Sign in to follow this  
kryzak

FFG Worlds 2015 - Side Events Announced

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/6/8/always-something-to-do/

Hmm, non-epic X-wing on Wed and Sun.  Team Epic on Thur.  FFG is really trying to get the X-Wing players to pick up other games eh? :)

I think they're just trying to make sure that players of every game have something to do.

But if you're one of those who plays multiple FFG games, you'll always have something to do.

I don't see how.

Because if I only play X-Wing, I won't have much to do Thursday/Saturday unless I learn another game.  And then FFG got me to play one of their other games. :)

Hmm, non-epic X-wing on Wed and Sun.  Team Epic on Thur.  FFG is really trying to get the X-Wing players to pick up other games eh? :)

I think they're just trying to make sure that players of every game have something to do.

But if you're one of those who plays multiple FFG games, you'll always have something to do.

For sure.  I just feel it's not very well distributed if their most popular game (X-Wing non-Epic) is on the first and last day of the 5 days, when it's the hardest for people to get there or stay that late.  Again, I just feel this year's Worlds, X-Wing (non-Epic) is like the stepchild of FFG games in terms of getting the worst scheduling slots, while FFG promotes their newer games and Epic (which makes sense, since the Raider will be relatively newly out).

Edited by kryzak

Isn't the team epic event on Friday?

You are correct, my mistake.  Fixed. 

Most X-Wing players I know don't really play Epic.  I probably will try it out if I"m still there, or just go home Friday.  Not sure how I"m goign to bring the ships in my carry-on suitcase though...

Most X-Wing players I know don't really play Epic.  I probably will try it out if I"m still there, or just go home Friday.  Not sure how I"m goign to bring the ships in my carry-on suitcase though...

I haven't ever had a problem carrying my X-Wing ships in a Plano case when I fly.  And I always keep them in my carry-on.  If you are trying to bring an Huge ship, then that will be a little more difficult.  

I haven't ever had a problem carrying my X-Wing ships in a Plano case when I fly.  And I always keep them in my carry-on.  If you are trying to bring an Huge ship, then that will be a little more difficult.  

If you're a Rebel player, I highly recommend the Battlefoam epic pack. I don't even have a case for it yet. Just the foam itself is great for storing my epic ships and keeping them portable enough that I can bring them to play with friends or at the local FLGS.

Yeah, I'll be able to carry my X-Wing ships no problem, but the huge ships are the issue in a carry on.

If you're a Rebel player, I highly recommend the Battlefoam epic pack. I don't even have a case for it yet. Just the foam itself is great for storing my epic ships and keeping them portable enough that I can bring them to play with friends or at the local FLGS.

Yup ,Battlefoam is amazing!

Epic Play in X-Wing takes on all-new dimensions with the release of the Imperial Raider Expansion Pack...

Does this mean the Raider is confirmed to be available before Worlds?

I should point out that the announcement did indicate that there would be league play for X-Wing (and the other games) the entire event but was not listed. So there should be something X-Wing going on every day. How much of something is another question.

Thanks for pointing that out Sable.  I must have missed it when I read through.  That's good to know. :)

The page just says 'registration goes live at 1200 CST on 15 June. Any idea how that will go live? Via web page, email, phone system? I'm assuming webpage, but will they post a link or something?

Edited by swimmingordy