Sign in to follow this  
cjk1975

It's too big for the hole!!

I know what you pervs were thinking...lol

so I was playing around d with my rebel fighters n sewn that some of the pegs from the minis themselves seem too big for the hole. Anyone else have issues like this and what did you do to correct it?? I'd hate to ruin a ship cuz I'm trying to fit it in the hole ya know??

If you look at both the peg and the base, you will notice they are cut in semi-circles. Align the flat part of both and you will have an easier time, the arrow on on the peg indicates where it's flat side is.

It sounds like he was talking about where the soft grey plastic miniature fighters attach to the clear acrylic stands (which are indeed circular), not where the stands attach to the base.

And sorry man, didn't have any such problem with any of mine.

Binding a single layer of tape around the end of the peg can also help. Edit: misread. Scraping the inside of the hole with a hobbyknife is probably the easiest fix for that.

In Spain there is a saying that roughly translates as "With patience and saliva the elephant screws the ant"

There is a reason the Spanish empire does not exsist today...

Yes. The Dutch.

Edited by Lord Tareq

Contact support? Theres a very easy to use page to report miscast pieces. I had a problem with my GSD support stand right out of the box. They instantly sent me a replacement, no cost. And didn't want the miscast piece. In your situation this would net you proper support stands while still letting you try and fix the ones you got.

It's not miscast. The pegs are just bigger then the flight stand hole

All the fighters I have, the pegs are just a hair too big, causing them to fit very snugly onto the clear plastic stand.  But they did fit, with no issues.  To that end, they don't fall off when using or storing the models.  I assume this is by design.  If they are litterally too big  to fit, contact support.  It cannot hurt.

This is one of those things I'd feel bad calling support about. It almost seems more like a feature than a flaw. Think of how much worse the problem would be if the natural pegs were too small, and wouldn't stay in the flight tree.

All my fighter pegs were oversized -- so I just shaved them with an X-Acto. Now they're snug enough to stay in place if I were to turn the squadron upside down, but loose enough to pop out or rotate easily, which reduces the chance of bending/breaking parts during handling.

It's an easy fix. Most of the pegs aren't perfectly round, and have one or two "ridges" running along them. You can use the ridges as guidelines for the area and amount you need to shave.

I think since the stand doesnt move but the cardboard does maybe they should of went with a square support rod. With the clear plastic and my bad eyesight was abit hard to line them up