Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DailyRich

K-Wing Preview!

351 posts in this topic

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/6/29/slam-and-bomb/

swx33_card_ref_04.png

ion-bombs.png

"... these bombs detonate at the end of the activation phase and deal two ion tokens to all ships within Range "1.""

connor-net.png

"Like Proximity Mines , a Conner Net takes an action to deploy and then remains on the battlefield until a ship or its maneuver template overlaps it. Then, it cripples the ship it hits, dealing one damage and two ion tokens, plus stripping the ship of its ability to perform an action."

warden-squadron-pilot.png esege-tuketu.png miranda-doni.png

Edited by DailyRich
Verlaine, YwingAce, Crabbok and 9 others like this

I'm a bit confused about the sentences surrounding Advanced SLAM.  It says you can use an action to drop a proximity mine.  But... dropping a proximity mine isn't an action!

Also, yay SLAM!

Edited by Pygon

swx33-slam-action-diagram2.jpg

twin-laser-turret.png

connor-net.png

Then, it cripples the ship it hits, dealing one damage and two ion tokens, plus stripping the ship of its ability to perform an action.

ion-bombs.png

Instead, these bombs detonate at the end of the activation phase and deal two ion tokens to all ships within Range "1."

plasma-torpedoes.png

stmack, z0m4d and DarkArk like this

I'm a bit confused about the sentences surrounding Advanced SLAM.  It says you can use an action to drop a proximity mine.  But... dropping a proximity mine isn't an action!

Also, yay SLAM!

Proximity Mine is an action.

Basically, if the mine is persistent, it takes an action to deploy. If it detonates at the end of the round, its when you reveal your dial.

The fact that the K-Wing can deploy bombs after moving but before revealing a SLAM is terrific. Connor Nets will be fearsome Soontir and Vader killers, as well.

Also, yay SLAM!

Proxy mine and conner net are both actions.

Plasma Torpedoes still seem to be generally weak, but could be useful in epic games against capital ships. Unless you're shooting with a focus token against ships that have lots of shielding, it seems like a regular Proton Torpedo would probably do more damage, with the chance of pushing a crit through.

6 points for the Twin Laser Turret.  :o

Only 1 point more then a Ion Turret. Less utility but more damage, plus it will be good for stripping tokens and stealth devices.

Only 1 point more then a Ion Turret. Less utility but more damage, plus it will be good for stripping tokens and stealth devices.

It'll be the turret of choice for Horton Salm, and R3A2 doesn't think it's too shabby, either.

heychadwick and Danthrax like this

It'll be the turret of choice for Horton Salm, and R3A2 doesn't think it's too shabby, either.

So disgusting, I like it, haha

Esege with recon spec will be engine of lots of rebel combo lists, I wonder if you can use that focus to fire blaster turret, as Esege is worded "while it is attacking" and you need to spend focus for blaster before attack.

Also TLT on Kavil will be bad news for all arc dodgers

So how come the K-wing can drop bombs in-between maneuvers? Aren't they supposed to be dropped when you reveal your dial? The article seemed to say they get the "Genius" upgrade for free.

GeneralFlash likes this

Esege with recon spec will be engine of lots of rebel combo lists, I wonder if you can use that focus to fire blaster turret, as Esege is worded "while it is attacking" and you need to spend focus for blaster before attack.

Also TLT on Kavil will be bad news for all arc dodgers

It should work, for the same reason you can't shoot Dark Curse with a Blaster Turret.

So disgusting, I like it, haha

Chipping the enemy away, one shield token/hull point at a time.  The death of a thousand cuts!

Let's add the reference card for the bombs. Very key. 

bomb-token-reference.png

I'm loving a lot of the upgrades. The Conner Net is going to make ships have a very, very bad next turn. And the Plasma Torpedo is great. Who wouldn't love an extra damage early on against the Falcon or B-wing? 

Yeah, there's a lot of large-ship hate coming...and it is wonderful.

I was thinking the same when i read it. Think they made a mistake in the article.

@chilligan

"Performing a SLAM counts as a maneauver."

Edited by CaineHoA