Sign in to follow this  
chipset35

Anyone using Lackey?

I got Lackey installed just fine and loaded the game plugin.

But, cant seem to find a game.

Also, what does FFG think of all these types of online versions of their games?

It'll be more difficult to find players on Lackey, as most people play on OCTGN. However, I'm sure there must be some Lackey players out there, but you'll probably have to use forums like this to arrange games in advance.

FFG does not officially endorse these online platforms, but they don't squash them either. It appears that FFG tolerates their existence, but will probably never say so outright. What seems to help is that OCTGN and Lackey follow a policy of not releasing card images until 6 months after a release.

Well if you keep your fingers crossed there may be a suprise soon... but the lackey plugin will never be as "uptodate" as the OCTGN one. I simply do not have the time or inclination to bust a hump to keep it updated. I'm happy to hand it off to someone if they want to take it over.

I used Lackey for the first time recently so that I could feed my addiction while travelling, without having to lug a big box of cards around. I just wanted to say thanks Tragic for the awesome plugin, and your tutorial video was super helpful. It would have taken me a long while to figure out how to use Lackey on my own, I suspect.