Sign in to follow this  
bdshow

Would Video Tutorials be Helpful?

Awesome vid, the dice are a little blurry, but it's probably because of the size of the symbols on the dice.

1 suggestion though, adding more description to the vid to help new players find it easier. Example: How to Play Age of Rebellion: Part 1 Dice, How to Play Age of Rebellion: Part 2 Character Generation ect...

Take a look at Oggdude's Character generator here: https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/89135-another-character-generator/, it is awesome and helps create and track not only characters but other things as well. I still suggest doing the vid though for people that may not have access to the generator.

NO

A well written article with PICTURES is so much better.  I have gotten so tired of poorly edited 15 minute videos that could have been easily summed up in less then 500 words and taken me a third of the time to read

**** whipper snappers and their waste of time videos

Yeah, videos are a bit of a waste in this regards. An indexed document is far better as it allows for searching and reading out of order to better understand. Videos really only work for things like video game tutorials where you need to show the exact maneuver being done in the game.

NO

A well written article with PICTURES is so much better.  I have gotten so tired of poorly edited 15 minute videos that could have been easily summed up in less then 500 words and taken me a third of the time to read

**** whipper snappers and their waste of time videos

Oh god, yes.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade -certainly someone must enjoy these video tutorials- but subjecting myself to blurry, shaky videos, bad sound, and bad lighting is certainly not my idea of a good time. It's the same reason I don't listen to podcasts: I don't want to ride the volume while I listen to someone try to become an 'internet personality'.

"Just the facts, ma'am."

Trust me I have no interest in being an internet personality...My day job is being a personality ha ha. For me it's very helpful. I am an avid reader too, but if I were to read something I go straight to the Book itself. Sure articles can help, but I love videos about a product I'm interested in...especially when the only videos available are 3 hour play sessions. If you aren't familiar with this type of game at all things like this can help.

That being said I listen to hours of podcasts every week too. We might just be from different strokes.

Possibly! And again I wouldn't want to take the wind out of your sails. But I'm the sort of person that, even when I'm on a news website, if I see that an article I'm interested in is a video, I'll skip it, because I just can't handle bad sound, commercials, etc... I just want to read the info at my own speed.

Possibly! And again I wouldn't want to take the wind out of your sails. But I'm the sort of person that, even when I'm on a news website, if I see that an article I'm interested in is a video, I'll skip it, because I just can't handle bad sound, commercials, etc... I just want to read the info at my own speed.

Gotcha, now that I totally agree with. IGN for instance I almost always skip the videos in favor for an article, that being said I'm sure there's a niche for it somewhere.

Trust me I have no interest in being an internet personality...My day job is being a personality ha ha. For me it's very helpful. I am an avid reader too, but if I were to read something I go straight to the Book itself. Sure articles can help, but I love videos about a product I'm interested in...especially when the only videos available are 3 hour play sessions. If you aren't familiar with this type of game at all things like this can help.

That being said I listen to hours of podcasts every week too. We might just be from different strokes.

General play sessions are not that useful. But something like TableTop Gaming where the lighting, audio, etc... is done right and with good post-production editing to smooth out the gameplay (editing out the redos, the umms, ahhs, jokes that don't belong, etc..., adding graphics to help explain something, cameras to capture the dice or graphics to show off the result, etc...).

Edited by Kallabecca

Very true. Someone said he's doing a Pen and Paper RPG soon.

But for those interested camera quality and lighting will be vastly better for episode 4 and on.

New lighting and Green Screen are in. Ready to go.

Edited by bdshow

Very true. Someone said he's doing a Pen and Paper RPG soon.

But for those interested camera quality and lighting will be vastly better for episode 4 and on.

They've already released several episodes of the RPG. (something is generally released on Thursdays for TableTop. Other shows are released on other days).