Sign in to follow this  
Tetsugaku-San

Which Universe is best suited to a re skin of the Armada rules?

So X-wing was successfully reskinned not once but twice - whats the best universe or world for Armada?

My favourite is the obvious I'm afraid - Warhammer 40,000. Fleet combat in the GW world already works well, I enjoyed Man'O'War, Battlefleet Gothic and even ye olde Space Fleet.

Huge options for races - conquering the obvious problem with Armada which is lack of sides.

Could easily be sold in GW stores as well as being distributed by FFG to other locations.

Start with Imperial Navy, Eldar, Orks & Chaos?

What do you think?

My number one choice would be FFG's own Twilight Imperium setting. A surprisingly deep and rich universe for how little products have been made in it, with a bunch of really interesting, well developed races. Already set up for fleet actions supported by fighters.

It's a perfect match for a reskin of armada.

And x-wing

And a couple RPGs.

Maybe a few more board games.

Edited by Forgottenlore

BFG is essentially why I am playing Armada. Armada is a (more) active game at the moment, so I'm using Armada to sate my immense thirst for Sci-Fi space combat until BFG revives (which is assured). 

Dune. 

While not much has been said about how their ships look like, it would be interesting how people would interpret them according to each House's characteristics. As one of the founding fathers of the sci-fi genre,I feel it's not being represented enough in modern gaming.

That or any steampunk combat game using airships. 

Babylon 5, but only if they simulated the combat how it was portrayed in the show, i.e. being able to turn ships whilst they continue to move in another direction, interceptor guns, etc.

There are so many races and ships that the B5 Universe is perfect for a game setting like Armada. Plus there would be no issues with ship scale, unless you get into the realms of Planet Killers and Shadow Clouds...

Has no one mentioned Battlestar Galactica? I am ashamed in all of you, consitering how easy an adaptation it would be!

Maybe not Stargate, and bfg is best for its own system.

I see home world was mentioned, so now I throw in Sins of a Solar Empire.

3 races, 4 different weapons per race, each with different ranges/damages, and firing arcs for ships.

All you need to do now is transfer ship abilities/antimatter to a battle card/action card format, and make it exciting/ less of a stationary slugfest.

BSG would work very well, i agree.

Now if anybody somebody would do really nice BSG models. Someone possibly on Shapeways maybe....

Someone DOES do very nice BSG models. I see them set up at cons all the time.

it was actually a backhanded reference to Mels gorgeous models :)