Sign in to follow this  
Desslok

No more books, please!

Hmmm.  My books are, somewhat unfortunately, stored in a box with all the other material I cart to game sessions.  But I have this plan to get a glass curio case for all my X-Wing and Armada miniatures... and the bottom shelf would be perfect for all the EotE books.

I've always known that for miniatures games you have to plan storage solutions into your budget.  It never occurred to me that I would need to do the same for a role-playing game.  :)

You know, they sell this substance called "wood" which, when combined with nails, can make another shelf for more books. :)

Actually, books are made of paper which is itself made of that same substance. Perhaps with careful arrangement, you could make a shelf for the books out of the books. You'd have to remove and replace the books only in careful order and no more than three at a time. It is the book shelf that Escher would buy.

I have all of the currently released not-beta FFG star wars rpg books (and game master screens) and plan to buy all of the new ones.  Right now my books are being stored in my game bag, which is a duffle bag that I've had since high school (I graduated from high school in 1994) it's original purpose was to carry textbooks and notebooks.  my game bag is now barely large enough to carry all the books and the (WotC) miniatures and my laptop (background music and zooming in on the galaxy map, and all my reference material/master plan) and my dice.... soon I will have to start making choices... basically to not carry the adventure books unless I'm going to use the adventure book for that session, I pretty much just buy them for completeness and occasional reference since I don't have time to read the adventure books.

Even if I never played the game, they're just so darned pretty that I'd have to buy them all!

I don't really store mine anywhere.  They're either sitting on the dining room table from the last session, upstairs awaiting the next session, or stuffed in a carry-on roller case for a convention.  My stack is starting to get impressively large, however.

Yet another reason for pdf's...

Oh if only! But you probably are aware that because of archaic legal jargon, they can't publish game books in an electronic format because that would be classed as a "computer game" or whatever nonsense term was used. Hopefully this will get resolved. For many of us, it would just be a big convenience. For yourself, I imagine it would be much more valuable. I suppose all we can do is keep pestering them about it to keep fixing this silly issue on their To Do list. :(

Dear FFG -

With the release of Desperate Allies, my gaming book bookshelf has no more room on it. I physically cannot put more material on it. So, please stop printing new EotE, AoR and F&D material.

Thank you very much.

SHUT YA MOUTH... REBEL SCUM!

Oh if only! But you probably are aware that because of archaic legal jargon, they can't publish game books in an electronic format because that would be classed as a "computer game" or whatever nonsense term was used. Hopefully this will get resolved. For many of us, it would just be a big convenience. For yourself, I imagine it would be much more valuable. I suppose all we can do is keep pestering them about it to keep fixing this silly issue on their To Do list. :(

..No pdfs = no piracy,.,, TBH I prefer a hardcopy. I hope FFG don't negotiate a pdf deal... the amount of torrents for PFRPG is appalling. Besides, for me, just having the EotE Core Rules (& dice LOL), Wookipedia and the Officail Atlas I can keep gaming for years, I'm just keeping my eyes open for 2nd hand d6 & d20 stuff too... pdfs? No thanks FFG.. stuff that.. give me nice fat, chunky, chock full of art hardcopies only. Just to give the torrent sites the metaphorical single finger.

..No pdfs = no piracy,.,, TBH I prefer a hardcopy. I hope FFG don't negotiate a pdf deal... the amount of torrents for PFRPG is appalling. Besides, for me, just having the EotE Core Rules (& dice LOL), Wookipedia and the Officail Atlas I can keep gaming for years, I'm just keeping my eyes open for 2nd hand d6 & d20 stuff too... pdfs? No thanks FFG.. stuff that.. give me nice fat, chunky, chock full of art hardcopies only. Just to give the torrent sites the metaphorical single finger.

You're funny... No PDFs just means that the PDFs you do find aren't from legal sources. But they do get out, within hours of a book being sold.

Seriously? That is ridiculous. I hate that kind of legal non-sense. It is a book of information. Not an interactive program. UGH!!!

Seriously? That is ridiculous. I hate that kind of legal non-sense. It is a book of information. Not an interactive program. UGH!!!

It's a license that was written back in the mid-80s.

Dear FFG -

With the release of Desperate Allies, my gaming book bookshelf has no more room on it. I physically cannot put more material on it. So, please stop printing new EotE, AoR and F&D material.

Thank you very much.

I decided a while ago to only buy RPG core books and possibly adventures. Rules supplements are out. It's not a hard and fast rule but I generally follow it these days. I just need the F&D book and Beginners game then I am set for now. I am not even buying adventures in this line right now. No PDFs make them impractical for me (especially hard cover ones).

I understand that that and am against piracy. I have bought numerous PDFs over the years. But this is really useful to many of us. IMO, watermarking and legal action can be a good counter-measure. Or possibly there are DRM methods available that can afford some protection.

I bought tools to make more shelves to hold more books.  Plus I would buy them all again in PDF format if the licensing were ever to change.   :lol:

You could buy two copies of each book — one to slice up and scan, and one to keep.

Just an idea. ;)

I bought tools to make more shelves to hold more books.  Plus I would buy them all again in PDF format if the licensing were ever to change.   :lol:

You could buy two copies of each book — one to slice up and scan, and one to keep.

Just an idea. ;)

Ain't nobody got time for that.  

No pdfs = no piracy,.,, TBH I prefer a hardcopy. I hope FFG don't negotiate a pdf deal... the amount of torrents for PFRPG is appalling. Besides, for me, just having the EotE Core Rules (& dice LOL), Wookipedia and the Officail Atlas I can keep gaming for years, I'm just keeping my eyes open for 2nd hand d6 & d20 stuff too... pdfs? No thanks FFG.. stuff that.. give me nice fat, chunky, chock full of art hardcopies only. Just to give the torrent sites the metaphorical single finger.

No pdf's also means blind players, like myself and others on this forum, are left out... unless we do something naughty.

I protested. Marched around in front of FFG's offices with signs and everything. Learned Braille signs are not the best way to get the message out... Also learned not to trust my brother to take me to a protest. Pretty sure FFG's office isn't a pizzeria.

Just an idea. ;)

Ain't nobody got time for that.  

Obviously some do.