Sign in to follow this  
Lyraeus

Presenting Alliance Free News (the Alliance counter to HNN)

Alright. I have created a Alliance blog for armada to counter the Holonet News Network. The unique thing about this blog is that I take a beginning snippet of HNN's latest blog as if Alliance slicers are breaking into the transmission and then when we finish I give you an ending snippet. 

am doing this from a smart phone at this time so all advice and recommendations should take that into account. 

I love criticism, as long as it is constructive. Enjoy and tell me if you want more combat related style of news or of you want propaganda style. Bring on the advice! 

http://alliancefreenews.blogspot.com/2015/06/the-skirmish-at-woostri.html?m=1

Still hard to read, although having the background image fixed in place will make things easier.

Really, you need a high contrast between the text and the image. If you're going for light text, it needs to be white or light grey (lighter than what you're using now), whilst the background needs to be dark. Give me a moment and I'll see if I can fix the background for you...

Edit:

Try this... http://www.nekomancy.com/RebelScumNews.jpg

To use an image as the background you need to fade out the details somewhat to allow the text a more consistent background to work on. It takes trial and error to get right, but this should work better at least.

Edited by nekomatafuyu

If you are going to make your sig advertise for the site you should put a link in it. The site itself is much more readable, but that blue is just too dark on that background, even though I do like the color itself...

If you are going to make your sig advertise for the site you should put a link in it. The site itself is much more readable, but that blue is just too dark on that background, even though I do like the color itself...

that's wierd. . . I did put the link into it. . .

that's wierd. . . I did put the link into it. . .

Huh... Yeah I've got nothing when I try to click on it.

Ditching the background image makes it a lot more readable.

The big problem now is that when you load up the page the logo takes up way too much space. As a general rule of thumb, you shouldn't have a screen and a half of logo to scroll through before you can even read the headline.

Ditching the background image makes it a lot more readable.

The big problem now is that when you load up the page the logo takes up way too much space. As a general rule of thumb, you shouldn't have a screen and a half of logo to scroll through before you can even read the headline.

Wierd. I should be able to adjust it in the mobile version. I know in Web version it does not take up much space. Give me a bit

I like it! Are you certain you should give away the composition of the Rebel fleet in that bottom picture though? After all any true Imperial knows it's not half that size anymore ;P

Edited by CobaltWraith

It's a sad day when slicers infest the work of responsible journalists and impersonate what they do while spreading lies and misinformation.

For loyal news you can trust, read HNN: The Most Loyal Name in News.

Rebellion Infects HoloNet, Rejoicing in Mayhem and Vulgarity

This new "news" outlet will be of great entertaimnment value to the men and women enlisted in Imperial service.