Sign in to follow this  
2P51

New EoE adventure

Interesting.

I'll probably pick this up due to being a completionist, but given that none of my usual play groups have much interest in what one might call a typically "fringe" style campaign, I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of it.

Then again, I'm planning on adapting at least a couple EotE adventures for my upcoming Force and Destiny campaign, so who knows...

Admittedly, I was a bit surprised to see another adventure and not an announcement for more of the career books. It would be nice to have them all out there to give all careers equal footing as far as additional content available relating to them.

I've seen others comment that the signature abilities aren't anything stupendous or game changing but there tends to be some additional species and specializations, and more of either of those are always good. And some seem to offer some additional game systems like Homesteads and base upgrading and expansion methods.

I suspect we might see more on the remaining two career books later in the year, and quite possibly as 2016 releases rather than 2015 at this point.  Although, they could probably squeak in a career book for the tail end of 2015 (Decemberish?), and it might well be Bounty Hunter to tie in this book, either coming just before or just after this one.

The Zann Consortium, headed by a cunning former protege of Jabba the Hutt, is behind the bounty posted for the Pirate Queen.

They had to frelling go there...makes me almost expect the pirate queen to turn out to be Vong...

still gonna by it..... jerks.....

Hmmm... I'll have to get this and see how interested my wife may be in the Veiled Sorority.  She might want to fall on the other side of this adventure, but that can work too...

The Pirate Queen leads an all-female criminal organization known as the Veiled Sorority that predates the Clone Wars. 

Interesting ...

Non-females of any species can join the sorority ...

Not quite all female then, is it?

Just the leadership... and the males are good cannon-fodder

I may or may not get this. I like how lacking in sexism the Star Wars setting generally is and a sex-specific organization rubs me the wrong way, slightly. It undermines an aspect of the setting I greatly like. Of course there are species-specific cases such as the Dathomir witches or Geonosians, but as a society the galaxy seems to regard it as a non-issue which I have always loved. The OT were a bit male-heavy which was a factor of its times (or more likely George Lucas) but TCW, Rebels and FFG have all done a sterling job of undoing that.

Still, I'll see what it's like when it's out. Jewel Of Yavin was excellent source material even if not run as an adventure.

Edited by knasserII

Interesting.

I'll probably pick this up due to being a completionist, but given that none of my usual play groups have much interest in what one might call a typically "fringe" style campaign, I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of it.

Same here.  I could justify my group going to bespin, since the minos cluster is on the same trade route, but they are not much for collecting bounties, nor traveling to odd places.  I would have ot heavily rewrite the adventure, and the minos cluster really doesn't have a large pirate operation going on.

So Saleucami is now settled by the Pantorans, not the Wroonians anymore. At least according to the preview.

It was all retconned.  Wroonians are now Pantorans.. well at least in "Legacy" EU

I have a hard time swallowing the idea of the Zann consortium.  Especially since it just "Appeared" in 2006 for the Empire at War expansion, videos games are very wibbly wobby as far as using them for source material.  But obviously someone at FFG likes them so they included them

I have a hard time swallowing the idea of the Zann consortium.  Especially since it just "Appeared" in 2006 for the Empire at War expansion, videos games are very wibbly wobby as far as using them for source material.  But obviously someone at FFG likes them so they included them

Probably more like the mouse is directing licensees to promote current and coming content I would imagine.

I don't see it as that. I actually like the Zann consortium, it's another 'big player' to throw in there with The Hutt Cartel, and Black Sun. I don't think they will have anything to do with the upcoming film or pieces of content.