Sign in to follow this  
Fake Ghost Pirate

Can't play offline- have to "prove" I own the game over and over

A storm knocked out our power for a week, but I still had a full battery on my tablet. So I figured I'd brighten an otherwise horrible day with a game of Elder Sign: Omens...

NOPE!

It insisted that I no longer owned the game, even though I bought it (and the expansions) a long time ago. It demanded that I connect to the appstore- how do I connect to the appstore when my entire town is without power or internet and so are the 3 towns surrounding it?!? (This was the worst storm I've ever seen) And WHY must I constantly prove that I still own the game? This happens nearly every time I try to play it offline!!!

And WHY won't FFG fix this problem? There's no update or bug fix or anything.

A storm knocked out our power for a week, but I still had a full battery on my tablet. So I figured I'd brighten an otherwise horrible day with a game of Elder Sign: Omens...

NOPE!

It insisted that I no longer owned the game, even though I bought it (and the expansions) a long time ago. It demanded that I connect to the appstore- how do I connect to the appstore when my entire town is without power or internet and so are the 3 towns surrounding it?!? (This was the worst storm I've ever seen) And WHY must I constantly prove that I still own the game? This happens nearly every time I try to play it offline!!!

And WHY won't FFG fix this problem? There's no update or bug fix or anything.

You can download the APK and obb files. Try a google search.

Drop the obb folder in Android/obb

Run the APK.

Play the game.

I just lost the Egypt campaign with this method, didn't cost me a dime.