Sign in to follow this  
GML

GML's repaint thread

The first model I repainted was a TIE fighter, and that can be found here.

I did the rest of my models up over the past couple of days.  Now, I didn't put my top effort into them because the tournament scene differs from Warhammer in that it doesn't appear to focus on painting results (that I can see).  I just have something different from everybody else.  And here are the results:

TIE Advanced:
IMAG0422_zpszt87ytbj.jpg
IMAG0425_zpsyrddkzst.jpg
IMAG0424_zpsco5zf9wq.jpg

TIE Interceptors:
IMAG0421_zpsphlmar0w.jpg
IMAG0420_zpsgtmco4ck.jpg
IMAG0419_zpspbe3vjdw.jpg
IMAG0418_zpso4ogrsjg.jpg

TIE Fighters:
IMAG0416_zpsrrtvnvzp.jpg
IMAG0417_zps0fvrdsjm.jpg
IMAG0415_zpsi5h2ncrm.jpg
Edited by GML

The cockpit is actually rather easy.  The gradients and cockpit are both done the same way; it's all just layers.  I start with a base of Khorne Red (Citadel paint), and then add a drop of black at a time to get the darker shades, and drops of Evil Suns Scarlet to get the brighter shades until I am painting with pure Scarlet.

Takes a while, but I like the overall effect at the end.

Firespray is 95% complete.  The only thing I want to add to it is the engine glow.  I did it as a different colour scheme from the rest of my Imperials because the pilots are not truly Imperial.  So the unifying colour is the black/grey and the touch of red, but the blue is used to make it apparent that they are not true believers.

20160124_112513_HDR_zpsugahlupn.jpg20160124_112503_HDR_zps6s3izfke.jpg20160124_112450_HDR_zpsnkjgvssr.jpg20160124_112530_HDR_zpstivpfjwd.jpg20160124_112556_HDR_zpss0liklxk.jpg