Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
linearblade

Master Skill list spreadsheet with what classes get what

44 posts in this topic

Hmm, Arbitrators have a lot more career ranks than anyone else, as they seem to be able to learn Common Lore: War at rank 39,514... ;)

Hygric said:

Hmm, Arbitrators have a lot more career ranks than anyone else, as they seem to be able to learn Common Lore: War at rank 39,514... ;)

That should be a 2.  Now sure what happened there.  It will be fixed the next time I update.

Greetings all

Here's a spreadsheet on Google Docs listing all Skills and Talents from the core rulebook. This includes the Errata, but not the Inquisitor's Handbook. If you find any errors in the spreadsheet, feel free to email me at ryan.darkheresy@gmail.com

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pGL-_KhUtar51lnHAximYYA

I included the Errata v2.0 (http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/dark-heresy/pdf/darkheresy-errata-v2-0.pdf)

I did not include the Inquisitor's Handbook. I may get around to it, or if someone else wants to, just let me know and I'll add you as an editor on the google doc.

28/4/2009

Version 5c of the Career Table is now available HERE.  The following features are added in this version:

• Added Errata 3.0
  • Corrected Common Lore (War) level on the Skill Table
  • Corrected spelling of Agility

The Talents and Skills have also been updated.  I think I caught all the changes in the latest 3.0 version of the errata.  If you find any errors, please let me know.

bogi_khaosa said:

Wilderness Savvy is not available as a Trait.

I'm also pretty sure it's missing a few Minor Psychic Powers from DotDG,

Where is Wilderness Savvy from?  Book and page if you have it.  I'll add it in, but if it isn't directly available from some character profession, it is probably why it isn't in there.  I could well have missed some of those.  Which is a good reason this thread is here to help me catch those.

As for the psychic powers, none are in the Master List.  They are in the 11k version of my character sheet though.  I just finished verifying that they are there.  The only thing listed in the skill list is when you can take the Major/Minor Psychic Power talent and gain a new power.

What IS missing in the master skill list (and my character sheet) is the Psychic Talents from DDG.  Once again, I probably missed or skipped those because they didn't show up directly under a particular character profession.  I can add them in as well.

The next major things I am considering adding are:

1) Book reference for each talent and skill

2) Psychic Powers table (this would just be the table taken straight out of my character sheet though, so pretty easy)

Is there a master list anywhere that compiles all the skills and talents from all the DH series books so far?  I'm not so much worried about which classes get which skills and talents.  I just don't have the time to hunt through all the books every time I need to look one up to find out how it actually affects the character...especially in the middle of a game.  Many thanks for any pointers.

Please forgive if this question is answered on another thread.  I just joined the forum today...

I see lots of stuff for RT there, but not DH...are the skills and talents the same in both games? 

For example, the talent I'm currently trying to find is "elasticity."  I've been through the DH core book, Creatures Anathema, IH, RH,  DoDG, Ascension...but no luck.  (I'm actually working on compiling all the data for the opponents for an upcoming game.)

Ainegul said:

I see lots of stuff for RT there, but not DH...are the skills and talents the same in both games? 

For example, the talent I'm currently trying to find is "elasticity."  I've been through the DH core book, Creatures Anathema, IH, RH,  DoDG, Ascension...but no luck.  (I'm actually working on compiling all the data for the opponents for an upcoming game.)

Is that a Talent or a Trait?  And where did you get it from?

Edit: never mind, I found it for you.

It's not a Talent, it's a Trait.  You can find it in any discription of the Slougth (such as in DotDG) as they are, to my knowledge, the only ones who have such a vile ability ;-)

Cool!  Thank you!

So is there an easier way to look up such things than having to dig through each individual book?  An online cross-reference of skills, talents and traits would be massively cool, but I am far from knowledgable enough to start such a project.

Most of my knowledge is WFRP 2nd ed.  DH/40K is still a bit overwhelming with all the information in so very many places by the time you count in the novels, the tabletop game, the RPG...

There cannot be enough praise for this one!

Managing my two groups would be a pain in the ass as soon as it comes to raising ranks and the errata. Thank you so very very much!

Redeucer: First off, your character sheet is awesome!!!  Thanks for all your hard work.

I noticed an issue with the excel formula for Talents/Traits Benefit column.  The VLOOKUP formula leads to incorrect responses because the [range_lookup] trait is not declared.  This can be seen by looking up Sprint and Step Aside using Excel 2003 SP3.  The results for both are the benefit text for Sprint.  I modified your formula to include [range_lookup] trait set to FALSE which resolved the issue.  This forces excel to look for only exact matches instead of the first close match it finds.

Current Formula: =IF(A356="","",VLOOKUP(A356,TalentTable,6))

Modified Forumla: =IF(A356="","",VLOOKUP(A356,TalentTable,6, FALSE))

Hi everyone, this is my first post on FFG after lurking for several weeks. I started playing Dark heresy with some friends a few weeks ago but as we're all students none of us can afford the rule. Scavving off the internet and house ruling worked well enough. But then we hit a wall: skill advancement. I had no clue what everything cost. Thankfully I found this thread and downloaded the spreadsheets, but I don't know how the key works (7log, 6d, 5I etc.). Could someone explain it to me so my campaign can continue?