Sign in to follow this  
TitchFender

Duty Chart

So, reading the book I'm confused. How do I go about putting the chart together for my group?

Any examples would be useful.

I'll have all my players characters soon so I'll be able to relate more soon. If still confused, I'll prob ask for an explanation by Skype or some sort.

Edited by TitchFender

Amanda has 15 Duty, Bob has 10 Duty, Carol has 5 Duty, and Daryl has 0 Duty. And you start the chart in order from highest Duty to lowest, and you basically just add the numbers on top of each other.

So:

Amanda 1-15

Bob 16-25

Carol 26-30

And Daryl doesn't need to be added since there's nothing for him to add.

Edited by Lathrop

If you're using my character generator, run GM Tools and create a group that includes all of your players' PCs.  When you print the group sheet, you'll have an option to include an obligation chart, as well as a duty chart.  The duty chart will show current contribution rank, and will optionally include duty that is currently at 0 (so you'll know what everyone's duty is, even if it doesn't effect the d100 roll).  The chart will look something like this:

DutyExample.png

im not using your character generator. link for it please?

Just a point to note, I am using the classic theme and I can barely read anything you wrote without highlighting it.

im not using your character generator. link for it please?

Just a point to note, I am using the classic theme and I can barely read anything you wrote without highlighting it.

thats strange, anyone else having problems?

The dark green doesn't contrast well with the dark blue of the "classic" forum background. Consider running with the "default" coloring instead of dark green, which will change with the theme to provide a good contrast for legibility. 

Marksman Barrel. im not seeing it for any of the weapons

OK, so im still a little confused on this.

i have 5 members in my party, im still waiting on 1 character, but at the moment i have:

Nick        Internal Security           10

Will         Counter Intelligence      5

Will         Sabotage                      5

Simon     Support                        10

Adam     Combat victory              5   (took one of the -5 options)

So, my chart would be:

Nick      0-10

Simon   11-20

Will        21-25

Adam    26-30

Will        31-35

for the PC that im missing i insert and adjust as needed.

Hope that now ive got it right!! 
Cheers for the help.

Have you looked at any of the weapons that are classified for blaster rifles? Cause that is the only classification that can use the marksman barrel.

Edited by Osprey

Jesus, sure I want help. But am I allowed a little diversity?As you all have, taking the choice of the different theme? Seeing in black and white all the time is horrid. Sure I understand that people may not read, but personally I think its a little silly, its a free forum, you choose your own colour styles, and I'll choose mine.
Now I'm not really being mean here, I'm stating my point as most of you have. Diversity. Sure, I agree I may if it were me, point my penny in as well, but it wouldn't hinder me from posting any help. 

So, please, can we get back to the original topic. I am genuinely stuck with this!

EDIT:

So I just put my theme on the other one.  What's the big deal? i can see perfectly fine...
Any way, I digress. Back to topic? Please help.

Edited by TitchFender

You can put the last player in anywhere or put it in order per your chart above, as for the color of your font, well it's your choice, but, people are going to get tired of trying to figure out what you are typing and not put forth the effort to help. Again your choice.

Thanks Osprey.

It saddens me that people restrict themselves because of a font. It's not overly hard to highlight text to be able to read it. I agree, maybe not too considerate. But I again say, why should I limit myself.

(between you and me though, I'll probably forget soon. but as of now, it's annoyed me slightly so until I do forget, I'm sticking to it)

Well it's a democracy, and you are the minority. Just saying.

People are tired of pushing 1 for english in the US and also being told that they can't or do certain things as a majority because it might hurt the minority's feelings.

Titch, wear your clothes a certain way, die your hair, but this is communication, and communication should be as precise and easy as it could be. My advice, go with a better color, not saying the color needs to be black. We go through quite a bit of threads and if we can't read it or it doesn't make sense, we move on.

Being part of a community involves a little give and take. If everyone actively seeks small ways to make other people's lives easier, a community flourishes. 

If I were speaking to a crowd of people, I'd want to make sure I was clear, succinct, and audible. If I were writing to a similar group, I'd want to make sure I did my best to be clear, succinct, and legible. This can be done even for mostly selfish reasons—I want to get my point across and not be ignored; and if I'm asking for help, I want to actually receive help. But the more one communicates with clarity, the more people listen.

Diversity is, I believe, also absolutely crucial for the longevity of a community. But it's clarity, not diversity, that wins people's attention when communicating. 

/waxing philosophical 

As to the questions: 

1. The Marksman Barrel, per the CRB, is only available on blaster rifles, period. Not "rifles" as the Forearm Grip, not "blaster rifles and heavy blaster rifles" as the Augment Spin Barrel, not "rifle-sized weapons," but distinctively "blaster rifles." 

2. Your Duty Chart is mostly right. You'll want to replace "0-10" with "1-10," since a zero is never rolled on a d100, but other than that it looks good!

PS: I find green text to be well-legible against the lighter, grayish new FFG theme. So for me it's not an issue. Lighter colors like yellow and gray, by way of contrast, are horrible. This color, Violet, doesn't seem too bad. I can read it on both themes, anyway :) 

Test:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed venenatis in est a tempor. Etiam a lacus leo. Integer efficitur, eros non sollicitudin suscipit, nibh dui pretium purus, vitae luctus neque orci pulvinar eros. Etiam convallis pharetra arcu posuere luctus. In efficitur varius arcu vestibulum accumsan. In ullamcorper ligula vitae imperdiet condimentum. Aenean vitae gravida nulla, eget elementum velit. Donec urna tellus, varius dictum tortor eu, varius lacinia lectus. Curabitur varius, ex non viverra vestibulum, turpis sapien varius massa, eget finibus risus velit at ipsum. Duis rhoncus consequat hendrerit. Sed at quam ullamcorper, ullamcorper erat ac, hendrerit ipsum. Suspendisse pellentesque scelerisque ex nec varius. Sed ac tincidunt nulla. Fusce diam nunc, semper ut purus vel, dapibus ullamcorper urna.

Edited by awayputurwpn

Being part of a community involves a little give and take. If everyone actively seeks small ways to make other people's lives easier, a community flourishes. 

If I were speaking to a crowd of people, I'd want to make sure I was clear, succinct, and audible. If I were writing to a similar group, I'd want to make sure I did my best to be clear, succinct, and legible. This can be done even for mostly selfish reasons—I want to get my point across and not be ignored; and if I'm asking for help, I want to actually receive help. But the more one communicates with clarity, the more people listen.

Diversity is, I believe, also absolutely crucial for the longevity of a community. But it's clarity, not diversity, that wins people's attention when communicating. 

/waxing philosophical 

As to the questions: 

1. The Marksman Barrel, per the CRB, is only available on blaster rifles, period. Not "rifles" as the Forearm Grip, not "blaster rifles and heavy blaster rifles" as the Augment Spin Barrel, not "rifle-sized weapons," but distinctively "blaster rifles." 

2. Your Duty Chart is mostly right. You'll want to replace "0-10" with "1-10," since a zero is never rolled on a d100, but other than that it looks good!

PS: I find green text to be well-legible against the lighter, grayish new FFG theme. So for me it's not an issue. Lighter colors like yellow and gray, by way of contrast, are horrible. 

I was thinking blaster rifle alone and not the other ones but got to thinking as blaster rifle as a category, which one could interpret it that way. Awayputurweapon, is a pretty good source though, and think if you really wanted, you could start another thread stating that question as far as is it for blaster rifles as just the rifle or all the blaster rifles as a category.

The reason I said start another thread is it will be an initial one and everyone that gets notifications that thought your original question was sufficiently answer will get that question as it is a new topic..