Sign in to follow this  
ishikabe

Is this game dying in your area?

It is still rather large in my area of Australia, plus after a PM or two I was not only able to get in a tournament but also some casual games while I traveled in Denmark for the past couple of weeks, hell if I was in Copenhagen for one more day I would have been able to make their Regionals.

Still strong here.  

Post-Regional doldrums as another poster said, that might be a thing.  A few players I know are a little slower now that they're done representing our area for the time being.

And if you really want a game and it's slow in your area, there's always some Vassal goodness!

We just had 39 players sweating bullets in the Danish summer heat for our 2nd Regionals. 4-6 players drawn in from Sweden even. And the upcoming Nordic Championship will most likely break 100 participants for the two day tournament. So very much alive

May many Soontir Fels feast in Valhalla before the day is over!

I don't see many people playing this game anymore in my area. Magic and Warhammer seem to be the only things getting played at my local stores.

That is unfortunate, I have played MTG since 94 and I am so tired of it. Not to mention when I hear the fans playing at the local store I just shake my head when they have conversations I had with my friends a decade ago but with insert X ability here instead of Y ability. It really is a good game it is just so played out for me that I have 0 passion and very close to 0 interest in it anymore. Warhammer is something I have never and will never touch. The stories I've heard from veterans have completely turned me off of that game from cost horror stories to ridiculous power creep.

My point being, I don't know how big of an area you have access to but if X wing seems to be dwindling find other groups/other stores. I have pretty much quit going to my local stores because one is Warhammer dominant and the other is Magic and Pokemon. To each their own but the commanders are out there keep searching my friend.

We just had 39 players sweating bullets in the Danish summer heat for our 2nd Regionals. 4-6 players drawn in from Sweden even. And the upcoming Nordic Championship will most likely break 100 participants for the two day tournament. So very much alive

May many Soontir Fels feast in Valhalla before the day is over!

No Imperials made it to the final, but many Fels (and most likely a few Bothans too) died in the battles on the way to the final

Far from it.

It is growing like crazy with all the migration from Games Workshop.

Just curious, why are people leaving warhammer? Did GW messed up?

Btw in my area X-Wing is growing slowly but steadily, and we're gonna hit 100 for the regionals easily I think.

i think its leveled off but isnt dying. im off to the biggest regional event in the country (New Zealand) nxt weekend and it will be small compared to some regionals but id expect there to be about 50players there. thats 10-15 more than last year.

a new game store has actually opened up near me and although their ship prices are a little steep x-wing players are allowed to pop in and play for free till 8pm most nights. thats a good sign and im picking the tournament scene to go from strength to strength here.

Far from it.

It is growing like crazy with all the migration from Games Workshop.

Just curious, why are people leaving warhammer? Did GW messed up?

Btw in my area X-Wing is growing slowly but steadily, and we're gonna hit 100 for the regionals easily I think.

GW has basically released the "final edition" for Warhammer Fantasy, and ramped up the power creep and edition turnaround in 40k. I quit 40k at the end of 6th edition, picked up Xwing a few months back.

Small but going strong

I disagree I think it's not small but isolated into pockets. In our area there's a group of 4-10 players at about 6-8 local gaming stores. At the holiday tournament with no prizes offered the store generated 10 players (and one who came a little late and didn't get to play).

Probably second only to Magic.

Not even close. We're at the point where demand for tourneys far exceeds supply. The next round of store championships will be just silly crowded. I think we're quickly coming to the point that the only way to keep SC's from getting too large will be to make sure multiple stores in an area schedule them on the same day.