Age (or something like that) mod somewhere on these forums also.

The files on the Cleric and Druid has been updated while the file The Hired Sword has been added. The Guardian has his Shield Bash talent changed, while the Blademaster has had some talents relocated and the new Signiture Weapon talent added.

The Swashbuckler Specialization has been added, the Rogue file has been updated accordingly. A small addition has been added to the Channel Energy sektion of the Magic chapter.

The Bard Spell Tree has been added, this is only an overwiev of the spells effects not the specific rules for the spells, they will follow in a seperate document. I have added a Magic Rating +1 talent to the Bards talent tree, he was the only spellcaster without, an oversight from my side. As a consequence his Dodge Talent has been removed and some other talents relocated.

Loving the stuff! I think I might run this in the future.

Just a quick question, how do you intend for the Channeling Energy to come into the spellcasting process? In particular when you roll it and spend [LIGHT] or [DARK] pips, what do you spend them on? Do they aid in the spellcasting check, or do you require a certain number to make the check?

All spells need at least one [LIGHT] or [DARK] pip to be cast successfully, but take a look at the Metamagic Talent Tree and you will se how additional light or dark pips can be spent. Hope this answers your question :-)

Loving the stuff! I think I might run this in the future.
Just a quick question, how do you intend for the Channeling Energy to come into the spellcasting process? In particular when you roll it and spend [LIGHT] or [DARK] pips, what do you spend them on? Do they aid in the spellcasting check, or do you require a certain number to make the check?

I have just added a file on Mobility, an optional rule. Some will find it useful others will not.

I have run the Escape from Mos Shuuta beginner game for two groups of players, one was my usual group, the other a group of more casual roleplayers. The players from one off the groups were very uncomfortable with the very loose range bands, and so I came up with the following rules for using squares. These players are more tactical gamers used to online RPG's and they loved the very tactical aspect of D&D 4th. The other group had no problem with the range band rules, and in the long run got bored withy D&D 4th because of all the tactical MMO aspects.

This probably needs some more work and I will have to consider how this will impact the rules for spell casting, but for now these optional rules are up, please comment :-)

I like the Mobility rules, I may adopt them.  I don't need grids and don't really like the tactical elements of other games (IOW, I'm fine with FFG's approach), but sometimes I feel like they threw out a baby with the bathwater.  Case in point:  animals are almost always faster than PCs, but in order to represent that with the basic rules they would all need Athletics scores at a maximum.  Having a speed (or mobility) is useful.

For armour/Brawn issues, why not just expand on the Cumbersome rules to include a Mobility penalty?

Yes instead of making new rules, expanding on the Cumbersome quality makes sense.

Your point about animals made me cosidder giving four legged creatures  a bonus +1 mobility, this I can use for the Pet rules. 

My next update will reflect these changes :-)

I like the Mobility rules, I may adopt them.  I don't need grids and don't really like the tactical elements of other games (IOW, I'm fine with FFG's approach), but sometimes I feel like they threw out a baby with the bathwater.  Case in point:  animals are almost always faster than PCs, but in order to represent that with the basic rules they would all need Athletics scores at a maximum.  Having a speed (or mobility) is useful.

For armour/Brawn issues, why not just expand on the Cumbersome rules to include a Mobility penalty?

Edited by Zuloth

So, I had a question. How easy/hard would it to be to use your classes and use the Force from EotE's system without using the new spell system you are coming up with. I assume the Wizard would have to be completely rehashed.

It would take some work I think, yes. If you plan to use the Wizard, Cleric, Druid, Paladin, Ranger and Bard, they all use my magic system. In particular the Wizard, Druid and Cleric have many talens created by me to interact with my magic system.

If you only plan to use the wizard as the only spellcasting class, then take a look at some of the specializations in Force & Destiny and replace the wizard specializations with them, or a slightly reworked version :-)

So, I had a question. How easy/hard would it to be to use your classes and use the Force from EotE's system without using the new spell system you are coming up with. I assume the Wizard would have to be completely rehashed.