Sign in to follow this  
Cubanboy

Poll how many squads did you buy?

2 core's , 1 imperial and 1 rebel so far. I am considering another of each but I do not want anymore TIE fighters. same thing with the X wings at the moment. would love to have some Z-95's, Tie Interceptors, and TIE Avengers along with CW Era Y wings.

1 of everything but 2 packs of imperial fighters.. i want more fighters but knowing how FFG's track record is going lately.  i expect that they will have alternate packs of fighters come out in the future with different elite pilots

so i think i can wait and not over do it like i did with X-wing for the first 3 waves

I've got one of each Fighter set, though already thinking a second box of each wouldn't go amiss. Once the game goes to 400pts then I'm thinking 3 sets of each might actually be the way to go.

I bought one of each but have bought a second set of Rebels and will be getting another set of Imperials at some point in the near future.

I'm also wondering what the likelihood of aces type packs for squadrons are once we hit wave 3 and beyond.

0 Rebel, and 2 Empire. I still don't own any Rebel ships beyond the core, yet, tho. I'll probably wait till the MC30 to buy in to Rebels.

The Cr80 and Neb-B are Imperia Ships too!

1 of each but intend to get another of each pack. Dont think i'll get any more squadrons unless like others think they release an aces pack. The only reason im gonna buy the second set of fighter expansions is so i can field the A's,B's,Tie varients etc as a full wing if the fancy takes me rather than just 1or2 squadrons

Rebel-only player, two packs purchased.

I would like to own three packs worth, because I can envision fun fleets that spam A-Wings or Y-Wings (maybe even B's).

However, I'm doing my best to stave off the purchase.

Why?

Because I'm convinced that the release pattern is going to run out of squadron content quickly, and that "Aces" packs will arrive sooner rather than later. Or new expansions with two fresh squadrons and repeats of two old squadrons. Regardless of the specifics, overlap feels inevitable. So while I can see myself using 6 A-Wings... 8 A-Wings? I dunno.

I doubt that FFG will release 'Aces' packs.  In X-Wing, the Aces packs have been a way to tweak and make minor fixes to ships.  Since Armada is focused on capital ships, and not fighter squadrons, there probably won't be the level of fighter diversity that you see in X-Wing.

1 of everything but 2 packs of imperial fighters.. i want more fighters but knowing how FFG's track record is going lately.  i expect that they will have alternate packs of fighters come out in the future with different elite pilots

so i think i can wait and not over do it like i did with X-wing for the first 3 waves

This is an excellent point, with x-wing ships have at min 4 pilots per ship with 2 named. I wonder if they will bring out all of the small ships first as sqauds then different pilots or aces.

Rebel-only player, two packs purchased.

I would like to own three packs worth, because I can envision fun fleets that spam A-Wings or Y-Wings (maybe even B's).

However, I'm doing my best to stave off the purchase.

Why?

Because I'm convinced that the release pattern is going to run out of squadron content quickly, and that "Aces" packs will arrive sooner rather than later. Or new expansions with two fresh squadrons and repeats of two old squadrons. Regardless of the specifics, overlap feels inevitable. So while I can see myself using 6 A-Wings... 8 A-Wings? I dunno.

I doubt that FFG will release 'Aces' packs.  In X-Wing, the Aces packs have been a way to tweak and make minor fixes to ships.  Since Armada is focused on capital ships, and not fighter squadrons, there probably won't be the level of fighter diversity that you see in X-Wing.

It'll surely never get to the 3+ generic/4+ named (per ship) standard that X-Wing can support... I'd be surprised if Armada held to 1 generic/1 named, though. We already have a second X-Wing and TIE Ace.

It'll surely never get to the 3+ generic/4+ named (per ship) standard that X-Wing can support... I'd be surprised if Armada held to 1 generic/1 named, though. We already have a second X-Wing and TIE Ace.

I would suggest it's because the X-Wing and the TIE Fighter are the iconic fighters in the OT.  I don't ever see them doing different versions of unnamed squadrons, since squadrons are so much more simplified than in X-Wing.  I could see FFG adding another generic/named pair of existing fighters if they do fighter packs for the remaining fighters in Wave 3.  Maybe a TIE Interceptor for the Imperials and an A-Wing for the Rebels.

2 core, 3 of each fighter packs, 3 assault frigates, 3 gladiator, 1 additional vsd, 1 additional corvette and nebulon.

Edited by Nilliom

Fun is its own reward, of course, but is spamming a single type of squadron actually effective?

It seems like the only ship that is versatile enough for spamming is the X-wing, and with two packs and the squadrons from the core, don't you feel you have enough of those?  (I see you're not mentioning the X-wing here, so I'm guessing they're not foremost on your mind.)

Fun is its own reward, of course, but is spamming a single type of squadron actually effective?

It seems like the only ship that is versatile enough for spamming is the X-wing, and with two packs and the squadrons from the core, don't you feel you have enough of those?  (I see you're not mentioning the X-wing here, so I'm guessing they're not foremost on your mind.)

as you hinted at, X-wing spam is pretty **** effective :)

Whale (paragon) + Whale (haven) + 7 X-wings is my go-to list atm

the A-wings also quite versatile (similar chance of damaging a ship, massive speed, cheaper price for 1-2 more bodies) but I prefer the extra health and burst damage output of the X-wings in conjunction with Haven's bunker-like properties. I run them with Nebs, but I need room for B-wings there because 3 B-wings is like having your own super VSD chaperone your long range nebs around

still need to find a rebel opponent to send my VSDs against, but they're accompanied by 9 ties because the anti-ship plan is being handled by the vsds and I need as many bodies as I can get. Should at least be quite a spectacle.

Edited by ficklegreendice