Sign in to follow this  
doji

original trilogy being rewritten!

I mean, I love the original films and the novelizations, but I would like a retelling of the story that's got a more modern slant on it.

It's well worth your time to pick up the novelization of Episode 3. There was so much going on that never made it to the screen, so many things explained in a tiny bit more detail. It's a much better experience than the movie was.

sadly not saying much

galaxias.gif

Again with pointing this one out! Does nobody seriously understand why this shot is damned genius? For real, do I have to explain this one again?FINE. Kriff it, I will.

This shot is easily one of the best in the entire prequel Trilogy, and let me tell you why. On one hand, someone could point to this as the example of Saber combat being "overchoreographed" but they'd be completely wrong.

What you see here, is a Master and a Student fighting on the same level. Everything Obi-Wan taught Anakin is being shown to have made its mark and become part of his style, the way he fights. At the exact same moment, at the exact same time, Obi-Wan and Anakin decided to use the exact same move. 

There is a literary friggin' beauty to that, and Prequel haters just bag on it because they've got a hard time looking past the surface. Hell this is my favorite shot from the prequels, because those few twirls speak volumes about how in sync Obi-Wan and Anakin are at like all friggin' times.

This wasn't done just to be flashy or look cool, there was a perfectly good narrative purpose to this just under two second clip. Because what's always omitted is the way their lightsabers strike. Don't forget, they also think to use Force Push at the exact same time too.

They're constantly using the same moves throughout the fight, mirroring each other. You ask me, it's one of the most well thought out Master/Student fights slapped onto film. Because in just this little moment, the kind of relationship they had, how close they were, how much time they spent together, how in tune with each other they were, shows right here. This little shot, right here, tells us exactly how close Obi-Wan and Anakin were.

And dammit, if that doesn't drive the point home of how heavy the climax of the fight is, that Obi-Wan literally could not kill Anakin himself at the end of it all, I dunno' what does.

People gotta' stop baggin' this one. It's the best shot in the whole movie.

It's too bad that in dialogue and how they acted in the other scenes you never really felt that Anakin and Obi-Wan were close to one another. Sure they used lines that suggest they are close but you never really feel it. Anakin was always at Kenobis throat about everything. Also that's a pretty jerk move to be like well you did betray everything we believed in, led an army of trained killers into our home to massacre children and tried to kill me but I can't kill you, I would rather remove your limbs and watch as you burn alive. Oh, also, I'm stealing your sword and leaving you for dead.

'rewritten' isn't the correct word given the details of the story (assuming it is even correct)

These would simply be POV novelizations of the events of the OT - and young adult versions at that it seems. 
Nothing to see here...move along

'rewritten' isn't the correct word given the details of the story (assuming it is even correct)

These would simply be POV novelizations of the events of the OT - and young adult versions at that it seems. 

Nothing to see here...move along

The title of this thread was pretty clickbait and misleading, yeah.

I think that the prequel really needs to be rewritten, not the OT, and I need to wait until others pages confirm this story, not only one page, greetings.

Oh boy.