Sign in to follow this  
TheMoonLord

Da Cereal Killers (the khirax)

Well, the obviousmost all-k builds, which is what im looking for, are

5 cartel-20

or

4 black sun ace-23

glitterstim-2

(Edit: demote the aces and you can throw in a binarye)

But what about 4 black sun aces with lighting reflexes and inertial dampeners?

4x Black Sun Ace-23

Lightning Reflexes-1

Inertial Dampeners-1

Thoughts and comments, if you please.

Edited by TheMoonLord

Not necessarily competitive, but might be fun:

2 Blacksun Aces w/ predator, cluster missiles + glitterstim = 32 x 2

Talonbane w/ predator = 31

Leaves 5 points for Talonbane: hull + glitterstim for tanky, engine + inertial dampeners for slippery, or even a concussion missile (although not enough points for glitterstim...)

What's the thought process behind your choices of upgrades?

Glitterstim should be obvious, so I'll assume you are asking about Inertial Dampeners + Lightning Reflexes?

Inertial Dampeners lets you stay in place and since its a white move, you can activate Lightning Reflexees to turn your ship 180 degrees without moving.  Its gimmicky, but might be cool as a surprise move (or non-move).

What's the thought process behind your choices of upgrades?

Glitterstim should be obvious, so I'll assume you are asking about Inertial Dampeners + Lightning Reflexes?

Inertial Dampeners lets you stay in place and since its a white move, you can activate Lightning Reflexees to turn your ship 180 degrees without moving.  Its gimmicky, but might be cool as a surprise move (or non-move).

i dont think it works that way, LR says a maneuver on your dial, 1 white stop is on no dial. although that'd be the new hotness.

No ship will ever have a 1 white stop. That would be pretty game breaking as you could just sit there and fortress up.

Not necessarily competitive, but might be fun:

2 Blacksun Aces w/ predator, cluster missiles + glitterstim = 32 x 2

Talonbane w/ predator = 31

Leaves 5 points for Talonbane: hull + glitterstim for tanky, engine + inertial dampeners for slippery, or even a concussion missile (although not enough points for glitterstim...)

That sounds actually pretty nasty. If your opponent concerns himself with Cobra, the Aces can unleash some pretty powerful Cluster shots. I like it a lot. I'd probably go Hull and Glitterstim on Cobra. You can even do Stealth device if you are feeling lucky. Engine Upgrade and ID is also pretty good. He'll want to force the range 1 fight where he can pound you like a Phantom.

i dont think it works that way, LR says a maneuver on your dial, 1 white stop is on no dial. although that'd be the new hotness.

I'm not 100% sure how its gonna work, and it might get a FAQ, but I believe there was a thread about it where ppl were suggesting using this exact combo, so perhaps the OP saw that or thought of the idea himself.  I agree with you though that its unlikely to be legal given the wording on the spoiled Lightning Reflexes card.  If it does turn out to be legal, it would leave you double stressed, so I'm not sure how powerful that would end up being, especially if the opponent is prepared for it. 

Edited by blade_mercurial

I'm not 100% sure how its gonna work, and it might get a FAQ, but I believe there was a thread about it where ppl were suggesting using this exact combo, so perhaps the OP saw that or thought of the idea himself.  I agree with you though that its unlikely to be legal given the wording on the spoiled Lightning Reflexes card.  If it does turn out to be legal, it would leave you double stressed, so I'm not sure how powerful that would end up being, especially if the opponent is prepared for it. 

i mean i like the set up, because you have to question every round, which one, what manuever and if a thing will be used.... every turn... talk about stressful!!! i need to do a green move now... lol

That sounds actually pretty nasty. If your opponent concerns himself with Cobra, the Aces can unleash some pretty powerful Cluster shots. I like it a lot. I'd probably go Hull and Glitterstim on Cobra. You can even do Stealth device if you are feeling lucky. Engine Upgrade and ID is also pretty good. He'll want to force the range 1 fight where he can pound you like a Phantom.

After thinking about it, I'm leaning towards engine upgrade: the threat of being able to boost into range 1 will have a psychological impact on how your opponent flies, and they might make mistakes just to avoid getting hit with 5 reds having predator re-roll(s) at PS9.  Glitterstim sure is tempting though...

I'm also most excited to run this:

Cartel Merc x 3 (20 x 3)

Guri w/ Lone Wolf, Virago, Sensor Jammer, Inertial Dampeners & Autothrusters = 40

With 12 attack dice, should have enough firepower to seriously mess up any list so that by the time you're left with just Guri, she should be able to finish off whatever your opponent has left (assuming you can identify and erase the biggest threats to her early on, such as Fel, Wedge, Keyan, Ten numb, etc).

Edited by blade_mercurial

Mux + BT + crow + Reconsp + ID

2 x Cartel M + GS

2 x Blk sun Soldiers

100 pts

Mux + ITC

2 x Cartel M

1 x Blk sun ace + Calc

1 x Pirate

100 pts

After Mux does his thing, 11 to 15 attack dice depending on range 1 or 2 , result, one dead ship...hopefully  :)

I've been thinking about:

2x Black Sun Ace (23)

+ Inertial Dampeneres (1)

+ Lightning Reflexes (1)

2x Black Sun Ace (23)

+ Wingman (2) 

The first two are pretty slippery. The Wingmen help soak up the stress from ID and LR.

It almost seems like a sin to have Mux in a squad and no one have Predator, though.  Seems like a combo meant to be :)

Good point Piznit, how about,

Mux w/ outlaw T, IonTC, and GS

Blk sun Ace w/pred and GS

2 x Cartel M w/ GS

100 pts