Sign in to follow this  
Khyros

Will the twin laser turret breathe life back into the (rebel) HWKs?

Typically, my "Does ____ breathe new life back into _____" posts have answered a resounding  "No".

Does the Advanced X1 title breath new life into the Advanced? :P

Did Chardan Refit and Awing Test Pilot breath new life into the Awing?

Edited by Rakaydos

Typically, my "Does ____ breathe new life back into _____" posts have answered a resounding  "No".

Neither of those fixes received a title like that, mate. We didn't have to ask.

Also, I've not seen Chardaan or Test Pilot As in quite some time. Maybe Prockets fixed 'em best, lol

have both what?

Two different turret upgrades.

It has fancy mechanics in order to represent a high accuracy low damage weapon.

But why would two laser cannons in a turret be a high accuracy, low damage weapon?

I'm not saying they shouldn't have a turret like this.  I'm saying a Twin Laser Turret shouldn't be that turret.

Edited by DarthEnderX

have both what?

But why would two laser cannons in a turret be a high accuracy, low damage weapon?

I'm not saying they shouldn't have a turret like this.  I'm saying a Twin Laser Turret shouldn't be that turret.

https://youtu.be/3ME5jhsgmB4?t=120

Does Emperor Palpatine breathe new life into the Defender?

(Spoiler alert: he absolutely does)

have both what?

I think this is actually more of a rapid fire low damage weapon. High accuracy would be more like a 3 or 4 dice attack that changes a blank to a hit, and then cancels results and does 1 damage.

It might help. It could be good to see the actual card before planning too much with it.

Pretty much right on the mark, but lets see what do we know about it.

1. It is a secondary weapon with the header ATTACK on it so that is the one thing we can be certain.
  2. It has turret in the title so it can be reasonably assumed that it will occupy the turret upgrade slot. Under that assumption it can be equipped on the HWK-290 and on the Y-wing and of course the K-wing which it comes with. Since S&V have HWK-290s and Y-wings that faction can equip that upgrade as well. Also the Y-wing could use BTL-A4 title with it.
  3. As for the text we can safely assume as a turret secondary weapon upgrade it will include may make attacks outside of firing arc (unless you put it on a BTL-A4). Other than that we don't know what the rest of the effects  from text are.

We don't know the range, firepower or point cost, so pretty much the rest is merely unfounded speculation. This is all the information that can bee ascertained from the official spoiler. (Edit: forgot about the unofficial spoilers.)

From the unofficial spoiler (If I could read this fuzzy card text.)

1. It will have range 2-3 (I can tell that none of the numbers there are 1s)
  2. It may cost 6 (it is hard to tell)
  3. It will have 2 or 3 firepower (again the picture is that fuzzy)

I don't know how to read espanol and cant type it in because if I zoom in anymore it becomes a mosaic.

k-wing-102.png

Edited by Marinealver

I think it will be a good upgrade, and will certainly add something to make the ship more efficient. They pretty much are no good at Range 1 already, so it isn't likely you'll be aiming for that anyways.

It really doesn't feel like a support ship when you need to be range 1-2 to be effective. Feels more like you are dog fighting, which the ship was not made to do.

High fire rate, low powered blasts.

Doesn't sound like the kind of weapon that wouldn't be usable at Range 1.  I would say from those stats that it was more like a flak cannon.

I guess that's my complaint.  This turret is all useful game mechanics, with no making sense in the lore.

Nothing in the K-Wing's description describes it as having some kind of crazy laser machine gun turret.

Edited by DarthEnderX

I don't know how to read espanol and cant type it in because if I zoom in anymore it becomes a mosaic.

k-wing-102.png

I do speak Spanish, and of all cards spoiled by Edge, that one is one of the few where the whole card is totally readable.

It says what people say it says: Twin laser turret. Cost 6. Turret. Attack 3, range 2-3. Perform this attack twice even to enemies out from your firing arc. If an attack hits, the defender suffers one damage, then cancel all dice results. 

That screenshot is from a video posted in Edge's Twitter, where the camera zoomed in to the miniature, making the closest cards to it more readable. And from that video we can read the PS-6 and PS-8 K-Wing pilot abilities:

PS6: When a friendly ship at range 1-2 is attacked, they can use your Focus tokens as if they were theirs.

Edited by Azrapse

k-wing-102.png

I do speak Spanish, and of all cards spoiled by Edge, that one is one of the few where the whole card is totally readable.

It says what people say it says: Twin laser turret. Cost 6. Turret. Attack 3, range 2-3. Perform this attack twice even to enemies out from your firing arc. If an attack hits, the defender suffers one damage, then cancel all dice results. 

That screenshot is from a video posted in Edge's Twitter, where the camera zoomed in to the miniature, making the closest cards to it more readable. And from that video we can read the PS-6 and PS-8 K-Wing pilot abilities:

PS6: When a friendly ship at range 1-2 is attacked, they can use your Focus tokens as if they were theirs.

So it acts sort of a mid to long range combination cluster missile ion turret without the ion token. I will say that it is alot of damage loss with a maximum damage of 2 (assuming both attacks hit). BTL-A$ and HORTOn will like them. Kavil might have some fun with it. As for the HWKs well they can now not suck at range 3.

High fire rate, low powered blasts.

Doesn't sound like the kind of weapon that wouldn't be usable at Range 1.  I would say from those stats that it was more like a flak cannon.

I guess that's my complaint.  This turret is all useful game mechanics, with no making sense in the lore.

Nothing in the K-Wing's description describes it as having some kind of crazy laser machine gun turret.

I don't know, maybe it's too heavy to slew quickly for close-range shots.  This was a problem that planes encountered during WWII, as defensive systems made planes more durable, machine guns were more frequently replaced by cannons on fighters.  Bombers, whose turrets were always suspect, couldn't put cannons in their turrets because they were too heavy.  Maybe this is something more like that.  It's a heavy turret designed to bombard from long ranges, but it can't respond quickly enough for close in defensive work.  You can justify anything in a game with a bit of imagination.  I've had lots of experience from years of Warhammer 40k.   

k-wing-102.png

So it acts sort of a mid to long range combination cluster missile ion turret without the ion token. I will say that it is alot of damage loss with a maximum damage of 2 (assuming both attacks hit). BTL-A$ and HORTOn will like them. Kavil might have some fun with it. As for the HWKs well they can now not suck at range 3.

Warthogs will be making 3 attacks with this turret. Thank allah they don't have access to Vader :P

k-wing-102.png

Warthogs will be making 3 attacks with this turret. Thank allah they don't have access to Vader :P

But the most damage they can do is 4, since the TLT only does 1 damage per attack.

It seems like an attempt to make a weapon that can break past the fixed 2 evade damage mitigation that is used by the top tier builds (Soontir + autothrusters, C-3PO + Falcon title, Isard + Palatine). Having more attacks allows to strip evade tokens and automatic evade upgrades (C-3PO) without adding a lot of damage so it use seems rather conditional (sort of like autothrusters).

However it is nice that they are trying to make counters to C-3PO like cards. I think all this damage mitigation is making point fortresses more powerful.

But the most damage they can do is 4, since the TLT only does 1 damage per attack.

It seems like an attempt to make a weapon that can break past the fixed 2 evade damage mitigation that is used by the top tier builds (Soontir + autothrusters, C-3PO + Falcon title, Isard + Palatine). Having more attacks allows to strip evade tokens and automatic evade upgrades (C-3PO) without adding a lot of damage so it use seems rather conditional (sort of like autothrusters).

However it is nice that they are trying to make counters to C-3PO like cards. I think all this damage mitigation is making point fortresses more powerful.

While 4 is the most damage they can do they are more likely to do 4 damage than anything else that can do 4 damage on an attack. Though really unless you are using a stress droid I think using the title with this turret isn't the best idea but I am a huge fan of the ion also I like getting my warthog into range 1 and thats a bad idea with this turret.