Sign in to follow this  
Desslok

Wow! Print-On-Demand decks that are useful!

Hey - while not as cool as the NPC decks (of which we badly need more) the Critical Injury Decks and Critical Hit Decks might actually be useful. That way I can stop writing down and trying to remember what did what to whom.

I'll probably get the Injury deck for sure. We tend not to do much vehicle combat, so the hit deck is less useful.

But these before we get another EotE Career book... Are they just stalling to annoy us? i mean at this rate we will get a FaD Career book before either Tech or BH arrive, let alone both! with an Outlaw Tech and Slicer in my group its getting annoying that they don't have more to work with, while the others are a Scout, Big Game Hunter, Marshal and Scoundrel that are all using the extra resources.

Whinge over...

I think you will see content pick up towards the end of the year . They will have their last core rulebook out and the new movie will be everywhere, so I think it likely they will begin pushing career books hard through the next GEN con in 2016 . I bet that's when they'll announce an episode seven book or even launch it. Who knows , they may even surprise everybody and start launching some episode seven material shortly after the first of the year once the new movie's out.

I was about to snag these from the FFG webstore...but $9 in shipping (i.e. more than the cost of one deck, and less than a dollar cheaper than the other) is just way too much. How come there's no USPS option other than priority?

Well, you could try and get them through CSI or Mini Market, but it'll probably be a while before they get their stock in hand. (and, assuming the decks are all you're getting, the grand total is only 6 bucks cheaper.)

Edited by Desslok

I was about to snag these from the FFG webstore...but $9 in shipping (i.e. more than the cost of one deck, and less than a dollar cheaper than the other) is just way too much. How come there's no USPS option other than priority?

try shipping to Australia... 

Not saying 'the sky is falling!'  but releases since the AOR core book came out last year have felt minimal. One adventure and one career book in 12 months?

Nothing whatsoever on the horizon for EOE.

Yes, it could just be a logjam for the F&D game.

FFG have quality products but I'm kinda hoping this game doesn't end up like Warhammer FRP3, one that ends before we can play all the archetypes (cough*elf mages*cough)

I'd at least like the EOE career books to be finished at some point. 

Oh the lack of an elf supplement for WFRP3 is the biggest crime (although the fan made one is awesome, thanks Yeps, I never got to bring it to the table) but sadly it ended up not being the most popular system and Star Wars (with its more refined dice system that owes a lot to WFRP for laying the groundwork work) took over.

Not saying 'the sky is falling!'  but releases since the AOR core book came out last year have felt minimal. One adventure and one career book in 12 months?

Nothing whatsoever on the horizon for EOE.

Yes, it could just be a logjam for the F&D game.

FFG have quality products but I'm kinda hoping this game doesn't end up like Warhammer FRP3, one that ends before we can play all the archetypes (cough*elf mages*cough)

I'd at least like the EOE career books to be finished at some point. 

F&D beta, Onslaught at Arda, Stay on Target, Fly casual, Lords of Nal Hutta, adversary and critical cards,  plus about 2 more books and a box set that are about to pop here shortly.  That's def more than 2 books in 12 months. 

I haven't got a calendar for release dates but it seems to me they've essentially been following a similar release pattern as always.  I have a feeling AoR beta was less work than F&D.  Toss in a dock workers strike in the US that caused some burps in distribution and it all seems about right to me.

2 books for AOR. Not terribly prolific, but your mileage may vary.

It will take a while to finish the splatbooks at this rate, assuming that's what people want.

A few people have mentioned the lack of SW RPG activity at things like May 4th.

Also, do we definitely know that there will be tie-ins to the new movies?  Feels like the games are set in the original movies.

They've never done anything on May the 4th to my knowledge, so that's hardly a surprise.  Technically Disney didn't either.

They have done material for all three game books over the year. You realize they only have so many developers to work on so many books? If you're expecting them to focus on a single direction of books you're not being terribly reasonable.  I personally would rather see them finish the EoE line, and have no real concern about AoR, F&D splatbooks before AoR is done would be more interesting to me, others may want the F&D now, and couldn't care less about EoE.  FFG only has so many people so if you don't consider the total work output and are only judging by one of the CRBs, you're not being very fair.

Also, do we definitely know that there will be tie-ins to the new movies?  Feels like the games are set in the original movies.

Past RPG stuff was the Free RPG Day module for EotE, and Rebellion day for AoR. Something for FaD is likely to occur whenever FFG decides to do it. They've never really been constrained to May 4th for much of anything with their Star Wars stuff, really.

There was an announcement that basically had FFG confirm that they've got access to stuff from the new trilogy. It doesn't necessarily mean they'll shift focus to it in the RPG or other existing games, but they do have access to it, and they will make stuff for it. But for the RPG, you can probably expect at least a small handful of things from the new trilogy to pop up where appropriate.

Edited by Lathrop

Tell me about it. $33.85US to ship the two decks to Australia, and then I have to worry about the currency conversion.

I am imagining trained kangaroos hopping from the States to Australia with decks in its pouch. If that's the case, then it's TOTALLY worth it. Otherwise :o

6 White Boomers, snow white boomers on their Australian run.....

2 books for AOR. Not terribly prolific, but your mileage may vary.

It will take a while to finish the splatbooks at this rate, assuming that's what people want.

The release pattern for the books seems to be 2 career books per year, so if they follow the same pattern we are just overdue due for another careerbook anouncement for a book that should come in August or September.  The last one should come out in February of next year if they follow the same pattern.  Age of Rebellion will be on schedule if their second one comes out this month which it looks like it will.  Force and Destiny will probably get one in the next six months also if they follow the same pattern.