Sign in to follow this  
Marinealver

Will the Cartel Maurauder replace the Rookie Pilot?

Well we all know that you can mass up to 5 of them when compared to only 4 of the rookie pilots, but what really gets me is the dial. :huh:

It is an X-wing that flies more like a TIE fighter. :o (1 hard turns, two different K-turn, no 1 straight).

So as I said in a previous thread one part of power creep is displacement. (Example the Brobots replacing the buzzsaw shuttles.) Will the Kihraxz fighter place the Rookie Pilot on the funeral pyre?

screenshot-3.jpg

Well we all know that you can mass up to 5 of them when compared to only 4 of the rookie pilots, but what really gets me is the dial. :huh:

It is an X-wing that flies more like a TIE fighter. :o (1 hard turns, two different K-turn, no 1 straight).

So as I said in a previous thread one part of power creep is displacement. (Example the Brobots replacing the buzzsaw shuttles.) Will the Kihraxz fighter place the Rookie Pilot on the funeral pyre?

screenshot-3.jpg

I didn't realise scum could take x wings.

I was likewise surprised by rebels taking the unpronounceable.

Live and learn I guess.

Pretty much. It's kind of just a better X Wing. At first I wanted to suggest rookie with an R7 as a better use of the ~20 point range, but at 23 points you get PS 5 and an ept. A great deal IMO for the extra 3 points. Even just for 1 point EPTs.

It has a better dial, it's costed better, so yeah, it's a better X Wing. What, can we not compare ships cross faction?

Edited by ParaGoomba Slayer

Pretty much. It's kind of just a better X Wing. At first I wanted to suggest rookie with an R7 as a better use of the ~20 point range, but at 23 points you get PS 5 and an ept. A great deal IMO for the extra 3 points. Even just for 1 point EPTs.

It has a better dial, it's costed better, so yeah, it's a better X Wing. What, can we not compare ships cross faction?

No. No you can't.

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Well, maybe.

Th thing is, no one was running generic X anyway, so it's not like it's getting replaced unless Rebel players make th switch to scum just to fly an expy for the main ship of the game. The named X-wing pilots still see play from time to time because, you know, Tarn, Luke and Biggs are just too good to pass up in certain lists.

Special K shows FFG does learn and pays attention to the Meta and what players say they want. Now we just wait to see if they do actually make the changes necessary to make the X more like scum k.

No. No you can't.

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Well, maybe.

Th thing is, no one was running generic X anyway, so it's not like it's getting replaced unless Rebel players make the switch to scum just to fly an expy for the main ship of the game. The named X-wing pilots still see play from time to time because, you know, Tarn, Luke and Biggs are just too good to pass up in certain lists.

Special K shows FFG does learn and pays attention to the Meta and what players say they want. Now we just wait to see if they do actually make the changes necessary to make the X more like scum k.

Not quite no one. There have been 8 regional top 8s with at least one rookie in the list. Biggs and Wedge seem to be the best. Luke, Tarn, and Garven have all shown up in regionals as well.

Just wait for the T-70 pack

This was my guess as well. I find it unfortunate that we have to wait so long, I was expecting maybe something in the Kihraxz that says "Kihraxz or X-wing" only, maybe titled along the lines "Assault Refit." No idea what it would be capable of, just hopeful to see the X-wing brought back into "X-Wing."

On that note, I'll be sure to make an Xzibit meme once that happens.

Edited by Skargoth

For people who've been wanting to fly five generic starfighters with X-Wing stats, this will probably help them scratch that itch.

For people who prefer flying Rebels, this will do nothing for them.

I'm more curious if the Cartel Marauder will displace what little space the Scyk had carved out for itself. It's a superior ship in almost every way.

thing is, this isn't power-creep.

the generic X-wing was kinda shite from the get go, leaving the tie fighter to dominate things for a long time

the generic special-K being stronger isn't an example of power creep as much as FFG knowing the the X-wing is shite and not wanting to release another shite ship

plus, the generic X-wing was already kicked to the scrap heap by the B-wing quite a long time ago, and thank god for since it gave rebels a very solid generic to work off of. Introduction of the z-95 and the new y-wing titles of course don't help matters at all.

granted, the generic X-wing isn't alone as every non-fighter Wave 1 ship needed a fix/addition due to being horribly inefficient (but ordnance, guys!) so hopefully it'll get its due some day.

similarly, buzzsaw shuttles and aggressors have basically nothing in common other than that they're on large bases and have one arc. They're different factions with different capabilities (including wildly different costs, buzzsaw being cheaper than even a naked aggressor) that don't fill the same role (aggressors being fat, buzzsaw being...buzzsaw?)

Edited by ficklegreendice

For people who've been wanting to fly five generic starfighters with X-Wing stats, this will probably help them scratch that itch.

I'm more curious if the Cartel Marauder will displace what little space the Scyk had carved out for itself. It's a superior ship in almost every way.

The Heavy Syck Mangler vs Cartel Marauder isn't even a close contest. The Marauder wins hands down.

The only Scyk I think will still get some play is Serissu in a weird Biggs-lite role running Draw their Fire (this placed top 8 in Manitoba, 28 players) but I think it's going to be not very common.

Other than that, Marauders all the way.

Is 5K even a consideration instead of 4K+Serissu?

Edit: After further thought I guess 5K could be better. I'd like to try four with Serissu weaving around or hanging back for the bonus.

Edited by Skargoth