Sign in to follow this  
DanDoulogos

What's the Best Star Wars Movies Quote? (and why?)

My cousin introduces his new girlfriend at a family reunion a few years ago and I had to say Leia's line from A New Hope. "You came in that thing ? You're braver than I thought", then my other cousin his sister says ""She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts". I lost it after that, I hadn't laughed that hard ever in my life. Of course my defense is that I was refering to his motorcycle.

"Who's the more Foolish, the Fool or the Fool or follows him?"  - Ben Kenobi

Was with the ex-wife's family and used this to describe her under achieving sister and her newest lowlife boyfriend.

Later, after I went to work, the ex said to her dad I probably got the line from Star Trek or something.  He told her she didn't give me enough credit for my intelligence.

She told me this later and said she felt bad for making fun of me.  After laughing for about 10 minutes I told her it was from Star 'Wars', not 'Trek' and she was so mad at her dad.

(She wasn't my ex at the time.)

Edited by pickirk01

Sometimes, an otherwise so-so quote can be gold if used at the right time.

Like when a friend of mine, with his A-wing down to no shields and one hull, tried getting away by flying straight over an asteroid. Of course, he rolled a damage.

What did I say? "The odds of successfully navigating an asteroid field are 3,720 to 1."

I work for a large jet charter company. We have a very rigid set of standard operating procedures. They dictate that we say certain phrases when certain conditions occur, or actions are performed. This is a good thing, it keeps everybody on the same page and improves crew efficiency, but it gets boring.

One of my favorite coworkers decided to replace all the callouts with quotes from Star Wars and Star Trek. So, on one seven day tour we Got the SOP manual out and debated which quote to use where (you have to do something on long legs to keep yourself entertained). We wrote our own ridiculous SOP manual and have great fun using it when fly together.

Instead of saying "Gear down", when calling for the landing gear, we say "Start the landing cycle R2"

When slowing to 250 knots below 10,000 feet, we say " Cut to the sublight engines Chewie"

The examples are numerous, but my favorite quote comes from this incident. As we are both Captains, we alternate days sitting in the left seat (this is a big thing to pilots, and uptight, senior Captains will chew you out for daring to sit in the left seat). One day he set his flight kit in the left seat, on my left seat day. He stepped back to accomplish his preflight duties and I said to him "I have another quote to add to our SOPs".

He said "Yea, what's that"

I acted like I was furious, I placed my things in the left seat and moved his things to the right, at the same time I quoted Han from Episode 5, No! This goes here! That goes there!

We now purposely setup in the wrong seat, just to use that quote. We laughed so hard about it, it has become my favorite Star Wars quote.

Han Solo: "keep your distance Chewie but don't look like you're keeping your distance"

Chewie: "AAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHH"

Han Solo: "I don't know... fly casual"

I use this quote everyday when I don't know something ;)

Edited by urifici

Almost all banter between Han and Leia is pure gold:

"Why, you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder!" - "Who's scruffy-looking?"

"He's a card player, a gambler, a scoundrel. You'd like him."

"I'd rather kiss a Wookiee!" - "I can arrange that!" *storms off* "You could use a good kiss!"

Also, I might have missed it, but one of the best, most emotional quotes to me is: "The force will be with you. Always." After all the excitement, it's just perfect.

Han Solo: "keep your distance Chewie but don't look like you're keeping your distance"

"AAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHH"

-ufifici, when confronted with a difficult situation

"AAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHH"

-ufifici, when confronted with a difficult situation

Exactly, just yesterday I yelled like a wookie during a game because chirpy made 4 hits (2 crits) and the 2 crits were.... 2 damage... every crit, 6 damage in one shot...

so... after that I yelled like Chewbacca hahahahahahaha

No disintigrations.

The context for that quote makes it truly epic, with so much weight to the scene simply because of what it implies about the bounty hunters. 

Another great two word quote.  So similar to the Han "I know" quote in that it gives you the perfect framework for understanding who the character is.  I am of the belief that so many people believe Boba to be a dangerous badarse almost entirely because of this quote.  He's dangerous.  He kills people.  And he is such a loose cannon that Darth Vader, who force chokes people to death for a single mistake, still has to specifically tell him twice not to kill somebody, or else Boba may still decide to do it.

Edited by GiraffeandZebra