Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Filter

Hound' Tooth preview

230 posts in this topic

I still say the only "if" is "if you miss".  You get a stress if you don't have one, but that isn't the end of the IF-THEN loop.  It is a clause.  The THEN part is the focus and target lock.

ViscerothSWG likes this

Based on Bossk's cost I think it's unlikely that, post FAQ, you'll still get the target lock and focus if you were already stressed. Possible though.

Based on Bossk's cost I think it's unlikely that, post FAQ, you'll still get the target lock and focus if you were already stressed. Possible though.

IG-2000 title costs 0 points. Its definitely worth more then that.

I don't see why not.

Compare Bossk to a Fire Control System. It's the same cost and provides a target lock after every shot, not just when you miss. In exchange for Bossk triggering less frequently and ensuring that you will end up with a stress token you also get a focus token (which comes after you've already shot, and possibly after all of your opponent's ships have already attacked). Unlike the Fire Control System, Bossk forces you to take a TL on the defender when you miss, even if you'd prefer keeping the a target lock that you already have on a different ship. Without Gunner it's a nice upgrade that's competitive with other crew options. 

With Gunner, the upgrade gets more powerful. It becomes a mix of Luke and an FCS for the price of Luke and an additional crew slot that ensures you end up with a stress token. That seems like it is reasonably priced to me.  

Edited by WWHSD

IG-2000 title is ship exclusive, it's incorporated into the cost of the Aggressor. Bossk can go on anything with a crew slot and a Scum icon. Not that I'd put him on a HWK.

Oh my. This is the Scum ship we've been looking for.

I feel like a Trandoshan in a pet store.

See how cute he is... now watch 'em bite that annoying house guest.

Git after 'em my lil meanie, daddy loves you so much!

Now attack dat annoyingly cute silly plush wookie... KILL!

:lol:

Now get your mean-lil-ass up on dat cool X-Wing spaceship... daddies gonna fly you all around the game board for a few hours!

:D

Now get your mean-lil-ass up on dat cool X-Wing spaceship... daddies gonna fly you all around the game board for a few hours!

Kind of assumed it was "How much is that doggie in the window? Oh, and a side of fries"

VI, Mangler, engine and maneuvering fins seems like a solid starter loadout for Bossk.

For the cost that is a very effective anti-Chiraneau. Cheap, wide-arc, high shields(highest in the game?).

Chief Hugh likes this

FFG should hire a native English speaker, doing their rules in americanese only leads to confusion.

Eh, English isn't a real good language for rules anyway...

What vile devilry does thou speak sir, English is the language of the bard himself the wordsmith that has writ works that span the ages, it's flexibility allows even the most broken of dialects to unit peoples and bridge cultures!

I am vexed sir truly i am that you should speak so ill of the mother language that birthed thine.

Forsooth that is should come to this sad state of affairs, verily thou art  ludibrious.

JJFDVORAK likes this

Kind of assumed it was "How much is that doggie in the window? Oh, and a side of fries"

I am actually picturing a Thando-Pup... cute and still creepy as all heck!

IMG_3618.JPG

Bite dat X-Wing... claw dat TIE Fighter!

Attah-boy!

The IG-2000 title actually costs 36...

Ravncat and Engine25 like this

ps5 is perfect for Lats Razzi too! Put weapons engineer and bossik. Take Tl for action, use her ability to help a higher ps ship, use second TL to help herself or another higher ps. She attacks and uses bossik gaining 2 more TLs to help two pilots below her ps. Potentially allowing 4 ships in one round to have lower the agility of their opponents.

ps5 is perfect for Lats Razzi too! Put weapons engineer and bossik. Take Tl for action, use her ability to help a higher ps ship, use second TL to help herself or another higher ps. She attacks and uses bossik gaining 2 more TLs to help two pilots below her ps. Potentially allowing 4 ships in one round to have lower the agility of their opponents.

399.gif

You are just the best. This is 100% awesome. It counters so many things!

You are just the best. This is 100% awesome. It counters so many things!

Yup, I had also twigged onto that. Xd just had hoped it would remain hidden under the mighty bossks frame.

Also Firespray can only fire its missile (or torpedo) in its forward 88°arc while the Tooth has that whole forward area shaded as primary.

No, the tooth has the same primary arc as everyone else, plus auxiliary arc(s) that allow it to fire its primary weapon at 180. It cannot fire secondary weapons at targets that are not in the normal, forward arc.

Your right. Misread the dotted line on the placard as solid. Lol. Mild relief. Still think the thing is insane. Especially with the super wedge combo I just read about.

How about something like this...

Fives for fighting (100)

Latts Razzi — YV-666 33

Bossk 2

Weapons Engineer 3

Gunner 5

Ship Total: 43

Kaa'To Leeachos — Z-95 Headhunter 15

Ship Total: 15

Binayre Pirate — Z-95 Headhunter 12

Ship Total: 12

Guri — StarViper 30

Ship Total: 30

With them all at ps5 us just choose who shoots when and devour low agility ships... It allows for more flexibility.

Edited by Bigocto

Just noticed to that the pup has the keyword deploy in bolded font. Might be a prelude to the rule for fighter launching in epic off of the Gozanti that so many had been clamoring for. Neat. Don't know if that's been mentioned by any one else yet.

superdave and ViscerothSWG like this

I said it earlier this thread and I say it again: Bossk is insta-FAQ material.

Why wording a card so ambiguously on purpose?

The card can be understood in two different ways:

"After missing an attack while you don't have a stress token, get a stress token, a focus token and acquire a target lock on the defender".

Or

"After missing an attack, get a stress focus token and acquire a target lock on the defender. If you aren't stressed, then get a stress token."

Which of these two is the good one? They say two different things, but at least it is clear what they say.

Why we need to start "interpreting" the text based not on what it says, but on how it resembles other cards that have been FAQ'd in the past that used a similar wording? I find all this crazy!

The Accuracy Corrector says:

"When attacking you may cancel all of your dice results. Then you may add two (hit) results to your roll."

Doesn't anyone find that wording ambiguous? Because to me it says:

"When attacking you may cancel all of your dice results. You may also add two (hit) results to your roll."

But what the card actually means is

"When attacking you may cancel all of your dice results, in order to then add two (hit) results to your roll."

Just... why?

Edited by Azrapse

Does that work though?

Specifically the shenanigans relating to Bossk crew.

First, don't you need to miss first?. So not guaranteed.

Assuming you do then the card states you get a target lock on the defender. Would engineer combine with that?

Edit. Ok , it works. Awesome sauce.

I want one now!

Edited by Spider

Doesn´t the Scum & Villainy faction begin te feel as a second Rebel Faction?

An increased amount of pilots is able to support others instead of the much herralded ´look out for their own´-style of play.

The Imperials have an increased amount of naturally talented support-pilotes as well. Howlrunner and Capt. Jonus aren´t alone anymore.

Are the factions getting more similar? Or has support become such a necessity in the game the designers can´t let it be in the hands of a single faction any longer?

Doesn´t the Scum & Villainy faction begin te feel as a second Rebel Faction?

An increased amount of pilots is able to support others instead of the much herralded ´look out for their own´-style of play.

The Imperials have an increased amount of naturally talented support-pilotes as well. Howlrunner and Capt. Jonus aren´t alone anymore.

Are the factions getting more similar? Or has support become such a necessity in the game the designers can´t let it be in the hands of a single faction any longer?

You are 100% right. I guess there is only so many times you can have a pilot ability only work when there is not a friendly ship with ranges 1-2.