Sign in to follow this  
harry_S

Thoughts on Keeping the Peace book announcement

I hope one of the books upcoming has the Miraluka. I don't like the idea of making an unofficial one especially with so much debate comes with the species

minor spoilers from the Force and Destiny Beginner Game followup adventure....

The adventure features a Miraluka guardian from a holocron. That gives me hope that FFG will consider them as playable races.

I personally love that piece of artwork.

We all know what story is being told here. We've seen this image in countless stories going all the way back to Thermopolae. Sure, in the age of Sparta, there were no laser guns, so a narrow passage might actually become strewn with bodies as the hordes continued to advance. Nevertheless, the image of a narrow walkway piled high with bodies really brings the image of a Jedi Guardian to life. One woman holding the line against the relentless hordes of the Empire.

Let's face it: if the art were realistic, it would feature a pile of stormtrooper bodies on one side of the bridge, and a Jedi on the other side of the bridge. And that image just wouldn't tell the story with the same poetic force. The cool thing about art is that you don't have to be strictly realistic. You can take a little poetic license if it helps you tell a better story.

Besides, in "reality," you don't bring a knife (even a laser knife!) to a gun fight.

Initial thoughts? This looks Badassed:

swf24_12298_laststand_cristibalanescu_bi

This picture confuses me. The bodies are all stretching away from the Jedi. So what has actually happened here? Does his lightsabre extend and let him take down an entire bridge-length of stormtroopers? Has he slowly retreated along the length of the bridge with new stormtroopers hopping over the bodies of their predecessors? Has he got a really effective Move power and has just blown over all the stormtrooopers on the bridge in front of him at once? If he's not retreating, then come the stormtroopers so far away from him are dead? If he is retreating then why is each successive storm trooper climbing over the dead bodies of his predecessors to get close to him when they're armed with blaster rifles and he's armed with a close combat weapon?

This picture makes no sense to me!

Thermal Detonator. Never leave home without one!

Speaking of, I'm really hoping the san-ni staff weapon has made it into this book...

Star%20Wars%20-%20D6%20-%20Weapons%20Sta

I'm going to assume that the glowing bits are a magnetic field and not something that would take his limbs and a chuck of his torso off after a demonstration.

Please tell me saber-chucks are not a thing.

Well Jon D, on the upside, they are Legends material...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/San-Ni_staff

They're not quite the same as 'saber-chucks (yo!) but close enough for government work.

Although as an amusing side note, one of their more prominent users was a Human Jedi Master by the name of Walden Bridger.  Make of that what you will... ;)

They're not quite the same as 'saber-chucks (yo!) but close enough for government work.

Although as an amusing side note, one of their more prominent users was a Human Jedi Master by the name of Walden Bridger.  Make of that what you will... ;)

I'm forced to admit I don't get the Bridger reference.

However, that weapon ranks up with some of the stupidest things I've seen come out of Star Wars, which includes things like the Darksaber, the ice cream cone of doom and Darth Saber Knees.

I'm forced to admit I don't get the Bridger reference.

However, that weapon ranks up with some of the stupidest things I've seen come out of Star Wars, which includes things like the Darksaber, the ice cream cone of doom and Darth Saber Knees.

Ezra Bridger is one of the main characters in Rebels.

Whatever happened to those stormtroopers on the bridge, it probably didn't involve being hit by the lightsaber since none of them appear to be dismembered.

He crushed every one of them with Bind.

Not all Force-users pursued by the Empire are good guys.

Whatever happened to those stormtroopers on the bridge, it probably didn't involve being hit by the lightsaber since none of them appear to be dismembered.

He crushed every one of them with Bind.

Not all Force-users pursued by the Empire are good guys.

But...but...blue lightsaber...?

His whole world started falling apart at the seams once he was introduced to the notion that a blue lightsaber didn't necessarily mean "good guy."

He later went on to author a self-help book and a series of unpopular novels.

LoL Does your lightsaber's blade change colors if you fall to the dark side?

I believe traditionally some rationale is found, often off-screen, in order to replace or repair it to a different colour. There is a lot of symbolism around the lightsabres in TCW / Rebels and the movies.

Speaking of, I'm really hoping the san-ni staff weapon has made it into this book...

Star%20Wars%20-%20D6%20-%20Weapons%20Sta

I'm going to assume that the glowing bits are a magnetic field and not something that would take his limbs and a chuck of his torso off after a demonstration.

Please tell me saber-chucks are not a thing.

I think it's pretty clear that that's not lightsaber glowy stuff- the most it would do is make Jar Jar Bink's tounge numb like the podracers electrobinders.

(Arise once more my necrothread minion!)

Whiphids, new jedi armor, a full spec based on crafting armor, a new Force power?

This first FaD career book is a blessing!

Q3-Q4 2015, with Strongholds of Resistance (i.e. VENATOR BASE!!!1one) and an Adventure book for FaD is almost too good to be true!

/hides

Wish all of the career books were available at once, but you were only allowed to get one every several months so that I could get the career I want first.  I gotta sit back while Protectors get their book when all I want for Xmas is a Sentinel or Warrior book

Edited by Kilcannon