Sign in to follow this  
GameCafe

Worlds Format

"Your name is now on the guest list, you do not need to provide a ticket on site. Check-in for the event starts at 11:00 am, the tournament will start promptly at noon. Please provide your own tokens, ships, damage deck, and two copies of your 300-point fleet list."

From the confirmation email. 

"Your name is now on the guest list, you do not need to provide a ticket on site. Check-in for the event starts at 11:00 am, the tournament will start promptly at noon. Please provide your own tokens, ships, damage deck, and two copies of your 300-point fleet list."

From the confirmation email.

Hmmmm wave 2 should be out at that time so 1e should get to see how Impstar's and MC's do at Worlds

If Wave 2 is out then FFG will up it to 400 points.

If the Wave 2 ships require the point level bump then it would be absolutely nuts for FFG to hold a Worlds Championship at a point level that thier releases aren't designed to be played at.

They have had releases for thier games with even less lead up for a big event.

If Wave 2 releases in September do you think they are just going to opt to not have it be legal, since as you said there isn't enough time to practice, or do you think it will be legal and just be at a point level it isn't designed to be played at? Because I think the latter option is really untenable because then you have both the limited practice time you brought up and also playing models in a format they aren't meant for.

The only way I'd expect that Wave 2 be available and not legal, with the bump to 400pts, is if it were to be released weeks not months before the event. And I think that would have less to do with practice time and more to do with ensuring availability and putting out an FAQ.

Edited by ScottieATF

To further confuse issues, I got the following response to an email on the matter:

"Any adjustments to the tournament structure will we reflected in the latest tournament release. If wave 2 is in stores with enough time, it will be legal. But I do not know the production schedule for the exact release date."

I appreciate the prompt and friendly response, but that seems rather... vague... What constitutes "enough time"?  I'm not even sure if he was referring to Worlds or just tournaments in general.

To further confuse issues, I got the following response to an email on the matter:

"Any adjustments to the tournament structure will we reflected in the latest tournament release. If wave 2 is in stores with enough time, it will be legal. But I do not know the production schedule for the exact release date."

I appreciate the prompt and friendly response, but that seems rather... vague... What constitutes "enough time"?  I'm not even sure if he was referring to Worlds or just tournaments in general.

Likely a full month. I personally would love to see wave 2 at 300 pts. I think it will be great. I know I have played wave 1 at 180 and it works fine.

Actually if the release is September I can totally see them keeping it at 300 since that won't allow enough time to practice.

September my @$$. They aren't even to the printer yet. I think FFG knows that wave 2 won't ACTUALLY come out until right at world's/slightly after.

Actually if the release is September I can totally see them keeping it at 300 since that won't allow enough time to practice.

September my @$$. They aren't even to the printer yet. I think FFG knows that wave 2 won't ACTUALLY come out until right at world's/slightly after.
Actually, it could be done and in the warehouse, just waiting on getting shipped to be packaged.

If I recall, shipping is done by schedule, so FFG would have to await the ship they have a contract with, or the company, and from there wait on them to pick up, deliver, pick up and ship