Sign in to follow this  
devotedknight

If only I could get a Tie Fighter with an Primary of 3!!

yeah....that's a TIE Interceptor. 

Alpha Squadron Pilot + Autothrusters (x5)

yep, that's as many 3 dice attack ships as you're going to get in 100 points.

They have Engine Upgrade, Hull Upgrade and Shield Upgrade modifications.

They should have a Weapons Upgrade modification.

I'm trying to imagine how you could cost this one fairly for the jump from 2 dice to 3 dice, but not be disastrously underpriced for the jump from 4 dice to 5 dice. Or even going from 3 to 4 dice.

Can you imagine an AutoFel with 4 red dice at range 2? Or Dash who gets a 3 dice primary, with no title.

It's not that this is an unsolvable problem, but it's a difficult one. I think the easiest way to deal with it is via upgrades that give buffs or debuffs based on positioning.

Which is kinda what we have now.

The illusion too the Interceptor is pretty obvious. Are you saying the Interceptor is too expensive for you desires? getting an extra attack dice on a Firespray or B-wing costs 7 points. (and it can't crit or be fired at range 1)

There isn't a ship with a primary attack value of 3 cheaper than an Interceptor.

But if you consider a re-roll mathematically simmilar (though inferior) to an extra dice, It sounds like you just want Howelrunner.

I really think some sort of upgrade that would boost the attack dice on the TIE would really kind of ruin it. It is a 12 point ship. It was designed to require use in mass.

So, you're saying you want a Tie Interceptor? Or, are you saying you want a Tie Interceptor for the cost of a Tie Fighter?

Neither, I guess I'm thinking of a weapons up grade for the Tie Fighter. I looking for a bunch of cheap glass cannons.

game balance would like to have a word with you

Ah Yea, That is where the game designers decide on how many POINTS this modification should COST the players to KEEP  the game balance. It's called MATH!

It's all going to be ok. The next imperial aces will have blue painted TIE Fighters and. Defender (maybe grey color) and feature the fixes for both.

Modification

TIE Fighter only

Rapid Fire Laser Canons

This ship increases its primary weapon dice by one. If target is hit cancel dice and assign two damage to target.

2 points? It would be a waste on many of the named pilots. Speaking of which, we need about 6 more named pilots for the Fighter, and at least two more actual good pilots for the defender.

Cool!, I like to read new and creative ideas. Keep on thinking outside the box. and Never follow the crowd!!

They have Engine Upgrade, Hull Upgrade and Shield Upgrade modifications.

They should have a Weapons Upgrade modification.

Going with the cost of those upgrades then the PS 1 Tie would now cost 15 or 16 or you could get a PS1 interceptor for 18 and have EU built in.

That basically the idea. A pilot skill 1 Tie Interceptor cost 18 points, and has the ability to boost. The EU cost 4 points. So Thought the Power of MATH. the Tie Fighter with a Pilot skill of 1 and a Primary weapons value of 3 should cost 14 points. I just want to sell back the EU in and interceptor, how hard can that be?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That was unfriendly! It like you discourage a free exchange of ideas. Interesting.

There's "free exchange of ideas" and then there's "excrete directly into the idea pool, do not pass go, do not collect mental disability check"

this thread is the latter

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That was unfriendly! It like you discourage a free exchange of ideas. Interesting.

There's "free exchange of ideas" and then there's "excrete directly into the idea pool, do not pass go, do not collect mental disability check"

HAHAHAHAHA, I just love when some people over estimate themselves. It is going to be good! So go ahead, You got the floor. Explain your self. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh, and just remember. YOU fired first!!!

Maybe if this game wasn't based around stacking as many obnoxious upgrades as possible onto a fat turret 2 attack dice wouldn't be such a problem. Swarms of 2 attack dice ships used to dominate when lists were based around normal ships and not obnoxious game breaking HLC gunner FCS bullcrap.

So, you're saying you want a Tie Interceptor? Or, are you saying you want a Tie Interceptor for the cost of a Tie Fighter?

Neither, I guess I'm thinking of a weapons up grade for the Tie Fighter. I looking for a bunch of cheap glass cannons.

It's called Alpha Squadron Pilot.

Maybe if this game wasn't based around stacking as many obnoxious upgrades as possible onto a fat turret 2 attack dice wouldn't be such a problem. Swarms of 2 attack dice ships used to dominate when lists were based around normal ships and not obnoxious game breaking HLC gunner FCS bullcrap.

That is to say, the single list domination was worse than it is now.

Edited by Blue Five

It's called Alpha Squadron Pilot.

That is to say, the single list domination was worse than it is now.

I'd rather have the game be dominated by 1 type of swarm and B Wing spam lists than 3-4 'different' types of turret builds and dual IGs.

At least maneuvering matters with a swarm.

It's not that one list dominates, it's that the dominating list type is obnoxious turrets. 3-4 people out of like 8 at the FLGS casual $5 tournament were flying Deci phantom/soontir. How long does Turretwing have to go on before we can all acknowledge it's a problem?

Edited by ParaGoomba Slayer

You're kidding, right? Swarms beat Fat like Rock beats Scissors.

I would be very happy if the was a Tie Fighter with a Primary weapons value of 3. The Primary value of 2 that the Tie Fighter has now is just not effective. About 6 of those would be grand!

This is a terrible idea. It'd be the only competitive list. There'd be no other.

Edited by z0m4d

I would be very happy if the was a Tie Fighter with a Primary weapons value of 3. The Primary value of 2 that the Tie Fighter has now is just not effective. About 6 of those would be grand!

This is a terrible idea. It'd be the only competitive list. There'd be no other.

I don't believe that!  A lot of low pilot skill pilot would get blown away even before they could fire. 

Edited by devotedknight