Sign in to follow this  
Firespray-32

Solution to Clickbaiting

People who want to give feedback will go there. People who don't won't. Removing the Squad Lists subforum is the same mentality as spam emailing: pester 100 people that aren't looking for your thread in the hopes that one will reply.

There is an entirely different category of people you have failed to mention - those who don't mind giving feedback and occasionally will, but don't seek out opportunities to do so.

You can compare it to spam all day if you like, I'm not buying it.  This is an area full of open discussions of all types, and you pick and choose which conversations you enter, just as you would in an area full of open discussion in real life.  I don't have a party and put up different rooms for different conversations.  If I hear someone talking about their garden, I just move on to another discussion.  People are exposed to and enter the conversations they wish to be a part of, sometimes even something they aren't that interested in, and nobody ever accuses people of spamming.

It's not as if the subforum is hidden such that you have to go looking for it.

The purpose of subforums is to stop the less common threads being drowned out by the sheer volume of more common threads, for example, the rarer conversion threads being drowned out by the latest wave of "here's how to fix X" threads.

Edited by Blue Five

6061a9c20d25ba83beef9025962e3551.png

Hover over that position and an arrow will appear. Click it, and it will show a preview of the first and last posts without leaving the index.

Legit question here: One day, my forums background turned a bright obnoxious white-gray.  It used to be a lovely dark shade like your picture. I cannot find anywhere to change this... tips?

Hover over that position and an arrow will appear. Click it, and it will show a preview of the first and last posts without leaving the index.

Legit question here: One day, my forums background turned a bright obnoxious white-gray.  It used to be a lovely dark shade like your picture. I cannot find anywhere to change this... tips?

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/179827-have-the-forums-changed-colour/

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/179827-have-the-forums-changed-colour/

YES. THANK YOU. So much better