Sign in to follow this  
harry_S

Thoughts on Keeping the Peace book announcement

I am looking forward to this. I run a BH gadgeteer now and he could easily slide into the armorer specialization. I will be picking this up for many reasons.

Edit: added link https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/7/8/keeping-the-peace/ 

Depend how many talents and wich are force related. It can end up a really waste of XP for your Bounty hunter.

Got it had to go to the main news list and click in.

I am looking forward to this. I run a BH gadgeteer now and he could easily slide into the armorer specialization. I will be picking this up for many reasons.

Edit: added link https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/7/8/keeping-the-peace/ 

Depend how many talents and wich are force related. It can end up a really waste of XP for your Bounty hunter.

What are you talking about? He can take that as a new career and it won't hurt him at all.

I'm kinda annoyed that Armorer seems to be better then Artisan by a lot.

Seems exactly like Artisan to me. In order, it's just describing: Imbue Item, Mental Tools, Comprehend Technology, and Intuitive Improvements.

Seems like they just changed the name of Artisan and are either making Artisan significantly different for release or just letting 2 careers have the specialization (which isn't unheard of).

Edited by Lathrop

Armorer is just Jensaari Sentinal, in a more generic form.

Having tried to build a Jensaari with the existing classes,I found Artisan just didnt have much to offer, as there isnt that many useful armor mods OTHER than cortosis (which is beyond knight-level access). I ended up making him Soresu with a Gageteer multiclass for the direct armor buffing talents.

Armorer will be to Artisan what Gageteer is to Outlaw Tech.

Armorer is good, but probably better as an NPC Mentor to the group.  The old guy that can do magic to the ship and keep it flying.  Gives out some toys to play with every now and then and is wise beyond all their years.  It would also explain how he has been able to keep a low profile for so long... 

I know, I know... Force people only use their skills for BATTLE!!!  Except, I don't.  I don't even look at a lot of skills that way.  It is a part of their character, but is not always the end all be all of the character.  Maybe some of that goes back to my Mage days, when you could have vast powers, but if the common people ever found out about you or you showed off, terribad things happened to you!  Good training ground for Jedi mindset of this era...

It really is too soon to start screaming about Artisan vs Armorer. Artisan is very generic with few if any talents that relate directly to armor, I imagine the armorer will work directly with armor and maybe a little with other gadgets. In any case, it might be wise to hold your opinions until release.

No matter what specialization or species you choose, Keeping the Peace offers you two Guardian Signature Abilities and a new Force Power that characters within any Career can acquire. The Suppress Power will particularly interest Guardians because it enables them to shield themselves and others from Force-based attacks, ensuring safety in the presence of sentients wielding the Force on dark side. 

Ohhh....each career splatbook is coming with a Force Power? That certainly tickles my fancy...

This "Suppress" sounds intriguing....I wonder if there will be a Dark Side flip where the FS uses their power to more-or-less dominate enemies.

Edited by ImperialSpy

I'm wondering if there will be an opposing use for it. In another words, will it be more like Influence, Move, or Sense with one application of the ability, or more like Heal/Harm that has 2 distinct applications.

My credits are on the former.