Chainmaille Smith

Tabletop Simulator

I can't get to the site from work.  But I'd love to play while I'm at work. ;)   Is there a version where you don't have to play a game straight through?  i.e. take a turn, go away and wait for your oponent to go, come back and take next turn?  I realize that could take days to play a game but I need something I can walk a way from and come back to later.

I can't get to the site from work.  But I'd love to play while I'm at work. ;)   Is there a version where you don't have to play a game straight through?  i.e. take a turn, go away and wait for your oponent to go, come back and take next turn?  I realize that could take days to play a game but I need something I can walk a way from and come back to later.

Like draw something for X-Wing! Would be great as an app

As I am using TTS for my RPG, I would be very interested in seeing an online non-fail version of X-Wing. I mean FFG is still making hundreds off of me anyway and I'd like to share a game with my Russian buddy

Me and a bunch of my buddies play X-Wing on TTS from time to time. I played the TTS version first; and thus could never get into the clunky, visually dissatisfying look of X-Wing Vassal. People play Vassal to train, never to have fun. 

Hit me up on steam, i'd love to get more regular games going in our group: Razgriz 25th inf. is my name. Even that little period at the end of inf. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=415295765&searchtext=

Working very well and a lot better game feeling than vassal, even if all the vassal users want to tell you otherwise. Vassal is nice for card games, but it doesn't do a game with such nice miniatures justice.

Edited by ForAiur

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=415295765&searchtext=

Working very well and a lot better game feeling than vassal, even if all the vassal users want to tell you otherwise. Vassal is nice for card games, but it doesn't do a game with such nice miniatures justice.

Only problem being that bumping physical minis doesn't do the game justice, meaning VASSAL will always be inherently superior.

I'm looking at buying TTS just for Xwing, just due to work currently I can't get out to play on a table. How easy is it to set up? I've seen videos of people playing but can't find a tut to show our to set it up. Might be because I'm on a mac. Just looking at something that I can use to get my Xwing fix in before the while working extended rosters before going back to playing locally.

I tried setting up vassal but it seems complicated But TTS seems the same but visually better. Can someone tell or point out a video or Tutorial showing how to set it up

TTS is the way to go. Full 3D models, being able to change your point of view, and automated movement are all great. The X-Wing table with Automated Movement is being updated regularly. They just put in automated bumping, and while it is still a little buggy, I have faith they are going to work it out. I do not see how TTS is not as popular as Vassal, especially if you are using the X-Wing Table with Automated Movements. My group plays only on TTS.

TTS is the way to go. Full 3D models, being able to change your point of view, and automated movement are all great. The X-Wing table with Automated Movement is being updated regularly. They just put in automated bumping, and while it is still a little buggy, I have faith they are going to work it out. I do not see how TTS is not as popular as Vassal, especially if you are using the X-Wing Table with Automated Movements. My group plays only on TTS.

It's the price tag and vassal is well established and has a high level player base, including the likes of Paul Heaver, Morgan Reid, and other high level players.

No need to make this into a vassal vs TTS battle. Both are great in their own way and promote growth of the game.

Excited to try out TTS. Thanks for the note on the sale. Was waiting for something like this to try it out. If it doesn't quite cut it though, vassal has been fantastic and I'm happy with it.

Vassal (not Mu0n's module, but the program itself) is a trainwreck in user experience. But, like usual with these rough tools, once you get the hang of it, it is much faster and agile than TTS. It is also free.

TTS is pretty, but only recently they started allowing the most minimal automation. Ironically, this almost total lack of automation is balanced out with the fact that interacting with the different components is actually pretty intuitive, even if it takes, by average, much longer to do anything in TTS than in real life.

on tabletop simulator someone has gone to the lengths of doing the macros for you to input the movement commands.  it's a little fiddly but does work. I am hoping to try vassel soon but atm I've used the tabletop one and it did it's job. and is kept well up to date in the workshops

I got TTS a few months ago, but my computer couldn't run it... Just got a new computer a couple days ago and at first it seemed difficult, but I'm getting the hang of it. Once I feel comfortable enough in the next couple days I'll probably go online and play someone.

I've tried vassal but I haven't had the time or patience to sit down for an hour and figure the thing out.

I messed with TTS a couple of months ago and it was ok..  I tried it again last week and the new automated movement/bumping has made it really good.  I've played a few games over the last week and I am really impressed.  If you have TTS and haven't tried the X-Wing Automated Movement Table in a few weeks, find a game with someone who knows how it works and give it a try.

My Steam ID is Blackcat81; if I am on it is usually after 10:30 EST (after my two year old goes to bed.)

Any of these game systems that don't specialize have user interfaces that are complete dumpster fires. Mu0n has done a great job to improve the trainwreck that is VASSAL. TTS is getting by with community content. A friend of mine has heavily advocated the use of it as there is apparently a mod that does auto-bumps, which is a huge pain in VASSAL.

I would really like a specialized game experience that can give the game the justice it deserves.