Sign in to follow this  
CobaltWraith

Dear FFG, spoilers please!

Has anyone else noticed a serious dearth of new information on wave 2? Maybe I've just missed it, but I'm not aware that any new info has been posted since the initial announcement. Have we gotten any other info anywhere else besides the usual spoiler pictures? If you are from FFG reading this, another article would be fantastic :)

Seriously, FFG. Give us anything to talk about here in these forums to make the wait bearable.

What would be interesting for me would be any set of articles about the game development process. How did they came up with individual ship stats? How did they interpret each Star Wars personality into specific cards? What were their thoughts during the playtesting process?  

What would be interesting for me would be any set of articles about the game development process. How did they came up with individual ship stats? How did they interpret each Star Wars personality into specific cards? What were their thoughts during the playtesting process?  

Kite, that really is a terrific idea as far as I'm concerned.  Naturally, I'd also love to see what I'm getting with my ISD pre-orders, but I might be willing to give it up for some insight into how the creative team looks at those concepts and translates it into Armada.   Yep, that'd be neat: a few interviews and short articles on philosophy, upgrade ideas, and even some of the concepts that were altered or scrapped before the final draft would be just the thing to help break these inter-release doldrums.

'Meet the Design team', I'd be good with that.

I think they gave away a TON of information about wave 2 in the original article. MC30's are speed 4, XV9 Turbolasers let's you spend a certain type of dice to get 2 hit icons (least that's how it reads), SW-7 Ions treat accuracy dice as hits.

That's all pretty good info!

Kite, that really is a terrific idea as far as I'm concerned.  Naturally, I'd also love to see what I'm getting with my ISD pre-orders, but I might be willing to give it up for some insight into how the creative team looks at those concepts and translates it into Armada.   Yep, that'd be neat: a few interviews and short articles on philosophy, upgrade ideas, and even some of the concepts that were altered or scrapped before the final draft would be just the thing to help break these inter-release doldrums.

'Meet the Design team', I'd be good with that.

As I recall, the back of the X-wing manual even had a short article on the making of the game and how they came up with a feasible scale for models. They could do a similar thing for Armada. How did they decide on the scale used for capital ships? Why did they choose certain EU designs over others? How did they decide on the squad costs of the ships and cards? How about releasing a modest gallery of concept art?

I believe many of us would develop a deeper appreciation of the game if we had an insight on the work these talented people have done. Articles like these would show that the Star Wars universe is a living, breathing world and how playing Armada gives us a taste of this world through the eyes of its officers, engineers, rogues and soldiers.    

Has anyone else noticed a serious dearth of new information on wave 2? 

I was thinking the exact same thing only yesterday. It also shoots down the rumour of a July release that I posted a while back (which is now looking more and more like misinformation from Esdevium Games, the UK distributor).

I really hope we get some more in depth previews soon though.

I'll almost guarantee that they will have all the wave 2 stuff on display if not for sale at GenCon. I'll try to post a report.

Please do. I've never been able to make it to GenCon myself, but I would happily devour any and all scraps of info you could send our way when you go.