Sign in to follow this  
painter88

sleeves

I found sleeves for my pilot cards at target. But does anyone know where to get card sleeves for damage deck or upgrade cards? I know they're small but don't want them to get messed up over the times playing

Thanks guys that will be my next order. I have one question has to do with rules but I'll go ahead and ask can I have only a modification card or a title card or one of each?

You can have one of each if the pilot card has the Elite Pilot Talent icon in its upgrade bar.  Generally those are PS4+ pilots.   Any ship can take a modification.  There is no icon in the upgrade bar.   So you can put Engine Upgrade on an Academy Pilot, but that same pilot cannot take Determination, for example. 

Ok thank you for clearing that up. I'm pretty new to the game only played 4 games. My record is 4-0 though lol. I'm running scum next purchase with sleeves will be slave 1. The ig is good but feel it's weaker than slave. But I'm partial sense I'm a bobba fan.lol

You can have one of each if the pilot card has the Elite Pilot Talent icon in its upgrade bar.  Generally those are PS4+ pilots.   Any ship can take a modification.  There is no icon in the upgrade bar.   So you can put Engine Upgrade on an Academy Pilot, but that same pilot cannot take Determination, for example.

What? He was asking about titles, not EPTs.

can I have only a modification card or a title card or one of each?

Each ship can have one modification AND one title. The titles tend to all be limited to specific ships though. You can't put "royal guard pilot" on a tie defender, for example, it can only go on a tie interceptor. Like Arschbombe mentions, there is no icon for those 2 types of upgrades. Every other kind of upgrade, such as elite pilot talents (EPT) and system upgrades and so on, can equip a single card for each matching icon in the ship's upgrade bar.

What? He was asking about titles, not EPTs.

Each ship can have one modification AND one title. The titles tend to all be limited to specific ships though. You can't put "royal guard pilot" on a tie defender, for example, it can only go on a tie interceptor. Like Arschbombe mentions, there is no icon for those 2 types of upgrades. Every other kind of upgrade, such as elite pilot talents (EPT) and system upgrades and so on, can equip a single card for each matching icon in the ship's upgrade bar.

Doh!  I swear he said talents... ;)

Probably also worth pointing out that some titles are generic and can be used on multiple ships (BTL-A4,  Royal Guard TIE) while others are unique and can only be used in a squadron once (Millennium Falcon,  Slave-1).

I used the mayday sleeves at the first, but I don't use anymore because it doesn't get an standard size, some are larger or wider, so in some cases when you get more cards protected by a sleeve for a different bag are inconsistent in a storage, greettings.

Just to tag in on the sleeves question... one of these days I'll have some, but are there any boxes for cards in this size range?  Or how do you guys store your sleeved upgrade cards?

Just to tag in on the sleeves question... one of these days I'll have some, but are there any boxes for cards in this size range?  Or how do you guys store your sleeved upgrade cards?

Mini cards are half the size of regular cards, so I took a normal card box and added a divider down the middle so that I had two rows of mini cards in it.

Taking this off on a vaguely related tangent, has anyne found any folders what will take the upgrade cards individually? All I have seen is people cramming two per slot in standard sized folders, which is all well and good until you want multiple of the same card behind the original...

I sorted them by type and put them into some of the little baggies that come with a ship pack and now I have them in a promo deckbox. I need a second one to fit everything perfect but as of right now I have everything but my huge ships only cards (My fleet is in my sig for reference) in a single box no issues. I'm also using the new citadel case and it does wonderfully in case anyone is looking for a professional looking way to carry their fleets.

For the record if you can find a nearby game store, the FFG card sleeves are only $2.50 per pack in general, and you don't have to pay double that just for shipping.  

That would be nice... but driving over 100 miles to the closest is more expensive than shipping.  I just get everything I want from the same place so I only have one shipping charge.

Mini cards are half the size of regular cards, so I took a normal card box and added a divider down the middle so that I had two rows of mini cards in it.

Just curious... who makes the card box that you can do that?  My Hastings carries, believe it or not, FFG Boxes, UltraPro (focused on Magic) and some DeckBox things.  I've been thinking about the UltraPro Tower as it has a box on the bottom that slides out and the top area.  Might work well for the smaller cards... but I can see them getting all mixed up if it took a tumble as well.  Right now I have them in a clear Plano box that has dividers and have them sorted by type (and yeah, because I'm CDO, they're alphabetical... and it was all good till I got the Crews with the Epic ships).  It works, and is good if I want to take everything... just looking for better options.

Oohh... wait... you just have them down in the box, but still have to deal with the top half being empty but can put two rows in?  Ok... yeah, that is not optimal...

Edited by Grayfax

The issue has been the FFG sleeves were simply unavailable.   My local stores were sold out and couldn't get any replacements.  On the Upcoming page they are listed as Out of Stock, Shipping Now.   I ended up getting some from Ebay.

A store an hour away had some of the Mayday Games sleeves and I bought a pack to try out, when I was there for a tournament.  Then I bought two more packs.  I haven't noticed the inconsistencies mentioned by Kaxel.

Just curious... who makes the card box that you can do that? My Hastings carries, believe it or not, FFG Boxes, UltraPro (focused on Magic) and some DeckBox things. I've been thinking about the UltraPro Tower as it has a box on the bottom that slides out and the top area. Might work well for the smaller cards... but I can see them getting all mixed up if it took a tumble as well. Right now I have them in a clear Plano box that has dividers and have them sorted by type (and yeah, because I'm CDO, they're alphabetical... and it was all good till I got the Crews with the Epic ships). It works, and is good if I want to take everything... just looking for better options.

Oohh... wait... you just have them down in the box, but still have to deal with the top half being empty but can put two rows in? Ok... yeah, that is not optimal...

Not completely sure what all your talking about here but... I'm talking about just plain white cardboard card boxes.

http://www.amazon.com/BCW-Count-Corrugated-Cardboard-Storage/dp/B00E472B7U/ref=zg_bs_2358923011_1

Don't know who all makes them but they can usually be had for around a dollar at most game stores and come in a range of sizes from (I think) 400 to 1000 count. I just put a divider right down the middle and the mini cards fit in perfectly standing upright because they are as tall as regular cards are wide.

Edited by Forgottenlore

Not completely sure what all your talking about here but... I'm talking about just plain white cardboard card boxes.

http://www.amazon.com/BCW-Count-Corrugated-Cardboard-Storage/dp/B00E472B7U/ref=zg_bs_2358923011_1

Don't know who all makes them but they can usually be had for around a dollar at most game stores and come in a range of sizes from (I think) 400 to 1000 count. I just put a divider right down the middle and the mini cards fit in perfectly standing upright because they are as tall as regular cards are wide.

Now THIS was a helpful reply.  Sometimes the old ways are the better ways... 

For upgrade cards, I took some regular UltraPro side loading sheets, and melted a line down the middle of them with a nail, held by pliers and heated in a gas flame, using a steel ruler as a guide. Now I have a bunch of sheets with pockets exactly the right size for my upgrade cards.