Sign in to follow this  
Chief Hugh

Will the Kihraxz face the same problems as the X-wing?

So if the X-Wing is overcosted compared to the B-Wing, what about a simple upgrade like the Charrdan Refit?

Blahblah Refit, X-Wing only, Torpedo upgrade, -1 squad points.

And I agree that it could come in a Rebel Aces 2 pack, that has two X-Wing repaints and/or remodels, and has a bunch of nifty Astromechs and titles for X-Wings as well.

I know what will make the X Wing better! Further discourage the use of ordnance. What a great idea.

What if the Khirasz is not only an interesting ship for S&V but a test bad for recosting the X-Wing?

You forgot this:

358086.jpg

Sorry but this picture really makes no sense.

First of all cards that are already out can not be re-costed. It will have to be reprinted and that will only come with a re-release of the core set with new Rookie pilot cards. However if they do that then what about the rookie pilot card in the X-wing expansion or how about those that bought the rebel transport. Seriously to re-cost a ship like that would be a nightmare for FFG and even more so for those that play X-wing.

With that being said I'll just leave this here.

frabz-What-if-i-told-you-you-used-the-wr

Geez, this again. I dunno what's supposed to be broken more, the X-wing or ordinance.

There's always been upgrades that only work in certain situations and others that seem to be perfect for almost every build or tailor made for certain pilots. Also certain pilots or ships just aren't gonna be autowin or OP, so they must be broken.

Th Xwing just needs an extra hull and maybe a BR. Ordinance just needs certain pilots with the right action economy to work a little better and be more attractive. But nobody wants to write the title for the x or make an upgrade to give a free refill or two when firing secondary weapons that spend TLs. Make it a mod and be done.

What if the Khirasz is not only an interesting ship for S&V but a test bad for recosting the X-Wing?

You forgot this:

358086.jpg

Sorry but this picture really makes no sense.

First of all cards that are already out can not be re-costed. It will have to be reprinted and that will only come with a re-release of the core set with new Rookie pilot cards. However if they do that then what about the rookie pilot card in the X-wing expansion or how about those that bought the rebel transport. Seriously to re-cost a ship like that would be a nightmare for FFG and even more so for those that play X-wing.

With that being said I'll just leave this here.

frabz-What-if-i-told-you-you-used-the-wr

Actually, I totally agree a straight recosting would be AWFUL, but I don't think they'll ever do that. However, they might do something like Charadaan Refit, which is basically a recosting (really, all A-wings are cheaper now, and missiles just cost +2). My meme was meant as more of a response to Ixidor's post, which just sounded a little conspiracy like to me. I will agree my meme missed the mark, and yours was spot on.

54946242.jpg

So if the X-Wing is overcosted compared to the B-Wing, what about a simple upgrade like the Charrdan Refit?

And I agree that it could come in a Rebel Aces 2 pack, that has two X-Wing repaints and/or remodels, and has a bunch of nifty Astromechs and titles for X-Wings as well.

I know what will make the X Wing better! Further discourage the use of ordnance. What a great idea.

Because if they did a refit card, that means they can't improve ordnance as well.  :P

If X-Wings cost 20 points with a refit, and you fly 5, you're not going to have any points for anything else anyway.

Because if they did a refit card, that means they can't improve ordnance as well.  :P

If X-Wings cost 20 points with a refit, and you fly 5, you're not going to have any points for anything else anyway.

It wouldn't stop them from improving ordnance, but it would effectively prevent running it on an X-Wing. After all, the only missile run on A-Wings anymore is Proton Rockets, and even then it's rare because of the +2 cost for them.

The new S&V fighter has a lot going for it.  Good dial (sucks it does not have a 1 straight though) and illicit seems to be better than an astromech.  I've always though missiles were better than torps. 

The new S&V fighter has a lot going for it.  Good dial (sucks it does not have a 1 straight though) and illicit seems to be better than an astromech.  I've always though missiles were better than torps. 

Yup... still would like to have the option of astros in the back like E-Wings, but that is a very small issue for me.

:)

I'm excited to fly 5 of them, and 4 with upgrades.

You could go with 2 Autothrusters Starvipers and 2 Kirgehsjidllckkxzs, you have a lot of wiggle room for upgrades if you don't care about PS. Maybe give up one of the Kiraufjdnxnxnfxzs for Torkil to help a little with PS?

I'm excited to try them out, at the very least 5x Kirahfkdmfxz will be good simply because you have 5 attacks of three. 5x Autothruster Alpha Squadron is good already. BBBB(Z) might give it a run for its money though.

I'm excited to fly 5 of them, and 4 yourwith upgrades.

You could go with 2 Autothrusters Starvipers and 2 Kirgehsjidllckkxzs, you have a lot of wiggle room for upgrades if you don't care about PS. Maybe give up one of the Kiraufjdnxnxnfxzs for Torkil to help a little with PS?

I'm excited to try them out, at the very least 5x Kirahfkdmfxz will be good simply because you have 5 attacks of three. 5x Autothruster Alpha Squadron is good already. BBBB(Z) might give it a run for its money though.

I'm thinking the winner of 4BZ could be often decided by initiative. Less hit points, but more agility and your fifth ship has 3 attack. At all PS2, the squad who can get off the first volley will be at a high advantage. I'd expect a ship to go down in the first turn and probably the second also.

15 red dice, none in agility-vunerable two die packages.

Prior to the Kihraxz I'd say that'd be a great idea. I think  the Kihraxz is better at it than the X-wing though, which makes trying to give the X-wing that ability a little pointless unless the X-wing goes to 19 and can use its astromechs. I think the X-wing needs to be stronger rather than cheaper.

Edited by Blue Five

I thought the preview was boring compared to the YV666 article. Nothing really stood out to me other than the 2 k turn.

I think they have to release a Xwing boost now.

the special-k is a much smaller pack releasing what is essentially a jouster+ to the scum arsenal, so it's not going to be as exciting as bossk :P

as long as it's useful, though, it'll more than earn its place

I think a good question is whether the X-Wing is really that bad off.

It has been featured in 22 of the top 8 lists that are currently known in the Regionals Lists thread and two of them won (the second one being Mesa, which was not updated in the OP last I checked).

Cross-posted:

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/180934-new-article-about-the-kihraxz-%E2%80%94-lightning-reflexes/page-6#entry1668161

All the negative on the x-wing. Need I remind everyone that wedge biggs with a gold and bandit just won reginals in Arizona.

Wedge and Biggs are by far the best X-wing pilots. The complaint is primarily against the Rookie Pilot. Wedge has a jousting efficiency around 100%. If you value Biggs' ability at 4 points then he does too. This is exactly why I made this post earlier in this very thread - the math clearly predicts which specific pilots should be doing well in the meta.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/180934-new-article-about-the-kihraxz-%E2%80%94-lightning-reflexes/page-3#entry1667983

Edit:

Also think about when the X-Wing appeared in the game. They just couldnt consider everything that would happen in further releases.

Use math. Get balanced game at launch. Later releases won't detract from the X-wing because you have already established it as the baseline standard ship.

In wave 1 the cost effectiveness was all over the board. The best ship (TIE Fighter) inevitably ended up becoming the future baseline. They could have made the other 3 ships at a similar power level, and then they all would have been viable.

I think a good question is whether the X-Wing is really that bad off.

It has been featured in 22 of the top 8 lists that are currently known in the Regionals Lists thread and two of them won (the second one being Mesa, which was not updated in the OP last I checked).

Cross-posted:

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/180934-new-article-about-the-kihraxz-%E2%80%94-lightning-reflexes/page-6#entry1668161

All the negative on the x-wing. Need I remind everyone that wedge biggs with a gold and bandit just won reginals in Arizona.

Wedge and Biggs are by far the best X-wing pilots. The complaint is primarily against the Rookie Pilot. Wedge has a jousting efficiency around 100%. If you value Biggs' ability at 4 points then he does too. This is exactly why I made this post earlier in this very thread - the math clearly predicts which specific pilots should be doing well in the meta.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/180934-new-article-about-the-kihraxz-%E2%80%94-lightning-reflexes/page-3#entry1667983

Edit:

Also think about when the X-Wing appeared in the game. They just couldnt consider everything that would happen in further releases.

Use math. Get balanced game at launch. Later releases won't detract from the X-wing because you have already established it as the baseline standard ship.

In wave 1 the cost effectiveness was all over the board. The best ship (TIE Fighter) inevitably ended up becoming the future baseline. They could have made the other 3 ships at a similar power level, and then they all would have been viable.

Even considering that, aren't there 8 lists that specifically have rookies in top 8s? Is it fair to assume the XXXZZZ, BBXZZZ, BXAAAZ were rookies? Not winning but at least contending. We even saw Garven, Tarn, and Luke a bit (IIRC, more Luke than the other two). Blue squads do definitely seem to be in favor over rookies (both mathematically and when reviewing the lists) but they are there. If those lists could free up a point and take blue instead? Yeah, I guess they probably would in most cases.

I'm actually more excited about the Black Sun Ace as I am about the Marauder. 23 points and an EPT lets you equip a lot of different things and stay under that sweet spot at 25. They also can out PS nearly every generic too.

I want to run 4 of them all with Determination and Dampeners. 16 hull is quite a bit and you are sure to draw a few pilot crits in there. It would be cool to have your entire squad immune to the **** blind pilot crit.

KKKKZ will also be pretty good. Give all the Krraaazzzzz's Glitterstim and pop that in the joust. It will give you a huge advantage over BBBBZ.

I'm actually more excited about the Black Sun Ace as I am about the Marauder. 23 points and an EPT lets you equip a lot of different things and stay under that sweet spot at 25. They also can out PS nearly every generic too.

I want to run 4 of them all with Determination and Dampeners. 16 hull is quite a bit and you are sure to draw a few pilot crits in there. It would be cool to have your entire squad immune to the **** blind pilot crit.

KKKKZ will also be pretty good. Give all the Krraaazzzzz's Glitterstim and pop that in the joust. It will give you a huge advantage over BBBBZ.

You might consider Lightning Reflexes for your one-point EPT as well. It provides an extra level of unpredictability on top of damps that could be psychologically damaging to your opponent.

Determ is a good choice as well. Adding some toughness to the ship is not a bad idea. What normally happens to me when I take ships like Leebo, a Y-Wing with R5, or determ is that the ship with the ability never gets a critical hit. Feels wasted. But it has got to happen some of the time.