Sign in to follow this  
Wes Janson

Heir to the Empire

Another idea for Corran Horn's ability we discussed was this:

'When you destroy an enemy squadron, apply excess damage to any other enemy squadron at distance 1.'

Now that I like! Gives him spill over damage.

I would love to see a starfighter ace that causes 1 damage to an enemy Ship within 1 of a destroyed enemy squadron it destroys. AKA It causes the enemy squadron to impact on the enemy ship. something we see a bit of in ROTJ.

Ya I was an advocate of the spillover as well cynanbloodbane.

This is the 4th concept we are working with; 'When attacking an enemy squadron, you may divide your damage total between any enemy squadrons at distance 1 of your original target.'

Allowing him to be mop-up during heavy fighting. How many times has that squadron you have been shooting at escaped death by 1 hit point!?

Edited by Wes Janson

E-wing%20Squadrons_zpstmp0fevu.png

Not sure on this one.  If the enemy has damaged fighters this might work.  Maybe give it counter 1 PLUS this ability?  That would make it more deadly since the total Anti-Squadron dice are fairly low.  Or change it to 3 Blue and one black.

I am always concerned with making things overpowered or broken. I guess I am a conservative designer.

We will be play testing the heck out of Corran over the week. Anyone who would like to try out some of his variants on table would be of great help.

(18 pts) #1  'When you destroy an enemy squadron, apply excess damage to any other enemy squadron at distance 1.'

(18 pts) #2  'When attacking an enemy squadron, you may divide your damage total between any enemy squadrons at distance 1 of your original target.'

(18 pts) #3  'When you attack and destroy an enemy squadron, immediately do 1 damage to each enemy squadron in base contact.'

(20 pts) #4  'When you attack and destroy an enemy squadron, immediately do 1 damage to each enemy squadron at distance 1.'

How does everyone feel about moving the dreadnaught to a small ship base? It is only 2cm longer, but almost a full 4cm in width smaller. I have a feeling it is going to be like the Immobilizer 418.

It may depend on who's dreadnaught is used.

Utar's is 102mm long & Mel's is 114mm long.

Currently rolling with Mel's Dreadnaughts and Utar's Assault Frigate MkI. I will mount one on either in a photo and everyone can judge in the flesh.

*After getting Mel's Dreadnaught, Medium ship it is. Quite bulky really.

Edited by Wes Janson

Is there anything in the works that will allow boarding actions? Maybe an objective that would require the use of shuttles or light freighters?

On that note, need to ask Mel or Utar for Space Troopers.

Edited by cynanbloodbane

not to nit pick, but what is the point of having a black die on the anti squadron value? - if you cant resolve crits against a squadron, the most damage you can do is one . i would suggest changing it to a red one, that way you at least have a chance of doing double damage on the red die.

not to nit pick, but what is the point of having a black die on the anti squadron value? - if you cant resolve crits against a squadron, the most damage you can do is one . i would suggest changing it to a red one, that way you at least have a chance of doing double damage on the red die.

Perhaps its not about the Damage, but instead, the lack of damage?  When you factor in Blanks and Accuracies?

I don't know, I'm just spitballing here...

Centerpoint, a black die has normal damage on 6 faces instead of 4 on the blue. So it offers more consistent damage output, then the 3 blue on the standard squadron. We play tested this quite a bit, and to give him more damage in a single attack gets really nasty, so we toned Corran down.

Edited by Wes Janson

Centerpoint, a black die has normal damage on 6 faces instead of 4 on the blue. So it offers more consistent damage output, then the 3 blue on the standard squadron. We play tested this quite a bit, and to give him more damage in a single attack gets really nasty, so we toned Corran down.

i meant to switch it with a red die. so the value is 2 blue 1 red

this would give it a chance to hit double and actually be able to resolve it. on a black die, the hit crit would only do one damage

Red Die:

Blank - Blank - Crit - Crit - Hit - Hit - Double Hit - Acc

3 / 8 chance of doing "Some" damage.
1 / 8 chance of doing "Double" damage.

= 5/8 Chance of doing NO Damage
(although it may be mentioned, as you'er throwing multiple dice, that Acc could be useful....  But YMMV as you're also throwing Blue die)

Black Die:

Blank - Blank - HitCrit - Hitcrit - Hit - Hit - Hit - Hit

6 / 8 chance of doing "some" damage.

= 2/8 chance of doing NO damage.

Result = Black Die is far more consistant with doing SOME damage...  Although not double, of course.  Hence the term used - more Reliable.

Edited by Drasnighta