Sign in to follow this  
Tolwyn

Ramming Speed!

Actually picking my way through the first post I now see the OP doesn't understand the overlap or movement rules.

if the ships are at low speeds they won t be able to end up in a position where they don t overlap finishing their movement 

so they get stuck infront in a "traffic jam"

Yes and no. At the same time, I gave seen a speed 2 CR90 go right past a VSD. The smaller base means more effective turns. If they are trying to slug it out at slow speed than they either need to learn or you need to play nicer. If those don't happen they will likely quit

Actually picking my way through the first post I now see the OP doesn't understand the overlap or movement rules.

if the ships are at low speeds they won t be able to end up in a position where they don t overlap finishing their movement 

so they get stuck infront in a "traffic jam"

Why? Why would any Rebel ship be flying directly into the front arc of a VSD at Speed 2?

The Corvette has no reason to ever deliberately point itself towards the VSDs front arc let alone do so at anything but max speed.

The Assault Frigate also has no reason to fly directly towards a VSD as it's weapon layout demands that it circle any target it had hostile intentions towards.

The Neb-B is the only Rebel ship that would deliberately fly straight towards a VSD, but it isn't going to be moving at Speed 2 if it is doing so. It will be moving even slower in order to maintain distance. As a result the odds are one of the two ships will be dead before the actually overlap let alone cause a "traffic jam".

You've provided no reason for why the Rebel player is going to be forced in to the "trap" you've set for them. They have no reason to fly thier ships directly at a VSD at the middling speeds required. Does your entire stratedgy rely on your opponents being completely inept? And if so is that stratedgy actually worth utilizing let alone promoting?

Another big deal as well: A temporarily reduced speed (even if it is reduced to zero) will not rob a ship of tokens, as its dial is not reduced to zero. Of course they will find it pretty hard to evade, though.

I dunno guys, it looks like Trollwyn has discovered an unbeatable strategy.

Trollwyn. Funny.

Give the guy a break. From his mere two posts, he sounds like a newbie who's merely expressing his new-found enthusiasm with the game. He may have misunderstood some rules or have gotten impressions based on his first few games. That does not make him a troll.   

I dunno guys, it looks like Trollwyn has discovered an unbeatable strategy.

Trollwyn. Funny.

Give the guy a break. From his mere two posts, he sounds like a newbie who's merely expressing his new-found enthusiasm with the game. He may have misunderstood some rules or have gotten impressions based on his first few games. That does not make him a troll.

. You sir deserve a delicious cookie! :D