Sign in to follow this  
CobaltWraith

Who has registered for Worlds?

Title says it all I think. I jumped on at 12:00PM CST sharp and got my ticket and registered for Armada. This is actually my first time getting involved at anything more than a local level for this sort of competition so I'm rather excited. Anyone else here planning on attending FFG Worlds for Armada this year?

Edit: And Worlds are sold out in less than two hours without so much as a "hey these tickets are on sale now". Good heck that was popular, maybe they'll increase the venue size due to overwhelming response :)

Edited by CobaltWraith

Understandably, I took a lunch at work to get tickets the moment they were available, but I didn't expect 4 events to be sold out within the first 2 hours! I don't even know when Armada closed but I know it was one of the first two to do so. I think the game is here to stay :)

Understandably, I took a lunch at work to get tickets the moment they were available, but I didn't expect 4 events to be sold out within the first 2 hours! I don't even know when Armada closed but I know it was one of the first two to do so. I think the game is here to stay :)

Well it is one of the best space based games out there

Was there no qualification other than getting one of the tickets to go? Also, unless things have changed, flying into the twin cities is rather more expensive than it should be. NWA used to play fair fixing games, but that may have stopped. At any rate, it seems it's a world championship of wealthy or local attenders, not Armada players. I am not into the Armada tournament scene, so sorry if I'm uninformed.

Qualifications are either winning regionals or previous Worlds or buying a ticket on a first come first served basis. I think it depends more on interest level. I've got two guys here locally who want to go and we've got costs down to $300 per person with food, transportation, hotel, and $60 entry included by turning it into a good'ole college style road trip from Salt Lake City to FFG Headquarters, Minnesota.

Edited by CobaltWraith

I am sad too.  I have been contemplating going....all the way from BC!  Anyone know if tickets sometimes become available later, and where to get them potentially?

This is the first year it is 100% preregistration. So the answer is maybe. 

Well, I got mine at about 1:00 Central Time USA, an hour after registration opened. X-wing was already sold out, Armada had 2 left (I got one) and Netrunner had 3 left (I got one of those as well). I'm glad I remembered registration opened when I did!!

Qualifications are either winning regionals or previous Worlds or buying a ticket on a first come first served basis. I think it depends more on interest level. I've got two guys here locally who want to go and we've got costs down to $300 per person with food, transportation, hotel, and $60 entry included by turning it into a good'ole college style road trip from Salt Lake City to FFG Headquarters, Minnesota.

There are regionals already? Good Lord, that was fast.

There are regionals already? Good Lord, that was fast.

Regionals has not occurred yet. Since there has not been time to set those up and it took wave 1 far too long, it is likely that Regionals won't start until after world's.

I am curious to see what lists will be used since wave 2 should be out. . . I think the flexibility of the meta will get a great testing

If Regionals does not start till after world's then wave 2 will be out.