Sign in to follow this  
megamen

X17 = Trade Federation Battleship???

Has anyone else noticed that it looks like the X17s are equipped on the spherical portion of a Trade Federation Battleship?

As you know FFG likes to include future ships in the card art, so this means we may be getting them!

If you don't think it is a TF Battleship, what ship do you think it is?

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's one of the weapon blisters on the fore section of a Nebulon-B.  That's what XI7s were mounted on, after all.  And frankly, if we get a Clone Wars-era version of any of FFG's Star Wars games, it'll be this one.

No no no no.... We'd sooner see scum than we would Clone Wars stuff.

Though there's a nice Zann Consortium sitting around...

Regardles, I'd like this game to keep to it's two factions.

I completely disagree. There is nothing nice about the Mary-Sue Consortium, but I'd love to see more than two fractions...perhaps something like S&V or traitor imps with their own commanders and uniques and without the possibility to take loyal imp uniques.

Clone Wars stuff might be okay, but I see problems as

a) the Clone Wars stuff should be outdated but

b) is way better than the imperial or rebel stuff, according to the makers of clone wars. As such, it is more Mary-Sue(again...well, probably cloned) Wars than Clone Wars and won't balance well within Armada.

That turbolaser would be freaking huge if it was on top of a Lucrehulk battleship as represented in the card art. The core ship (the big sphere) had a diameter of nearly 700 meters! That's like 2 and 1/3 nebulons stretched end to end. 

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lucrehulk-class_Core_Ship

I am pretty sure that is not were he thought it was...

That turbolaser would be freaking huge if it was on top of a Lucrehulk battleship as represented in the card art. The core ship (the big sphere) had a diameter of nearly 700 meters! That's like 2 and 1/3 nebulons stretched end to end. 

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lucrehulk-class_Core_Ship

I am pretty sure that is not were he thought it was...

Go look at the OP's opening comment and get back to me on that

Well yes he said sphere iCal portion, but I don't think he means means 1 giant cannon on top of the ship...

But I guess he might

Well yea but there's only really one spherical location on the TF battleship, and that spherical section is huge because the entire battleship is huge. I'm very much guessing that he did mean that but wasn't aware of how huge the Turbolaser would end up being if it was there. Hence I pointed that out.

Whats with all the prequel hate, i myself actually prefer the prequel trioligy and liked jar jar when i was younger, though yeah i think that is on a corvette

"All" the prequel hate? If my memory is correct, there was only one post that said they didn't want prequel stuff in general (and two that didn't want Clone Wars stuff.) It was my post. The reason is that, in addition to prequel tech being hideously out of date, I do hate the prequels. They were absolutely terrible movies in every metric (except for revenue generation, and visual effects, which were out of hand.)

You are welcome to a different opinion, but that's why I hate the prequels.

Well, my prequell hate stems from several things:

- CGI-effects as a substitute for plot and charme

- idiotic political geniuses

- Jar-Head Binks, a character who fits in like a teletubby into a western

- General "I'm a Vader for kids *cough* "- Grievous; they could have kept Dooku (a really good character) longer alive rather than introducing this lightsaber-copter

- autonomous battlerobots with a teletubbyesk speach pattern and behaviour who are rendered useless (or rather even more useless as they already are) when their control vessel is destroyed

- midichlorians (I think of them as forceparasites. They infest force users, the stronger the user is, the more parasites there are)

- Senator Jar-Head Binks...

- Padme child molesting young Anakin

- The clean look of the movies

- Leia is remembering her mother in RotJ and describing her to Luke...

- The Death Star in Ep 2 (?). It needed 20 years to get build, the DSII ca. 4 years

- Gungans...well slap-stick in general.

Well, my prequell hate stems from several things:

- CGI-effects as a substitute for plot and charme

- idiotic political geniuses

- Jar-Head Binks, a character who fits in like a teletubby into a western

- General "I'm a Vader for kids *cough* "- Grievous; they could have kept Dooku (a really good character) longer alive rather than introducing this lightsaber-copter

- autonomous battlerobots with a teletubbyesk speach pattern and behaviour who are rendered useless (or rather even more useless as they already are) when their control vessel is destroyed

- midichlorians (I think of them as forceparasites. They infest force users, the stronger the user is, the more parasites there are)

- Senator Jar-Head Binks...

- Padme child molesting young Anakin

- The clean look of the movies

- Leia is remembering her mother in RotJ and describing her to Luke...

- The Death Star in Ep 2 (?). It needed 20 years to get build, the DSII ca. 4 years

- Gungans...well slap-stick in general.

That list is a good start. ;)

Have you seen Plinkett's reviews?