Sign in to follow this  
TheMoonLord

Adv. Homing Missiles and Rhymer

There are still too many unanwered questions about AHM to tell you

- Will it require to spend the target lock to fire (like Assault Missiles) or not (like Homing Missiles)?

- Does it have any other special traits? (like Concussion Missiles)

- Is that really a 3 on the bottom of the card for the points cost?

And of course there is always the lingering question how to make Rhymer's action economy work (PTL & Mk II? Jonus? Squad leader on a PS7+? Wingman BSP? Lambda?)

Edited by 0rph3u5

Until we know exactly how AHMs work, it's really hard to say.

With that said, it's the first munition that he extends in more than one direction.  That alone warrants him taking a look at it.

With that said, I think EMs will make APTs and Cluster Missiles work just fine for him.  Guess regular Protons or Concussions could work, giving him 4 red dice at all ranges like a HLC Firespray.  With that said, firing long range Clusters and APTs seems much sexier.

Super hard squinting informs me that the TL will be kept to be used to modify the attack roll. Top line appears to read "Discard this card..." similar Homing Missiles and Ion Pulse.

Edited by LucCros

Well it hasn't been spoiled yet. This much we do know from production shots.

• It is range 2
  • It is firepower 3
  • It is a 3 cost upgrade
  • It requires a Target Lock to make the attack

Based on the title we can reasonably assume with a certain amount of confidence.

• It is a missile upgrade

Not so much confidence but it can be speculated on the title homing missiles

• It will not require you to spend the target lock for the attack.
  • It cannot be canceled by evade tokens.

Other than that we absolutely know nothing more and the rest is a wild guess.

And of course there is always the lingering question how to make Rhymer's action economy work (PTL & Mk II? Jonus? Squad leader on a PS7+? Wingman BSP? Lambda?)

You need Squad Leader on a PS8 or high for Rhymer to benefit. They really should have reversed the abilities for Rhymer and Jonus and let the rerolls effect the ship giving the buff. That would have made it easier to stomach the costs. 

Edited by WWHSD

Well it hasn't been spoiled yet. This much we do know from production shots.

• It is range 2
  • It is firepower 3
  • It is a 3 cost upgrade
  • It requires a Target Lock to make the attack

Based on the title we can reasonably assume with a certain amount of confidence.

• It is a missile upgrade

Not so much confidence but it can be speculated on the title homing missiles

• It will not require you to spend the target lock for the attack.
  • It cannot be canceled by evade tokens.

Other than that we absolutely know nothing more and the rest is a wild guess.

My wild speculation is that it will prohibit green dice from being modified and evades from being spent.

Edited by WWHSD

Advanced Homing Missiles are really going to have to be almost broken on Rhymer to make it worth taking him.

I honestly think they might be. Range 2 only is pretty aweful. It has to do something great to justify itself, even for only 3 points. Rhymer's ability almost quadruples the effective area.

Here is a spoiler on the card text:

"If you are hit by this missile and the attacker was Major Rhymer you are destroyed and removed from board, your family is destroyed and removed from board, your friends are destroyed and frmoved from board and you will auto-lose the next 10 matches."

"If you are hit by this missile and the attacker was Major Rhymer you are destroyed and removed from board, your family is destroyed and removed from board, your friends are destroyed and frmoved from board and you will auto-lose the next 10 matches."

I think you need a little help. Here are some tips.

I think you need a little help. Here are some tips.

Starkiller likes link

Starkiller watch it ... aaah ... maybe later.

Edited by TheRealStarkiller

I really think it will not allow green dice to avoid.  That's my guess.

With that in mind, Rhymer can take PTL and keep the TL.  So, that means it's 3 dice and he can TL and Focus.  Can't avoid the damage.  Sounds worth it to me! 

Rhymer will still be pricey.

Rhymer + PTL + EM + Adv. Homing + MKII = 35 points. That's for two shots of AHM, but for just 3 points more you can get two more shots. I doubt you can get four of them off though.

It is pricey, but if you can take out ships like Soontir Fel or Phantoms, it's worth it.  It's also good vs. Falcon w/ C-3PO.  Or...IG-88 w/ Autothrusters.  Or any Interceptor.  Or an A-wing.  Actually, the only thing it isn't good against is low agility ships. 

I think if you have a decent list set up you can not have Maj. Rhymer be the main target and do well. 

I really think it will not allow green dice to avoid.  That's my guess.

There's no need for guesses on that. The AHM does something on hit and then it cancels dice results. That's 100% sure.

The phrase, "If this attack hits, deal 1 faceup? / facedown? damage card to the defender" seemed to match the Word count and Word lenght (in spanish), but the text was too blurry to confirm. So that's truly the only unknown thing about AHM. What exactly happens when it hits.

The rest of the card is pretty much known by this point. 3 points, 3 dice, range 2, You need to have a TL to fire, but you don't need to expend it, and it does something on hit, then it cancels all dice results.

Edited by Jehan Menasis

I think the Advanced Homing Missiles will just allow you to fire 360 degrees.

Why shouldn't "Homing" missiles "Home in" on their targets no matter where they are?  :D

Rhymer will still be pricey.

Rhymer + PTL + EM + Adv. Homing + MKII = 35 points. That's for two shots of AHM, but for just 3 points more you can get two more shots. I doubt you can get four of them off though.

Challenge Accepted.

Why shouldn't "Homing" missiles "Home in" on their targets no matter where they are?  :D

Then...RHYMER BECOMES A FREAKIN TURRET.

For 2-4 shots.. and he pays for it.  Not the worst thing in the world.  I think it opens up a lot of options for the OTHER missile carriers, like headhunters and Awings.

The new missile swarm is: 6x headhunter plus advanced homing... grab TL's on the pass by, then fire with focus at targets behind you turn 2.  brutal. :D

Edited by n3ctaris

For 2-4 shots.. and he pays for it.  Not the worst thing in the world.  I think it opens up a lot of options for the OTHER missile carriers, like headhunters and Awings.

The new missile swarm is: 6x headhunter plus advanced homing... grab TL's on the pass by, then fire with focus at targets behind you turn 2.  brutal. :D

Yes, but that is only at range two, so the opponent would know your strategy and get at you at range 1. plus autothrusters.