Sign in to follow this  
kagemushaclan

Tie Punisher

Deathrain seems like a very fun guy. 

"Drop these Cluster Mines on your face with my Advanced Sensors, reveal my dial and drop this Seismic on your face as well. Barrel roll over this way and K-turn, while laughing madly. Nice swarm you had there." 

Redline is also a blatant attempt to fix the "spend your targt lock to fire this" problem, and I for one approve. 

Also looking forward to Defenders being more of a thing. Now that they have some actual options for clearing stress I think they'll be more useful.

Can't drop two bombs in a turn.

With Conner Net, Proximity Mines, and Cluster Mines using actions to drop, something that gives low PS ships actions late in the round could be pretty cool. A Punisher with Advanced Sensors could drop Cluster Mines on a ship that got behind them twice before the target ship would get a chance to move with a little help from Squad Leader Vader.

You can't drop two bombs in one turn or perform the same action twice in one turn, if that's what you were suggesting.

Nope. 

1. Target lands behind Punisher

2. Vader activates squad leader.

3. Punisher poops out bomb on target.

4. Next round starts.

5. Punisher activates before target, uses Advanced Sensors to drop second bomb before moving.

With Conner Net, Proximity Mines, and Cluster Mines using actions to drop, something that gives low PS ships actions late in the round could be pretty cool. A Punisher with Advanced Sensors could drop Cluster Mines on a ship that got behind them twice before the target ship would get a chance to move with a little help from Squad Leader Vader.

You can't drop two bombs in one turn or perform the same action twice in one turn, if that's what you were suggesting.

Nope. 

4. Next round starts.

5. Punisher activates before target, uses Advanced Sensors to drop second bomb before moving.

"Ouch" -Corran

Nope. 

4. Next round starts.

Makes sense, is legal, is sweet.

So I guess my question is, does the Punisher come with two Cluster Mine token sets?  Since obviously the intention is for you to run them with Extra Munitions.

The product image seems to clearly say no.

I've to add that its pretty stupid how many duplicate target lock focus and similar tokens you get when you buy all expansion while still having a shortage of some specific tokens... thats just a waste...

Edited by CaineHoA

So I guess my question is, does the Punisher come with two Cluster Mine token sets?  Since obviously the intention is for you to run them with Extra Munitions.

No. This is something others have noted in the past. 

I wonder why the K wing is the only ship without the spoiled dial?

Because they always leave some elements of each wave unspoiled. Last wave we didn't get the "true" M3-a dial until release.

Throwing more good points after bad does not a Defender fix make.

A single point modification that fixes pretty much all the issues people have with the Defender dial? Yeah, Defenders will be around a bit, especially after seeing a double Defender list doing well at a Regional.

Which does nothing to address the Defender's real problem, which is doing enough damage to make its points back in a timely manner. Now it's more expensive, uses up the modification slot, and you can't fit three generics with ions in a list any longer.

This does not fix the Defender.

If only there was a cheaper cannon that causes stress and compliments ion cannons...I can dream.

Throwing more good points after bad does not a Defender fix make.

A single point modification that fixes pretty much all the issues people have with the Defender dial? Yeah, Defenders will be around a bit, especially after seeing a double Defender list doing well at a Regional. 

The dial isn't the Defender's only problem. We'll see, I'll at least be breaking them out again. Not being so allergic to stress will be nice but I'm not sure it's enough.

Can't wait to see Deathrain shove some unpleasantness in someone's face.

Redline with FCS and EM could actually see a munitions heavy list be a thing?

Large ships will not like those cluster mines at all though the no critical moderates them some what. Potentially if the stars align... with Deathrain you could cluster a large base two turns in a row if you manage to block the target in place. Drop forward one turn then drop behind you the next!

Looks like a really solid expansion that could make taking a large base ship more thought provoking.

I wonder why the K wing is the only ship without the spoiled dial?

Because they always leave some elements of each wave unspoiled. Last wave we didn't get the "true" M3-a dial until release.

Yep. The Kihrazz didn't spoil Crack Shot, the Hound's Tooth didn't spoil Maneuvering Fins or Ion Projectors, the K-Wing didn't spoil the dial, and the Punisher didn't spoil exactly what the Advanced Homing Missile does.

I want ALL the Twin ion cards.

Deathrain will work great with Advanced Sensors. Drop an action bomb, barrel roll to the side, fly away, profit.

And Redline having two target locks? I throw my cluster missiles at you, I re-roll! I take another 2 with FCS, I throw the second attack at you, I RE-ROLL!!! And I still have 2 on you for the next turn with my extra munitions!

Bonkers.

How do you intend to barrel roll after using your action to drop a bomb? Deathrain has no EPT, so you can't PTL and EI triggers an "action" card after an action, so you couldn't use it to drop the bomb first.

EDIT: I suppose you could use a Squad Leader to pass him an action, but at PS6 there aren't a lot of Imperial pilots that can, and only Vader has actions to spare.

EDIT 2: I'm apparently blind, and missed the free barrel roll in his card text.  Carry on, internet, I'll be over here in the corner.

Edited by Luke Licens

I'm still gonna call it the TIE DoubleDown, but they done good.

Trying to convince myself I don't need three of each of the small ships...

Why would you need 3 of each?

For the upgrade cards. Cluster Mines for Emon Andrastra, Twin Ion Engine Mk2, mainly.

Can't wait to see Deathrain shove some unpleasantness in someone's face.

Redline with FCS and EM could actually see a munitions heavy list be a thing?

Large ships will not like those cluster mines at all though the no critical moderates them some what. Potentially if the stars align... with Deathrain you could cluster a large base two turns in a row if you manage to block the target in place. Drop forward one turn then drop behind you the next!

Looks like a really solid expansion that could make taking a large base ship more thought provoking.

Deathrain will probably also love an Experimental Interface. Move, boost to adjust position, use EI to drop a bomb in someone's face, then barrel roll out.

So, nobody is pointing out the obvious error of Enhanced Scopes at 2pts?

Two fewer points than Advanced Sensors is what the article is referring to.

So, nobody is pointing out the obvious error of Enhanced Scopes at 2pts?

Read it again. Two fewer than advanced sensors.

Brainfart, sorry.

I want ALL the Twin ion cards.

Deathrain will work great with Advanced Sensors. Drop an action bomb, barrel roll to the side, fly away, profit.

And Redline having two target locks? I throw my cluster missiles at you, I re-roll! I take another 2 with FCS, I throw the second attack at you, I RE-ROLL!!! And I still have 2 on you for the next turn with my extra munitions!

Bonkers.

How do you intend to barrel roll after using your action to drop a bomb? Deathrain has no EPT, so you can't PTL and EI triggers an "action" card after an action, so you couldn't use it to drop the bomb first.

EDIT: I suppose you could use a Squad Leader to pass him an action, but at PS6 there aren't a lot of Imperial pilots that can, and only Vader has actions to spare.

Deathrain gets a free barrel-roll action after dropping bombs.