Sign in to follow this  
bubblepopmei

Expanded Universe Content in Your Universe

I set in to a fit of giggles when I bring EU content into my campaign, often as little easter eggs. 

I tend to avoid bringing the major movie players into the story but I brought in a cousin in the Organa family, mentioned Lobot on Bespin, had Cay Qel Droma in a Holocron, and a padawan was possessed by the spirit imbued mask of Darth Nihilus.

Have you brought EU content into your Edge of the Empire campaign?  

I may refer to places and events, it adds depth and makes it more enjoyable to me, even if my of my players don't know squat about Legends stuff. I try to avoid it being too important, as it - like playing hard core canon-centric - can easily make the players feel like support cast, playing second fiddle. Although I have had them searching for Luke at one point, and Kyle Katarn did in a very old campaign have the role as a mission provider during the YV incident...

In the previous EotE run I did, they were looking for Juhani's Orb or something, a holocron basically... and I did refer to Crado and Sylvar from TotJ during that storyline too. It was somewhat centred around a new organisation of mine, CIRCA (Cathar Institution for the Reacquisition of Cultural Artefacts) ... :ph34r: but I try only to use material from Legends as support mechanisms for me and my players' stories. It's a source of names, events and places that is easily available and usable for my own stories, I try not to get too caught up in it though or depend on it too much - nor adhere to it in any strict manner.

All of my many prior campaigns have taken place in the EU set after Return of the Jedi and the Thrawn Trilogy but I was running Star Wars WEG d6. Now that we're using Edge of the Empire I have the luxury of placing the campaign between Episode IV and V so all the future EU events don't concern us. I do acknowledge all past EU events (The events of Knights of the Old Republic, The Rakatan Infinite Empire, and all that other great stuff). Such things only occasionally come up in game play but I still acknowledge and use it. A future episode I'm running actually involves the heroes helping a professor find an ancient Infinite Empire starbase on Duro that hides a terrible secret. Since I love to mine Wookiepedia I find those kinds of tie ins fun.

A few things I think; though I am not a huge reader into star wars e.u. The timeline covered is immediately after the destruction of the First Death Star and ends a unspecified period before the battle of Hoth.

Since the start of our campiagn Lando was actually our first major job giver back when he was a smuggler, involving a hiest involving a goveners mansion. He remained a long standing friend throughout, though at this point my character is the only member of that robbery team that is still living the dangerous lifestyle (two died, one joined the inquistors and is currently under control by some sith magic, the other left after his love interest was shot in the face by a wardroid during our last session.)

During said Hiest, we heard Han Solo and Chewie speak over comlink, though we never met them and hadn't met them since.

We worked for Cazerka on Cheweb-3, the guy's name was Dillion, a very powerfully built dark skined man who was a vet of the clone wars. Turns out that was a reference to the first preditor movie, he died during the transition to the rebel allience.

On an odd job tracking down researchers on a jungle planet. We found a wreaked clinder tube, the captain of our crew took it but my character (failing a will save) stole it off him. In a double trumph role in examining the lightsaber I was able to do a quick job, grabbed some wires and reactivated the lightsaber, before chosing to keep it secert (In character, I didn't trust the party member whom it had belonged to. Very long story.) When Tobin finally became force senstive after a entire year, it finally greeted me with "Took you long enough to hear me." It's been very secerative sith artifact that had steadily groomed him, but apprently his master had been Exar Kun.

In an obilgation to a friend, we actually recovered footage from a double agent decripting the firing of the death star from a command bridge perspective. The informant was the brother of a minor officer who was on the bridge that fateful day, he was killed by ISB commandos before we could track him down, resulting in a frantic battle on a crowded train.

When we finally defected to the allience our point in contact was Targetter. Inadvertently we showed her the death star footage. You can imagine how that went, much tears.

In the hiest of Yavin I had a hack off against Lobot, I barely won. Having given the jewel back (no spoilers) to Lando due to our personal connection, he quietly dislikes the party, Tobin especially. XD

A member of the party got a new space station. Unfortunately the ship that we docked with ours was infested with Ripley styled aliens, resulting in a bloody and frantic battle in which members of the party were infected. If it wasn't for the fact that it was a halloween special, I imagine that fellow would have been furious. XD Another funny fact is that the call sign for our squad is "Preditor Squadren.", needless to say Pred vs Aliens references were a bountiful!

On the smugglers moon, we met a lot of Hutts. There was some black sun involvement and Jabbas clan noteably declined to dedicate any support to the defence of the moon.

The flagship of one of our nemesises, Admieral Rathbone, commanded a star destoryer dubbed the Reichenbach, named after the waterfall in Sherlock Holme's Final Problem. It seemed quite adapt considering that the fellow was extremely paranoid and cunning, having used considerable underworld connections to seed critial locations on the smugglers moon with baradium charges prior to the invasion. His entire plan was to lead a realtively small task force and blow a huge chunk of the moon up, causing a collapse of a sangificant chunk of city and forcing their pacfication.

Afterwards, as we returned to our cell to report, we found that our entire cell had been requested to join Carlist Rieekan task force in the Hoth Sector, something he did just to get Preditor Squad even before he heard the reports of the last battle. I know which battle we will take part in when we do restart sometime in the future!

There are 8 ongoing imperial secert weapon programs, including super stormtroopers, mind control and stealth star destoryers. Needless to say they smell of 90's super villainry, brillent!

I think that just about covers everything. We also been to a lot of planets, I can't even recall most of them.

Edited by Lordbiscuit

It helps that my campaign is shortly after ANH (now 100 days after the battle of yavin).

The infinite Empire happened, but no one really knows much about it.   About as much as you learn about history from the Epic of Gilgamesh.  KotOR stuff is similar to what Americans would know about The Ko'ran if they were raised Christian catholics... not very much, and maybe a few people and some stories that were verbally based down.  The kind of stories you tell your kids

And i am not bothering with a lot of the Pre-TPM EU, cause it is mostly retcon.  Ruusan Reformation is created because of one mistake of saying "Thousands of years" instead of "Thousands of generations"

Clone wars as is.  but i might do a Force Sensitive campaign that makes it a war AGAINST clones, and not a war WITH clones.  Rather not have to mess with Rebels or any pre ANH stuff.

Edited by kinnison

The Complete History of Corvis Minor.  Once I actually get a game going that is.

I haven't looked this up to see if this is what I'm thinking of, but I think you're trying to be subtle (insider's joke) about the book that either the ISB or imperial intelligence (not quite the same thing) hides a blaster in, in libraries throughout the galaxy.

The Complete History of Corvis Minor.  Once I actually get a game going that is.

I haven't looked this up to see if this is what I'm thinking of, but I think you're trying to be subtle (insider's joke) about the book that either the ISB or imperial intelligence (not quite the same thing) hides a blaster in, in libraries throughout the galaxy.

Just play a star wars themed version of Ca$h n' Gun$